Old Pharts Club

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Kinda what i was thinking too I always have a bitch with the way medical is handled and all the lies they try to feed the sheeple, just chaps both cheeks of my ass. What have you got tonight?

I met the coolest naturopath ever Friday - nothing to bitch about

She runs a herb and natural medicine store, is 87 (looks 60ish) and her 92-year old husband (looks his age but doesn't act it) runs the till

AMAZING folks - a pharmacists came in while I was there - he was reading Forbidden Medicine, was only to the fourth chapter in the first of the series and was in there loading up - I wanted to weep tears of joy

And, I just took my mineral bath

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I met the coolest naturopath ever Friday - nothing to bitch about

She runs a herb and natural medicine store, is 87 (looks 60ish) and her 92-year old husband (looks his age but doesn't act it) runs the till

AMAZING folks - a pharmacists came in while I was there - he was reading Forbidden Medicine, was only to the fourth chapter in the first of the series and was in there loading up - I wanted to weep tears of joy

And, I just took my mineral bath
That's great to hear Lucy he is one of the very few out there and just might end up curing people instead of just treating the effects of diseases.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What have you got tonight?
I was gonna say "nothing," but I just remembered the Change of Seasons. See, I got Bob started again today and cleaned out all the pathways around here (ya know, all that blowing/drifting snow crap). It actually got up to 36 degrees today! When I got all done with that, I realized that, while winter is not entirely over yet, we are starting into the next season that follows Snow Season; it's called MUD SEASON ! Yeah, all my pathways had deep muddy tire tracks from the Bobcat's radical tractor treads. Now I have all these slippery slidey and deep muddy things to try to walk on. Oh well, it is now below freezing again (22) so those tracks will be like concrete by morning and no doubt it will snow again in a few days, so this was only a momentary frustration.

Sigh...

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
he is one of the very few out there and just might end up curing people instead of just treating the effects of diseases
Jimi, Lucy said it was a pharmacist. He will have the same problem as a doctor. He can use those herbs himself, but if he ever tells anyone to take them while he is on the job, he will lose his job. It is, therefore, extremely unlikely that he will cure anyone, sadly.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Jimi, Lucy said it was a pharmacist. He will have the same problem as a doctor. He can use those herbs himself, but if he ever tells anyone to take them while he is on the job, he will lose his job. It is, therefore, extremely unlikely that he will cure anyone, sadly.
Yeah I was in another world where things are done right I guess.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I was in another world where things are done right I guess.
Wouldn't it be really nice if the "professionals" (those who we are told have the knowledge and authority to dispense medical advice and drugs) would actually do some "alternative" studies and then tell the rest of us what works? I have books that tell me this, and some of them actually are not written by wackos, although some are just some assholes who want to sell a book and are prescribing that we all eat dirt. It is often hard to tell them apart - who is in it to help others and who is in it to screw everyone for a few extra bucks. Sadly, today, there are more charlatans than true wise men/women.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh but we have those doing studies all the time.
Everyone has an agenda...

As you say sell a book, promote their business, get kickbacks from other businesses, etc.

We are a capitalist society.
And that is one of the results.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ahh but we have those doing studies all the time.
Everyone has an agenda...
As you say sell a book, promote their business, get kickbacks from other businesses, etc.
I was one of the idiots, I guess. I worked my ass off to research and write all that Path to Health stuff with no intent to ever make a penny. I sincerely wanted to help people. And a few actually told me I saved their lives. But so many more quit reading it because what I promoted required them to actually do something to save their own lives instead of just eating whatever junk food the TV commercials sold them. Seems we also have an incredibly lazy society - they want a cure without having to do anything, which is why doctors get rich - go to the doc, get a prescription, then believe you have a miracle pill. It will kill you eventually, but you don't seem to care because you don't have to do anything yourself and you can keep eating the crap that is ruining your health.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was one of the idiots, I guess. I worked my ass off to research and write all that Path to Health stuff with no intent to ever make a penny. I sincerely wanted to help people. And a few actually told me I saved their lives. But so many more quit reading it because what I promoted required them to actually do something to save their own lives instead of just eating whatever junk food the TV commercials sold them. Seems we also have an incredibly lazy society - they want a cure without having to do anything, which is why doctors get rich - go to the doc, get a prescription, then believe you have a miracle pill. It will kill you eventually, but you don't seem to care because you don't have to do anything yourself and you can keep eating the crap that is ruining your health.
yes we are an incredibly lazy society.
Complications from obesity is now running a close second to smoking as the leading preventable cause of death in the USA.
Being fat is becoming popular among the young here in KY.
Eat those Twinkies and play your computer game all day.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sad, huh?

Well, folks, I gotta hit the sack. Tomorrow is Teddy's visit to the Vet and I need to get up early in order to get him there in time to have his little balls whacked off and recover in time to come home with me (160 miles round trip).

Talk at y'all tomorrow.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wouldn't it be really nice if the "professionals" (those who we are told have the knowledge and authority to dispense medical advice and drugs) would actually do some "alternative" studies and then tell the rest of us what works? I have books that tell me this, and some of them actually are not written by wackos, although some are just some assholes who want to sell a book and are prescribing that we all eat dirt. It is often hard to tell them apart - who is in it to help others and who is in it to screw everyone for a few extra bucks. Sadly, today, there are more charlatans than true wise men/women.

Yes how true that is, it would save a lot of suffering. Yeah i have seen a few that were just out to make a fast fortune on people that panic and don't research for the truth. All the info I get i research pretty well and don't think I have eaten any dirt lately. Very true there also my friend.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes how true that is, it would save a lot of suffering. Yeah i have seen a few that were just out to make a fast fortune on people that panic and don't research for the truth. All the info I get i research pretty well and don't think I have eaten any dirt lately. Very true there also my friend.
Safe travels my friend.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Good morning, or just morning, as the case may be. Hubbs and I were on vacation all last week and today it's time to go back to work; however, we are supposed to have snow most of the day and I will be working right here in my reclining chair. Technology is wonderful, sometimes.

