Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We seem to have traded weather. :) Our forecast for today was 103 degrees and clear skies all day and all night. Clear? Well, it was until noon, then it clouded up (call it "mostly cloudy") and we only hit 93 degrees, but if you toss in the 61% humidity, the heat index then equals 109 degrees. I had to do some barn repairs (fix broken manager, fix cow stall gate, etc.) and there was so much sweat running in my eyes, I could barely see what I was doing. Coming back in the house didn't help any because it was 90 in here with the same humidity (= feels like 100).
Yup, that is brutal, Rich....I have the front and back door open now, feels like a refrigerator in here.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm northeast of the center pin, but it's just freaking pouring.

upload_2018-8-8_20-49-46.png

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We seem to have traded weather. :) Our forecast for today was 103 degrees and clear skies all day and all night. Clear? Well, it was until noon, then it clouded up (call it "mostly cloudy") and we only hit 93 degrees, but if you toss in the 61% humidity, the heat index then equals 109 degrees. I had to do some barn repairs (fix broken manager, fix cow stall gate, etc.) and there was so much sweat running in my eyes, I could barely see what I was doing. Coming back in the house didn't help any because it was 90 in here with the same humidity (= feels like 100).
Have you tried sitting around naked, with squirt guns, shooting each other?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, most of my stuff came in for DIY juice. Now, I just gotta wait on my syringes from Amazon. I got the flavoring, and a bottle of VG/PG with the nicotine level I use. It's a good start. I'll be able to mix 120ml bottles for about $4 a bottle. That'll get me going until until I can score better deals on supplies.
$4.00 to make 120mls?.....something isn't right....should cost about .40 cents.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sarah, if you buy 100 nic and mix it yourself, you'll save a shitload.....they rip you off selling premixed nic.
I plan on it. I also found a site here I can get a gallon of VG, and a gallon of PG for $35 + $26 for shipping. What I have now will give me time to get things in order so I can get what I need to save more money.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I plan on it. I also found a site here I can get a gallon of VG, and a gallon of PG for $35 + $26 for shipping. What I have now will give me time to get things in order so I can get what I need to save more money.
You can buy VG and PG at Tractor Supply, or Walmart....no shipping, cheap as hell.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Did you know you can also buy PG, by the gallon, at Tractor Supply? $20 something per gallon, no shipping, and even though they say it is for animal use, it is USP certified.

Damn. I see Dale just said that...

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They have VG at the Tractor Supply here, if they don't have it in your area, ask them to order you a case.
Tractor Supply here does not carry VG as a stock item and our local Wally World does not carry it at all, so I buy it by the 5-gallon bucket (online) at Bulk Apothecary. Shipping is not cheap, but if you divide it out by how much you pay per one gallon (even at a store), it came out real cheap.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well Rich....I hope the weather is in your favor tomorrow, don't want Lannie posting she took you to the hospital.

Seems like you can't get a couple weeks of just normal weather...it's either cold or hot as hell.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tractor Supply here does not carry VG as a stock item and our local Wally World does not carry it at all, so I buy it by the 5-gallon bucket (online) at Bulk Apothecary. Shipping is not cheap, but if you divide it out by how much you pay per one gallon (even at a store), it came out real cheap.
Nice thought. However, we don't have a large enough house to store a 5 gallon bucket of any vaping supply indoors. I don't think I'd want to put it in the shed.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice thought. However, we don't have a large enough house to store a 5 gallon bucket of any vaping supply indoors. I don't think I'd want to put it in the shed.
Have Phil knock a hole in a wall, make a shelf.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The 50# bucket (5 gallons) was, I think, $53. The one gallon (10#) was... ummmm... $13 or $14. Shipping depends on your location. Look them up online and you can get a better figure. They sell in quantities up to and including "tanker truck."

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well Rich....I hope the weather is in your favor tomorrow, don't want Lannie posting she took you to the hospital.

