Become a Patron!

One Dark Side!

Hey Guys/Gals,

Newer vaper here, and I have built a few coils with successes, (and opportunities...) A problem I have been having on a dual coil is that one of my coils gets really dark (gun-metal color) while the other stays pretty silvery. As far as i can tell, they are both the same diameter, same leg length, number of rounds, even height and distance from +/- posts... any thoughts?

Sigelei 100w
Airek RDA (3 posts)
26g twisted kanthal 9-wound Micro Coils

Attachments

• One Dark Side.jpg
    One Dark Side.jpg
    571.4 KB · Views: 18

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Clean coils, with screws snug and no wick... are they firing at the same time, or is the darker one lagging behind? If so... the resistance, and/or wicking rate of capillary action (if the coils have been used) is your issue.
It may not be the coils themselves, but the RDA terminals... especially if the negative posts are not machined-in-base. If you have a DMM, you can check them for continuity.

when I first built my settup, the coils fired evenly from the center, I'll try re-wicking to see if that's still the case. the RDA terminals on this thing are a little wonky... there's a little space beside the screws for the wires to move to the side. I really tried hard to make sure things were even (and not crossing). Also it should be mentioned that I have no idea what a DMM is...

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
DMM Digital Multi-Meter AKA Volt Ohm Meter

saint_518

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
are you sure its not from the lean of your mod when you vape. you you vape vape you tilt your mod and alot of the condensation and juice splatter hits the inside wall of your rda and funs down to the coil that is on bottom. it will gunk that coil up faster then the one on top. had that problem with my magma on my ipv2. the way i tilted it when i would vape sent all the burnt juice that hit the inside top cap to the lower coil and made it look darker and gunked up then the other. just something to look at.

VU Sponsors