Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That odd, were you using an old version of Word?
Word 2010 (Microsoft Office version), but all previous upgrades were fine. This one made those programs all inaccessible. All I had to do was go back to a known date when they still worked fine and do a system restore, then block Windoze from doing any future upgrades.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Word 2010 (Microsoft Office version), but all previous upgrades were fine. This one made those programs all inaccessible. All I had to do was go back to a known date when they still worked fine and do a system restore, then block Windoze from doing any future upgrades.
Your lucky the fucking thing didn't download win-10....what a piece of shit, absolute junk. I wish the OLD win versions were available.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Your lucky the fucking thing didn't download win-10....what a piece of shit, absolute junk. I wish the OLD win versions were available.
I have one running 10 and an old one running XP. I far prefer XP, but it is totally unsupported now and the computer itself is on its last legs. You can still get computers with the old OS's (or have Best Buy Geek Squad install them in the newer hardware), but there would be absolutely no guarantees and the routine maintenance might be pretty costly. If I really had my way, the MS OS I liked best was Win98SE, or simply go to an antique MacIntosh.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not much had a splitting head ache for 2 days now, but did get drive shoveled and juiced 5 pounds of carrots
I gotta buy a juicer....all I use is the Bullet blender......I don't like wasting the pulp, but your correct, the nutrients are in the juice, not the pulp.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have one running 10 and an old one running XP. I far prefer XP, but it is totally unsupported now and the computer itself is on its last legs. You can still get computers with the old OS's (or have Best Buy Geek Squad install them in the newer hardware), but there would be absolutely no guarantees and the routine maintenance might be pretty costly. If I really had my way, the MS OS I liked best was Win98SE, or simply go to an antique MacIntosh.
XP was my favorite version by FAR, I'd take that over anything available in today's market.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
XP was my favorite version by FAR, I'd take that over anything available in today's market.
You know what has really fucked computers today is the manufacturer's belief that they know more about what you want to do than you do, so they set all this auto-functionality shit to do things I do not want done. Automobiles are doing this too and it really pisses me off. And people are getting major stupid with Alexis listening to every word they say in their homes and refrigerators that order things from the grocery store without asking you. Damn fucking Facebook and Google and Xbox! Read a book for Christ sake. Get off your lazy ass and go outside to play. And.. and.. and I want to go back to 1960!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You know what has really fucked computers today is the manufacturer's belief that they know more about what you want to do than you do, so they set all this auto-functionality shit to do things I do not want done. Automobiles are doing this too and it really pisses me off. And people are getting major stupid with Alexis listening to every word they say in their homes and refrigerators that order things from the grocery store without asking you. Damn fucking Facebook and Google and Xbox! Read a book for Christ sake. Get off your lazy ass and go outside to play. And.. and.. and I want to go back to 1960!
I hear that....I get so fucking mad I have to take a walk every once in a while.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh shit Rich take me with you, much cleaner and happier times

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It'll be a cold day in hell when you see that alexa shit in my house.....even my new truck pisses me off. The fucking thing doesn't have 1000 miles on it, already had a recall for a computer update....unfucking believable. Fuck all this computer shit.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It'll be a cold day in hell when you see that alexa shit in my house.....even my new truck pisses me off. The fucking thing doesn't have 1000 miles on it, already had a recall for a computer update....unfucking believable. Fuck all this computer shit.
Thank you my friend, my feelings exactly

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes I turn the television on and walk away....then I'll walk back into the living room and see a message on the screen...."Are you still watching this program?"....If I wanted the fucking thing turned off, I'll turn it off....Jesus Christ that pisses me off....!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes I turn the television on and walk away....then I'll walk back into the living room and see a message on the screen...."Are you still watching this program?"....If I wanted the fucking thing turned off, I'll turn it off....Jesus Christ that pisses me off....!
That's just Bull Shit

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Me too, the world was a better place without it
You know, I still own a drawing table and hundreds of colored pens and pencils and what is it that the world wants today? Computerized art. Computerized animation. Computerized movie special effects. I think there are only a couple of us left on the planet who still have an imagination.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You know, I still own a drawing table and hundreds of colored pens and pencils and what is it that the world wants today? Computerized art. Computerized animation. Computerized movie special effects. I think there are only a couple of us left on the planet who still have an imagination.
How very true that is Rich, it's a sad time for humanity

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If your TV is connected to the internet, I have bad news for you: it IS watching you and listening to you and recording every damn things you say or do.
It's not connected to the internet. It must have a timer or something, if the channel or volume isn't touched in a few hours I get that goddamn message on the screen.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's not connected to the internet. It must have a timer or something, if the channel or volume isn't touched in a few hours I get that goddamn message on the screen.
So much for recording TV programs. No doubt that message would appear. I bet they do this because people are notorious for channel surfing, and if you aren't doing that, maybe you are dead or something...

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
People think there is something wrong with me because I do not have a smart phone. We have a land line at home. We don't need more than that. If we threw away the Dish network shit, the TVs, the desktop computers (we do not have laptops or Ipads or any of that shit), would they commit us to the funny farm?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
People think there is something wrong with me because I do not have a smart phone. We have a land line at home. We don't need more than that. If we threw away the Dish network shit, the TVs, the desktop computers (we do not have laptops or Ipads or any of that shit), would they commit us to the funny farm?
You ever watch any of living in Alaska programs?

If I was 40 years younger, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You guys have me thinking, when I get to EC, I'm going to tell the GF I'm ripping the electrical panel off the side of the house.....see how that goes over, if she doesn't like it, she can go with the power.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey, did you guys see that movie Doc Hollywood? Michael J. Fox, wasn't it? Anyway, that deep south town he ended up in for most of the movie... I forgot the name of it... anyway, everyone was friendly, no one carried electronics around with them, even the mayor dressed up for the squash festival parade... I want to live there. Do you suppose there might be a real place like that somewhere in the world?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, did you guys see that movie Doc Hollywood? Michael J. Fox, wasn't it? Anyway, that deep south town he ended up in for most of the movie... I forgot the name of it... anyway, everyone was friendly, no one carried electronics around with them, even the mayor dressed up for the squash festival parade... I want to live there. Do you suppose there might be a real place like that somewhere in the world?
Dear Lord I hope so, I want live there too

VU Sponsors