Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rich, sorry the pic of the daffys are late, Some are bloomed out now.
I even cut all the plastic from underneath the mower deck yesterday and fired it up.
Amazong started right up and did not even have to charge the battery.
Gas still good as I use StarTron in the gas.
Need to change the oil though. Put some synthetic in there. Have enough hours on it now that it is broken in.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rich, sorry the pic of the daffys are late, Some are bloomed out now
Tanx, Crom. Now if about six feet of snow would melt off here, maybe I could have a flower or two of my own (my Iris bed is under 6-8 feet). Weather guessers are suggesting we will get an additional foot of snow and high winds (read that as BLIZZARD) this Wednesday.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tanx, Crom. Now if about six feet of snow would melt off here, maybe I could have a flower or two of my own (my Iris bed is under 6-8 feet). Weather guessers are suggesting we will get an additional foot of snow and high winds (read that as BLIZZARD) this Wednesday.
Not comparing your shitty weather to ours....but it's raining here again and cold tonight.....blows my mind, just when you think it's over....and here we go again. My garden will be another couple weeks down the road to hell.

Prolly nicer weather in Alaska?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, after looking at my own forecast, instead of others....I'll hush up now. Will only be (partially) sufferin till Saturday.

upload_2019-3-11_22-39-11.png

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rich, you getting a blizzard (again)?
Today is relatively sunny and 33 degrees (above freezing? WOW!) . What is spitting all over you right now is the tail end of a huge system that's gonna bust out of Colorado and sweep across the plains tomorrow. By tomorrow afternoon/evening, we should be in blizzard conditions. Luckily, only the top edge will hit us (maybe a foot of snow), but Nebraska and southern South Dakota likely will see 2 feet and 60 mph.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today is relatively sunny and 33 degrees (above freezing? WOW!) . What is spitting all over you right now is the tail end of a huge system that's gonna bust out of Colorado and sweep across the plains tomorrow. By tomorrow afternoon/evening, we should be in blizzard conditions. Luckily, only the top edge will hit us (maybe a foot of snow), but Nebraska and southern South Dakota likely will see 2 feet and 60 mph.
Don't count your chickens before they hatch....:teehee:

I can hear it now......damn, we got another 2-ft of snow and it's -10, with a windchill of -40.....:xD:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doing ok, was studying some python programming online.

Today I saved around $400 per month. Was on Obamacare. And it had nearly doubled in cost with the changes brought about by the latest administration.
I am on Medicare next month and my total with Medicare A, B, G and D (the G and D are private supplement) is about $275/mo with a maximum deductable of $185. My old ins was around $400 higher with a $5,000 deductible and more depending.
heck an MRI under my old plan was going to cost me over $2,000 out of pocket...

I also installed an over the sink light in my kitchen. Required crawling around in attic and running wires, cutting hole in ceiling and such...
Nice LED light and wife unit is very happy.
Did 2 loads of laundry too.

All in all a good day.

How are you doing?

Edit: I forgot I added another 20 amp GFCI receptacle in the kitchen so I can run the air fryer and microwave at the same time :) Ran wires for that as well.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Doing ok, was studying some python programming online.

Today I saved around $400 per month. Was on Obamacare. And it had nearly doubled in cost with the changes brought about by the latest administration.
I am on Medicare next month and my total with Medicare A, B, G and D (the G and D are private supplement) is about $275/mo with a maximum deductable of $185. My old ins was around $400 higher with a $5,000 deductible and more depending.
heck an MRI under my old plan was going to cost me over $2,000 out of pocket...

I also installed an over the sink light in my kitchen. Required crawling around in attic and running wires, cutting hole in ceiling and such...
Nice LED light and wife unit is very happy.
Did 2 loads of laundry too.

All in all a good day.

How are you doing?

