Become a Patron!

One Drop Flavors By Real Flavors?

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Don't think lots have been using the new pg line, but if it sucks at that price, you not going to be mad. Ordered 2 full lines, one for testing one as giveaway. We will see if they good or not pretty soon :)

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I ordered 11, figured I could use them somewhere if they weren't particularly good. I just tested a couple of my RF pg based I got on sale a while back. Raspberry and kiwi are nice, yumberry was a let down. May just need more time, only mixed it last week. Some of the RF fruits they recommend higher percentages for, probably due to natural extracts.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a little excited when I saw 79¢ for 30ml, but decided to pass. I've been very unimpressed with their stuff and have given most of what I did have away. Everything (just about) that I've received from them needed significant "boosting" from other flavors. I can do that with any flavor I have, so why add to the pile?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I got a little excited when I saw 79¢ for 30ml, but decided to pass. I've been very unimpressed with their stuff and have given most of what I did have away. Everything (just about) that I've received from them needed significant "boosting" from other flavors. I can do that with any flavor I have, so why add to the pile?
My pile is an ant hill compared to yours. Besides BCF is still out of the VA flavors I want.:(

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yo some of real flavors is amazing and better then anything I ever tried. Apple is the best apple concentrate I ever tried from any concentrate. I do not like everything they make but they have some amazing flavors. Im hoping they these are good. Im giving away the whole line pretty soon on my Youtube channel.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My shipping notice posted today from ODF.:)

I also got a shipped notice today.

I'm expecting to use the few flavors I got as "enhancements" to multi-ingredient recipes, since they're all quite basic. Seems like I ordered orange, custard, strawberry, chocolate, grape, vanilla. None of those would be standalones for me.

I just wonder how strong they are - as in the name "One Drop Flavors." Are these flavors super-concentrated?

ETA: Wish I'd ordered the caramel too. I have a caramel macchiato recipe I made up but haven't mixed yet, and the dulce de leche that I was going to use in it wasn't included in the order I got today from another vendor. Aargh!

Last edited:

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also got a shipped notice today.

I'm expecting to use the few flavors I got as "enhancements" to multi-ingredient recipes, since they're all quite basic. Seems like I ordered orange, custard, strawberry, chocolate, grape, vanilla. None of those would be standalones for me.

I just wonder how strong they are - as in the name "One Drop Flavors." Are these flavors super-concentrated?

ETA: Wish I'd ordered the caramel too. I have a caramel macchiato recipe I made up but haven't mixed yet, and the dulce de leche that I was going to use in it wasn't included in the order I got today from another vendor. Aargh!
They say its like capella silverline. Yes you can use the as stand alone flavors. 5-9 percent.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
My ODF arrived today. They sent 16 flavors, I only ordered 11. Don't know if it's a mistake or if they are sending out 30ml samples. Will mix up next week. I have RF raspberry tester I mixed at 3% and liking, going to mix the ODF at 3% as well to compare.

ceecee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
My ODF arrived today. They sent 16 flavors, I only ordered 11. Don't know if it's a mistake or if they are sending out 30ml samples. Will mix up next week. I have RF raspberry tester I mixed at 3% and liking, going to mix the ODF at 3% as well to compare.

Hmmmm.... I ordered 15 and they sent me..... 15 :huh:

Lucky you Letitia! I wonder if whoever packed it made a mistake?

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Hmmmm.... I ordered 15 and they sent me..... 15 :huh:

Lucky you Letitia! I wonder if whoever packed it made a mistake?
Or maybe they send people the whole line if they ordered 10 or 12 and left some out that were not just menthol. i get my package Friday, I'll let you know what I got, but I doubt I'll get more than the 2 full lines I ordered lol.

Grats Letitia, at least now you can test the full line with all of us :D

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
LOL I do appreciate the freebies but there is a reason I didn't order those other 5 flavors. Will maybe pull a few mls off and pif the rest.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
So I've finally finished testing that whole line. I'll post the link to elr here, because if I copy and paste the whole notes in this topic, moderators might kill me since its soooo much.

But I'll include my overall and final thoughts about the (ODF) line in this post, and whoever is bored and would love to read the full notes can click it, if not that's fine too lol.

One drop flavor (ODF)

Overall and Final Thoughts:

All of the flavors in this line are overly sweet, I would think that they either contain lots of fructose or even ethyl maltol. It would explain why some flavors fade and mute themselves after a short time, but that's just my speculation.

Just like other manufacturers some flavors will have to be aired out due to the chemical off notes and smell. Apparently these flavors don't contain alcohol, therefore I'm writing chemical as description because whatever is in some of them, is just plain old nasty.
Unfortunately the majority of these flavors are pretty mild and contain a lot of off notes, making it nearly sheer impossible to push them high enough, that they would be more noticeable.
These are advertised as 7-9%, but I think that should be the range in mixes. Single flavor is more like 10-15%.

The line pretty much works great when used as such, mixing them with other brands becomes very tricky. Most could only work under the candy category or lighter cocktails/beverages that don't rely on medium or heavy creams and custards or any darker/heavier fruits. I don't see them being bend too fit into bakery or any other category.

I tried enhancing already pre mixed juices with these flavors and sadly I'm not impressed. It takes around 2-5 drops per 10ml depending how rich and potent your juice is. Also it won't enhance juices that have only a small amount of that flavor in it. The one drop flavors try pushing the high notes of a existing potent profile and muting/balancing the rest of it.

Now if you are already at flavor cap, these are not going to do anything for you and in general you're running the risk of destroying the existing main profile of your juices and reducing its shelf life significantly.

Less is more in most cases but not here, the concept doesn't work at very low percentage in my opinion.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
@eStorm thanks for your work on these flavors. I have some of them and have been wondering what the heck to do with 'em. Now I know. Glad I didn't spend much. :(

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I've had good luck using some for a boost but they do fade very fast.
Oh I'm not saying you can't boost with them, I mean that is the idea behind it, but in my opinion its more like a drop.

Also keep in mind I tried boosting commercial juices with it, because they are mostly at 20% flavoring already, to see if somebody could make a strawberry more pronounced without actually having to join the diy side of vaping and its described as such.

That's what I based it on above, I'm sure boosting diy that is maybe only 5-15% flavoring, give or take would need less drops than with commercial. But its just not strong enough to cut through all that sweetener lol. And with them being overly sweet by itself, just adds to the problem.

But as usual its subjective, I were trying to help people with sharing my findings, doesn't mean everyone experiences it as such. Setups matter too, mtl or higher ohm vapers might get more/better potency and notes.

@nadalama you're welcome, I wouldn't feel bad for purchasing the line, its not horrible just need some tweaks here and there. Hope it helps your inspiration.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I can see why they wouldn't be much of a success with commercial juices but they are okay for a fading strawberry for example. Agree that they are too sweet which is probably what I'll use them for on occasion.

VU Sponsors