Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I bought AR's for everyone
After shooting an M-16 in the USAF, I have never ever had any desire to own anything that is even remotely like that. I am a lever-action and bolt-action sniper type and spraying a bunch of bullets doesn't turn me on when I can kill the bad guy with one well-placed shot.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
After shooting an M-16 in the USAF, I have never ever had any desire to own anything that is even remotely like that. I am a lever-action and bolt-action sniper type and spraying a bunch of bullets doesn't turn me on when I can kill the bad guy with one well-placed shot.
I like lever action too, but I buy them just so I know I'll have um, fuck um all.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I like lever action too, but I buy them just so I know I'll have um, fuck um all.
Once upon a time, when I had a good salary, I had lots of guns, many of which seldom got used, but they were there for "just in case." Today, now that I can't afford a sling shot, I also see the guns as "how many can I carry if I have to bug out?" so why have more than that?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It has a flat trajectory almost out to infinity ( :D ) but the bullet is so small and fast that it goes right through things so they don't know they are dead for a couple miles when they bleed to death. That is, no stopping power, unlike my .45-70 that gives such a shock that an elk will fall right on the spot where you hit him.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, me too. You have been talking to someone who has been asleep for the last hour. Hope my robot fingers were not too unintelligible. :)
Nitey night.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Fitoterapia USA Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Mero Macho Artificial Passion Fruit Flavored Vitamin C Liquid Supplement Due to Presence of Active Ingredient Tadalafil

Fitoterapia USA Inc., is voluntarily recalling 19,000 bottles of MACHO ARTIFICIAL PASSION FRUIT FLAVORED VITAMIN C LIQUID SUPPLEMENT, liquid dietary supplement to the consumer level. FDA analysis has found the product to be tainted with Tadalafil. Tadalafil is an active ingredient in a FDA- approved prescription drug that is used for the treatment of dick dysfunction. (had to fix it for you)...:)

So, do you find it hard to take Vitamin C, or does taking Vitamin C make you hard? :confused:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What's happening Rich...?

Man I had a long one today, after work had to bid six jobs. Shit is happening here, never seen so much building going on in the last 30 yrs.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, mostly cloudy all day, but warm (83) and light breeze (maybe all of 10 mph), so I took out the garbage from all buildings and burned it, then sawed some pine limbs, part of which went on the fire (making a real bonfire) and part got moved to the firewood prep area (ouch! hurt back and shoulder dragging that stuff around). Then out of nowhere, a huge black cloud showed up, wind increased to 50 with gust up near 70 mph (one hell of a downrush?) so I went out to take down the flag, but it was stuck. Lannie could see I was having a problem and came out to help and, luckily, we managed to get it down before the wind broke the flagpole. Temperature dropped 10 degrees in only 5 minutes. Then I went back to the fire to put it out before this wind turned it into a prairie wildfire. About that time, the rain got here and helped put it out, then about chore time, the rain got real heavy (my jacket was soaked). Now I am sitting here covered in Ouchy Fixit Cream and thinking I should be in bed.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So with all the quotes and inspections you'll have to do, are you ever gonna get another vacation?
Prolly not until Christmas--New Year....it slows down for a week or two. Eli is flying here the end of the month, she has all the work done in EC for import-export, now she needs to begin here.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Will that be a state issue (Phoenix?) or is it federal? I imagine if you plan to drop-ship from EC all over the USA, the feds will want to control you...
It's federal...and she need to get the Organic certs and a few others, I'm not exactly sure what's going on in that dept, I have enough on my plate, this one's hers

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So even though you will be working seven days a week and she'll be shuffling federal paperwork up the ying yang, I do hope the two of you can find some time to sit on the veranda with your mint juleps (OK, vino) and stare into each other's eyes for a while.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So even though you will be working seven days a week and she'll be shuffling federal paperwork up the ying yang, I do hope the two of you can find some time to sit on the veranda with your mint juleps (OK, vino) and stare into each other's eyes for a while.
Or pat each other on the back......:teehee:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, amigo, my owies are screaming at me, so I'm gonna put this old butt to bed.

Oh. I see you just said the same thing. Catch ya tomorrow.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
8545d47742d988896517593058c3606b.jpg

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Decent day, about 79 and light wind, mostly blue skies.

When you are inspecting a hotel, do you have to check every single room? If so, sounds like a huge task.

Last edited:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No, representative number....it's 348 units....about 50.
Once upon a time I managed a Best Western - only 50 rooms, pool, weight room, hot tub, etc. - and I checked them all regularly to make sure everything was as it should be. That took a huge amount of my time and I am sure I did not do anything as complex as what you do.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The investors are just looking for major cost items, nothing cosmetic or such.....like the A/C is about at the end of it's expected life, the bathroom needs to be renovated, simple shit like that.....but it adds up quick in a huge joint like that.

And of course we have to inspect the roof and central heating & cooling for common areas, a huge Chiller and Boiler costs a couple hundred grand + installation.

I already know the roof is shot, that's about $500K right there.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I often wonder what an "inspection" of my house would show... you know, like all the electrical needs replacing, new roof, new siding, new windows, etc., etc. and the price tag for this comes to (pick a number)... $50,000, which is twice the assessed value of the building. If that were the case, should I burn it down and start from scratch?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I often wonder what an "inspection" of my house would show... you know, like all the electrical needs replacing, new roof, new siding, new windows, etc., etc. and the price tag for this comes to (pick a number)... $50,000, which is twice the assessed value of the building. If that were the case, should I burn it down and start from scratch?
Hhahahhaa

VU Sponsors