Edit: I forgot I added another 20 amp GFCI receptacle in the kitchen so I can run the air fryer and microwave at the same time :) Ran wires for that as well.
By all means stay healthy till that kicks in
I get medicare A, B and D and get a supplement G for another 135.00 and pay that 183.00 deductible

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
By all means stay healthy till that kicks in
I get medicare A, B and D and get a supplement G for another 135.00 and pay that 183.00 deductible
My D is only $21/mo. Has a sizeable deductable on the high tier drugs but the ones I use are no copay if I get 3 month by mail.
Have a physical Monday so will get DR to set that up.
And yeah it was 183 not 185.

My G supplement is $122.20/mo.
My Medicare A&B is 135/mo I think.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My D is only $21/mo. Has a sizeable deductable on the high tier drugs but the ones I use are no copay if I get 3 month by mail.
Have a physical Monday so will get DR to set that up.
And yeah it was 183 not 185.

My G supplement is $122.20/mo.
My Medicare A&B is 135/mo I think.
That's about what my G was when i first got on it,
Still far better than you had sound like

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My insurance went from $250 a month to $1,240 per month after Odumbass's insurance began, then I just said fuck it, if anything comes up....I'll fix anything myself anyway, so fuck the insurance, and fuck the (so-called) doctors too.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Believe it or not, the thermometer claims we got all the way up to 43 today and with that clear blue sky and lots and lots of sunshine, areas that got scooped off a couple days ago melted and I discovered that there actually is some dirt under all this white shit. The problem now is that the weather fornicators who had said we might have snow only Wednesday evening have changed their minds again and are calling for a full-scale blizzard from Wednesday morning through Thursday evening with two feet of snow and 60 mph winds.I wonder how much livestock will get killed by that this time around. We'll be shutting all of ours in the barns and pray we don't lose electricity (or maybe even WE will freeze to death). Cross your fingers.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Believe it or not, the thermometer claims we got all the way up to 43 today and with that clear blue sky and lots and lots of sunshine, areas that got scooped off a couple days ago melted and I discovered that there actually is some dirt under all this white shit. The problem now is that the weather fornicators who had said we might have snow only Wednesday evening have changed their minds again and are calling for a full-scale blizzard from Wednesday morning through Thursday evening with two feet of snow and 60 mph winds.I wonder how much livestock will get killed by that this time around. We'll be shutting all of ours in the barns and pray we don't lose electricity (or maybe even WE will freeze to death). Cross your fingers.
Damn, I was only kidding when I said the same thing earlier today. Hopefully it still stays toward the south of you.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn, I was only kidding when I said the same thing earlier today. Hopefully it still stays toward the south of you.
I guess the weather fucker-uppers decided it will go more northerly than they thought yesterday. I am trying to use The Force and hold it off with a mental shield (sometimes it does work, believe it or not) and make the worst of it slide by us to the south. I don't mind a snow shower, but this blizzard shit is just too much. Both Lannie and I (and most of the animals) are on the edge of going crazy with this insane weather. It is damn well time for SPRING now (right fucking now!!!).

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You won't hear me complaining about 115F degree weather this summer. I'd rather have that (365) then freezing my ass off with rain every other day. Anything below 65 counts as freezing my ass off.

I know, I know, that ain't jackshit (65F), but when you're accustomed to warm weather and low humidity, it actually feels cold. Hell, it was probably close to 70 today, but I had the heat on anyway, trying to cook off the humidity.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would. That would toast my gonads. (and you sound a bit like Eli) ;) That 43 we had today allowed me to be outside without a coat -- until the wind picked up, then I put on a light jacket.
When you mentioned 43 earlier, I had a mental picture of you strolling around in a T-shirt......:teehee:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Never have liked any shirt I have to pull on over my head, so I don't do T-shirts or sweaters, etc. But Lannie WAS out in her T-shirt today.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Never have liked any shirt I have to pull on over my head, so I don't do T-shirts or sweaters, etc. But Lannie WAS out in her T-shirt today.
Good for her. She could use that break from the cold, even for a measly day. But this shit has to becoming to an end. Good lord, it's the middle of March already...!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well it's that time.....have to do what I was supposed to do today....tomorrow, and tomorrow's work as well......:cry:

Have a good one all.

Hope the storm stays south, Rich.

VU Sponsors