Hope you all have a pleasant and/or productive day ahead. if not, have extra coffee and nicotine. Don't forget to take yer meds. :eek: :D

Thanks for the welcomes last night.

Jane

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oooh, another early-bird! I hardly ever post here because mostly it's people up late at night, and I'm asleep by then! Woohoooo! I have to get up with my critters, so I'm always up before the sun. I would have showed up sooner this morning, but I didn't know you were here. Maybe if you're on tomorrow morning, I can get here earlier and have time to chat, eh?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oooh, another early-bird! I hardly ever post here because mostly it's people up late at night, and I'm asleep by then! Woohoooo! I have to get up with my critters, so I'm always up before the sun. I would have showed up sooner this morning, but I didn't know you were here. Maybe if you're on tomorrow morning, I can get here earlier and have time to chat, eh?
HI Lannie!

Several inches of heavy wet snow here. Stuck to everything.
No leaves on trees but cannot see thru the woods for the snow stuck on all the little branches.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Hi Lannie! Yes, I'm usually early to bed and early to rise, sometimes with an hour or so wide awake in the middle of the night. Normal schedule, I work at home on Monday and Wednesday, so have more time those mornings. Tuesday, Thursday, Friday mornings I have to be on the road to the office by 6:30. I should have some chat time on Mondays and Wednesdays, if you're around then.

Cromwell, I can see that it's snowing outside here, but it's warm in here and I haven't wanted to open the door to see exactly what conditions are. After my son told me he'd run into ice on the road going home, I tried to talk my husband into packing it in at his work and heading home too, but he's apparently comfortable where he is for now. I hope he doesn't end up needing a tow truck before the day is out.

Well, break's over. Back to work for me. :(

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Looks like we have about 4 inches of the white stuff on the ground now. I sure hope it isn't sticking to the roads. :gaah:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was outside for 1.5 hours yesterday messing with my old 1972 F100 pickup to get it going again again as a backup...
The neighbor must have seen or heard me and here he came...

Checked stalking law.
but it leaves me out as it specifically says reasonable person...

The course of conduct would cause a reasonable person to suffer substantial mental distress. ... Kentucky law defines stalking as an intentional course of conduct that serves legitimate purpose directed at a person which would cause a reasonable person substantial mental distress.

Making me not want to build back a workshop. He told me to hurry and build a workshop so he would have a place to hang out becuase he was bored..
Tempted to use a board on him...
Told me yesterday I needed to hurry up and clean up the mess from the old shop remains...

I see no option besides going ballistic on him and cussing him till a fly will not light on him.
Damn the consequences of him being related to the wife unit and her church buddies....

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Seems we also have an incredibly lazy society - they want a cure without having to do anything, which is why doctors get rich - go to the doc, get a prescription, then believe you have a miracle pill. It will kill you eventually, but you don't seem to care because you don't have to do anything yourself and you can keep eating the crap that is ruining your health.

This is PRECISELY what killed my mother. She was diabetic... but because a) she went to the doc, and b) he gave her meds to take, she thought that meant that a) she could eat whatever she wanted, and b) she never needed to check her blood sugar. So she died at the age of 75 because it's impossible to have a life-supporting blood pressure when all your blood vessels have crystallized from the high sugar level in your blood. And your immune system doesn't work in that condition, either.

And she called me a hypochondriac because I studied up on how to live and eat to support good health -- my A1C at my last bloodwork in Feb was 5.1, despite my age (almost 57) and my heredity (gobs of diabetics!).

Andria

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Was outside for 1.5 hours yesterday messing with my old 1972 F100 pickup to get it going again again as a backup...
The neighbor must have seen or heard me and here he came...

Checked stalking law.
but it leaves me out as it specifically says reasonable person...

The course of conduct would cause a reasonable person to suffer substantial mental distress. ... Kentucky law defines stalking as an intentional course of conduct that serves legitimate purpose directed at a person which would cause a reasonable person substantial mental distress.

Making me not want to build back a workshop. He told me to hurry and build a workshop so he would have a place to hang out becuase he was bored..
Tempted to use a board on him...
Told me yesterday I needed to hurry up and clean up the mess from the old shop remains...

I see no option besides going ballistic on him and cussing him till a fly will not light on him.
Damn the consequences of him being related to the wife unit and her church buddies....

The unfortunate consequences of using a board on him are that you'd end up spending time with folks who are much more bothersome, and for a much longer period of time. They'd try to feed you week-old bread and bologna that's breathing down the neck of its expiry date, make you sleep on a hard bed with all the lights on, and furthermore, they wouldn't let you tinker on your truck. It sucks, but there it is. But you probly could get away with cussing him, if you don't mind eating burnt food and sleeping on the couch for a year.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The unfortunate consequences of using a board on him are that you'd end up spending time with folks who are much more bothersome, and for a much longer period of time. They'd try to feed you week-old bread and bologna that's breathing down the neck of its expiry date, make you sleep on a hard bed with all the lights on, and furthermore, they wouldn't let you tinker on your truck. It sucks, but there it is. But you probly could get away with cussing him, if you don't mind eating burnt food and sleeping on the couch for a year.

yeah kinda what I figured.
so the cussing will commence.

He is one of those types that enjoys aggravating people.
Well he aggravated the wrong person too much.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
yeah kinda what I figured.
so the cussing will commence.

He is one of those types that enjoys aggravating people.
Well he aggravated the wrong person too much.

He'll learn. Or he won't. :goat:

VU Sponsors