Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How you feeling Don?.....back to work yet?
Nope. Going to be a while yet. Developed a complication from the nerve blocker that was used to control post surgical pain. It ran out and catheter was removed 2 days after surgery but the numbness hasn't gone away and has slowly progressively gotten worse. Even causing issues with fully extending the arm and developed into full blown neuropathy. They are sending me to a neurologist. Other than that OT was going well and range of motion was getting better.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope. Going to be a while yet. Developed a complication from the nerve blocker that was used to control post surgical pain. It ran out and catheter was removed 2 days after surgery but the numbness hasn't gone away and has slowly progressively gotten worse. Even causing issues with fully extending the arm and developed into full blown neuropathy. They are sending me to a neurologist. Other than that OT was going well and range of motion was getting better.
Well that isn't good news, hope you heal properly asap

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Goes to show some of these new fangled surgeries are not all they're cracked up to be
Not to be too negative, Don, but I had a total knee replacement about 5 years back and they stretched a nerve bundle a bit too far. The week following that surgery, I noted that all the toes in my left foot were numb. They told me that would work itself out in a few months as the nerve bundle at the knee joint returned to its correct shape. Well, today, over half that foot is now numb to the point of being painful and they tell me there is nothing they can do about it. Shit happens. Fucking doctors!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not to be too negative, Don, but I had a total knee replacement about 5 years back and they stretched a nerve bundle a bit too far. The week following that surgery, I noted that all the toes in my left foot were numb. They told me that would work itself out in a few months as the nerve bundle at the knee joint returned to its correct shape. Well, today, over half that foot is now numb to the point of being painful and they tell me there is nothing they can do about it. Shit happens. Fucking doctors!
That's the gods honest Truth.....fucking doctors and their knowitall fairytale shit

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

That's what I'm afraid of. I deal with neuropathy every day from the diabetes, but this is in a different league from the foot neuropathy. Numb and painful at the same time.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ah, two old pharts, both way behind on their "to do" lists. How come we aren't neighbors? Then we could just go down to the club house at the local golf course and do all out bitchin' over a good drink.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Once upon a time (in a galaxy far far away), I was fairly decent with my K-mart clubs. :) And Lannie qualified for LPGA. I don't think either one of us has touched a golf club (except maybe to trip on the bags in the basement) for ... uh... 14 years?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lannie's golf bag says PING, but the clubs in it are Callaway and Taylor Made. I was serious that mine are K-mart... well, except for the diamond-face sand wedge that Lannie bought me. She taught me to Gawf and I taught her to shoot guns. :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lannie's golf bag says PING, but the clubs in it are Callaway and Taylor Made. I was serious that mine are K-mart... well, except for the diamond-face sand wedge that Lannie bought me. She taught me to Gawf and I taught her to shoot guns. :)
Good trade off.....I'll have to stick with the guns.....:vino:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not so sure the difference in clubs would help me any......I like sports, but this is one I can't seem to play worth mentioning. Now skeet shooting, or just reg target shooting, count me in....I can do that without any problems, unlike actually hitting the ball.....:sad:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
skeet shooting
I've only done that once. I went to the gun club on my USAF base and used one of their shotguns, paid for a box of shells, went out to the skeet range and watched some guys do it. Then they lined me up with the next group and I busted ever single clay pigeon. They asked me to join the club and I told them I didn't have the time available. The reality was that I was sure I'd never be able to do a perfect score again.

VU Sponsors