Seems like you can't get a couple weeks of just normal weather...it's either cold or hot as hell.
I think the forecast for this whole week is sunny and mid to high 90s. Looks like summer finally got here. Grass has stopped growing and my old mare is starting to look rather hungry. Sigh...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
He'd have me get rid of my clothes to make room. Like he tried when he wanted his tools in the bedroom.
Well you don't need clothes in a bedroom, although tools may come in handy, depending on what Phil's into.

Altho, I'd draw the line if he was thinking about rebuilding an engine on the bed.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, it is about time for this old phart to call it a day (OK, it's a day. Now what?) and put my tired old ass to bed.
Yak at ya tomorrow.

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had to do some barn repairs (fix broken manager, fix cow stall gate, etc.)

Wait, what? I'M the manager, was I broken? :teehee: Well, maybe I was, what with that nasty knot in my back muscle, and you DID fix that, so maybe it wasn't a misspelling after all. :p

According to the weather forecast THIS MORNING (which is subject to change at any moment), the next four days are supposed to be right around 100 degrees, with lows around 70, and of course, no wind to speak of. The wind in SD blows really bad only when it's cold and you don't want any wind. When it's 100 degrees or over, it's usually dead calm. Which could be a good thing today, because Rich's trash fire popped a hot spot and is currently sending up smoke signals this morning. :eek: By the time we get back down to the low- to mid-90s, we'll be thinking that's COOL. Oy.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep can get PG at tractor supply.
Only VG I have been able to find locally was pint bottles at a health food store. Not cheap.
No Wally world around here has VG.
I get essiential Depot PG/VG from Amazon.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wait, what? I'M the manager, was I broken? :teehee:
Honey, that one leaves you wide open to great potential comebacks, but I'll be good. It was late at night and my ancient fingers added an extra letter to "manger." What I can't figure out is how the cows broke 8 long wood screws to pull that board off by just scratching their cheeks on it. I had to take the remnants out with vice grips and put new screws in. Maybe I need to make them a special scratching post. They are also ripping off a lot of branches from the trees, so obviously they are itchy, but why that one smooth board on the manger? Oh well...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Evening phartz.....was one long HOT HUMID day....it must have rained a few inches last light. Sunny sky this morning was just brutal. Inspected a church today, I told the buyer he would be better off tearing it down, start over. More than 100K in immediate repairs needed. That was about all the excitement I endured today.....:popcorn:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My syringes came in today. 5 count of 60ml syringes.

Nice cool day, only got to 98°. They allege we'll get thunderstorms tomorrow with a high of 88°. I'll believe that when I see it.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My syringes came in today. 5 count of 60ml syringes.

Nice cool day, only got to 98°. They allege we'll get thunderstorms tomorrow with a high of 88°. I'll believe that when I see it.
Have you tried using a scale?

Real handy, no fussing with mg's and syringes....just fast jooce maikin pouring the flavors into the bottle by weight.

They're cheap too, think I paid 25 bucks on Amazon.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Personally, I think mixing by volume is much more intuitive. It's rather like the difference between using a digital watch (scale) versus an analog watch (volume). If the hands of the analog watch point to 3:30, you SEE that the volume is halfway between 3 and 4, but with the digital watch, all you can see is 3:30 with no FEELING; 1/4 more? 1/2 more? 3/4 more? If I am pouring things in a bottle, I can SEE when it is half full or 3/4 full and I don't have to drag out the scale to verify what my eyes already showed me. But to each his/her own...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Personally, I think mixing by volume is much more intuitive. It's rather like the difference between using a digital watch (scale) versus an analog watch (volume). If the hands of the analog watch point to 3:30, you SEE that the volume is halfway between 3 and 4, but with the digital watch, all you can see is 3:30 with no FEELING; 1/4 more? 1/2 more? 3/4 more? If I am pouring things in a bottle, I can SEE when it is half full or 3/4 full and I don't have to drag out the scale to verify what my eyes already showed me. But to each his/her own...
Yep, this confirms your VERY old.

VU Sponsors