Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, did you guys see that movie Doc Hollywood? Michael J. Fox, wasn't it? Anyway, that deep south town he ended up in for most of the movie... I forgot the name of it... anyway, everyone was friendly, no one carried electronics around with them, even the mayor dressed up for the squash festival parade... I want to live there. Do you suppose there might be a real place like that somewhere in the world?
Not to my knowledge, if there is such a place, I'd be there too.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll let you Google it...I don't want to aggravate myself anymore this evening......:)
Google? They are so corrupt, if they even thought "heaven on Earth" existed, they'd contract George Soros to destroy it. They certainly don't want anyone to leave the internet and get happy.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I gotta go to bed too and see if I can dream up my little place in heaven instead of Hell's Half Acre.

Looks like you get the lights, Jimi.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know what has really fucked computers today is the manufacturer's belief that they know more about what you want to do than you do, so they set all this auto-functionality shit to do things I do not want done. Automobiles are doing this too and it really pisses me off. And people are getting major stupid with Alexis listening to every word they say in their homes and refrigerators that order things from the grocery store without asking you. Damn fucking Facebook and Google and Xbox! Read a book for Christ sake. Get off your lazy ass and go outside to play. And.. and.. and I want to go back to 1960!

Pulled out a real book to read the other dya and found that I had been digitized....

Was tapping the page and it did not turn to the next page and if I held the book upside down the writing did not flip to rightside up....

On the plus side the book had been on the shelf for 10 years and did not need recharging :)

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi ya old pharts! Hubs is still using xp with my antivirus software. However, this is the last year of xp support that comes with this antivirus. I'll probably have to buy a new computer(maybe). I am still using my windows 7 laptop from 2012. Hubs had to replace the keyboard thus far.

I looked at black Friday sales and I'm not impressed yet.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
46317753_10156680807296236_5887204418150989824_n.jpg

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone know if INRbatteries.com is legit? They are having a black Friday sale on Samsungs 25r that I use for my MTL use.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone know if INRbatteries.com is legit? They are having a black Friday sale on Samsungs 25r that I use for my MTL use.
Mooch lists IMRbatteries. INR I have no idea....
I have just always used illumn.com
Not saying they are the best but always good stuff decent prices and fast delivery for me.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
25R's are $4.99 at illumn.com right now.

30Q are $4.80 and a much better choice for 30W and under vaping.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's us, the two old phart Muppets. But, being picky and cantankerous might save you money. Suppose you did not accidentally hit the wrong letter but we assumed you did and told you to go for it, so you ordered from a fly-by-night rip-off website... We wouldn't want that to happen to you, dear one. :)

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wunnerfull wunnerfull... well... the thermometer momentarily made it up to 41 ºF, but right at the moment (9 PM), it is 15 ºF with a north wind at 40 mph (therefore wind chill is -8 ºF)... oh, AND it is snowing.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wunnerfull wunnerfull... well... the thermometer momentarily made it up to 41 ºF, but right at the moment (9 PM), it is 15 ºF with a north wind at 40 mph (therefore wind chill is -8 ºF)... oh, AND it is snowing.
JChrist....that isn't good, nor a beautiful day......:headbang:

Hate to say it, but it was about 75 and sunny today.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not today but gonna tomorrow rain then ice then snow, I am staying home
We're giving that weather a test run for ya, Jimi, then we'll be sending it on down the road for you to try out.

Did either of you figure out where "Grady" (that town from Doc Hollywood) is so we can move there?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We're giving that weather a test run for ya, Jimi, then we'll be sending it on down the road for you to try out.

Did either of you figure out where "Grady" (that town from Doc Hollywood) is so we can move there?
Oh gee thank, I think Grady is in Alabama

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll pass. Don't want crocagators (alladiles?) in my back yard. Just discovered that I cannot move to almost any of the southern (east of MissyPissy) states because of something called Bobcat fever. Some illness bobcats get, then a tick bites them (and gets some of their blood), then the tick bites your cat and within a week, your cat is dead and there is no treatment for this. From the middle of Missouri south and east to the Atlantic is a danger zone for cat owners.

Friends in Arkansas have been trying to get us to move there, but they have lost all their cats to this. Also affects east Texas.

VU Sponsors