Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After morning chores, that short-term temporary fog from yesterday morning (yeah, the stuff that lasted about 30 hours) actually started to burn off, and lo and behold, there was some actual sunshine hiding behind it, so I decided a frost picture was required.

This is the rose bush next to the house door, shop to the left, horse barn and chicken coop behind that Elm tree in the background. Note the lack of snow (all the big piles of snow that Bob pushed up are outside the scope of this picture) but the white on the gravel and grass is frost/ice.
View attachment 129014

This one is in the back yard. Row of pine trees to the right and Caragana on the left. All the trees on this property are planted row and column, which makes it fairly easy to mow.
View attachment 129015

Next snow storm expected in five days... the day I am supposed to drive 150 miles to have 7-8 feral cats spayed. Sigh...

What's that white stuff? Never seen white grass before.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those are LONG days.....every once in awhile I'll do the same, then regret it.

True but it's good money. And well If I don't work then kids don't eat. Sunday was setting up a conference and today was loading in Book of Morman Broadway show.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gonna have to order more Cap Vanilla Custard V1.
Wife discovered that she likes to add it to her candles....

someone gave her an expensive vanilla scented candle.
She said it smells just like my vape.
She got a cheaper vanilla candle and not much scent so she had me add some VC V1 to the melted puddle...
A different branch of the rabbit hole?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, you leave us at oh-dark-thirty tomorrow morning, right? And we won't hear from you again for -- what? -- two weeks?
I should have regular internet access this time.

How was your day, Rich?.....

Was pretty shitty here, not really cold, but humid damp chilly after a pretty good downpour.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I should have regular internet access this time.
How was your day, Rich?.....
Was pretty shitty here, not really cold, but humid damp chilly after a pretty good downpour.
Well, we got all the way up to 36 for about 5 minutes, then back down to 29ish. Supposed to go down to 16 tonight. Friday is snow, high of about 9 and low -6 or something stupid like that. Then sunny for Saturday and Sunday, then more snow on Monday. I have to take 15 cats to the vet 75 miles from here on two different days. Guess which days those are. Yeah, the two snow days out of a week with no precip in the forecast. And I simply cannot drive that far if it is snowing, but if I cancel, it will be another month before I can get them in.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mid January to mid February is usually the coldest weather here.
But only a month....think of all the folks who get 7-8 months of shitty weather.....how they put up with it is beyond me.

My brother lives in upstate NY, he's called in the past to send a picture of a blue sky, hell...they may go weeks on end without sun.....how he can live there is beyond me. Married to a gal from the area who loves it....guess he'll be stuck there a few more decades.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Guess which days those are. Yeah, the two snow days out of a week with no precip in the forecast. And I simply cannot drive that far if it is snowing, but if I cancel, it will be another month before I can get them in.
Yep, just your luck, if they called for 100% chance of heavy snow you would have been all set.....!

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Prinston Pharmaceutical Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Irbesartan and Irbesartan HCTZ Tablets Due to Detection of a Trace Amount of Unexpected Impurity, N-Nitrosodiethylamine (NDEA) in the Products

Prinston Pharmaceutical Inc., dba Solco Healthcare LLC., has initiated a voluntary recall of one (1) lot of Irbesartan and seven (7) lots of Irbesartan HCTZ Tablets to the consumer level due to the detection of trace amount of an unexpected impurity found in an active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) manufactured by Zhejiang Huahai Pharmaceuticals.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We Muricans get more distraught over tainted dog food than human medicines from China.
Yeah, we do. But the dog food (several years back) killed hundreds of dogs. I don't know if the poison the Chinese put in this people pill is actually killing anyone or just making them sick(er). In both cases, however, I do wish people would wake up and stop buying/using Chinese shit.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, we do. But the dog food (several years back) killed hundreds of dogs. I don't know if the poison the Chinese put in this people pill is actually killing anyone or just making them sick(er). In both cases, however, I do wish people would wake up and stop buying/using Chinese shit.
Ahh but the Heparin tainting killed several humans.

The raw material for the recalled heparin batches was processed in China from pig's intestines by the American pharmaceutical firm Scientific Protein Laboratories.[3][4][5] The U.S. Food and Drug Administration was quoted as stating that at least 81 deaths were believed to be linked to a raw heparin ingredient imported from the People's Republic of China, and that they had also received 785 reports of serious injuries associated with the drug’s use.[6] According to The New York Times, "problems with heparin reported to the agency include difficulty breathing, nausea, vomiting, excessive sweating and rapidly falling blood pressure that in some cases led to life-threatening shock.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Chinese_heparin_adulteration

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Like the USA, Chinese drugs are sanctioned by their government, so they tend to do what best benefits their partners. For example, our government will never shut down the tobacco industry, even though it uses "Known" carcinogens as additives because this benefits the medical industry and the drug industry and allows health insurers to overcharge, etc., but they will never defend the vaping industry because, other than a couple idiots putting open batteries in their pocket with their car keys, there is no harm that they can benefit from. If the Chinese government wants to poison you, their vape industry will lose the battle.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh yeah... I musta missed that one. But the bottom line is still valid:" don't use no fuckin' Chinese drugs. I think they are deliberately trying to kill us,
Eighty percent of active ingredients in America’s pharmaceutical and OTC drugs — you know, the stuff that actually makes your medicine work — come from China and India.
http://www.americanmanufacturing.or...worlds-pharmacy-and-that-comes-with-great-ris

But it is illegal to buy drugs from Canada as they are not safe?
The truth of that is that it would cut into US pharma profits.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Naaa If they killed us then the Chinese vaping business would go out of business.
Not really China is beginning to crack down on smoking and has nearly as many smokers as the entire US population.
Vaping is growing fast in China.
Banning indoor smoking and such is taking off over there.
And the US discourages vaping unlike some other countries in the workd with higer percentages of their populations vaping than in the USA.

VU Sponsors