1. VAPING UNDERGROUND VAPE BANDS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!
    CLICK HERE TO GET YOURS

Old Pharts Club

Discussion in 'Non-Vaping Related' started by The Cromwell, Feb 13, 2018.

1. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Got my new concrete mixer assembled today despite abysmal directions.
    I guess I need to get concrete now?

2. Lady Sarah

Lady Sarah Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Only if you want to use the mixer for what it is intended for.

choderfett likes this.
  3. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    LOL it has 2 big stickers on it saying not to use 2 part epoxy in it :)

JuicyLucy, choderfett and inspects like this.
  4. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    I have to get up in the middle of the night tonight!
    6:30 AM!

so early to bed for me.

5. Draconigena

Draconigena Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Last night, due to sauna-like heat in the house and severe thunderstorms that arrived here at 1:30 AM (OK, technically this morning), I didn't get to sleep until around 3 AM then up again at 7:30 AM. I am hoping for slightly earlier than that tonight, even though the forecast has more severe storms supposedly showing up here around midnight.

choderfett and inspects like this.
  6. Lady Sarah

Blog Posts:
    The weather guessers declared that the rain will stay north of Abilene, so no more rain for us. However, the humidity remains high. We got to 97° with 34%rh today.

7. Draconigena

Blog Posts:
    RH here at the moment is 62% and that is inside the house. That's the lowest it has been all week.

8. Lady Sarah

Blog Posts:
    It is still 85° outside and 74° inside with 44%rh for both. And, we have window AC units going. Otherwise, we would be miserably hot.

9. Draconigena

Blog Posts:
    I wonder why it is that your humidity is so low (compared to ours, of course), because whenever we get high humidity, it comes from the Gulf, which means it ran over the top of you to get to us. Obviously it did not come down to ground level until well after it passed you.

choderfett likes this.
  10. inspects

inspects Squonkamaniac Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    It was one HOT SOB here again today.

Evening pholkz......:wave:

JuicyLucy, choderfett and Draconigena like this.
  11. inspects

inspects Squonkamaniac Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Cloudy and HUMID, now it lightning with massive thunder, but NO rain....I assume the humidity is close to 80%...feels like Tampa in July-August.

12. inspects

Blog Posts:
    Inspected that catholic elementary school today, damn they have money....the best of everything in that building...and in surprisingly good condition. I was quite shocked, being about 12 yrs old, roofs usually go to hell quickly, but they have been maintaining it well, something I don't see often.....it's usually out of sight <-> out of mind with most people.

13. Draconigena

Blog Posts:
    Hi Dale. Sounds like we are all pretty muggy today.

14. inspects

Blog Posts:
    Yup, I have the A/C set at 75, it's not bad in here, just hate to step outside, for ANY reason.

Was about 100 today, no idea what the humidity was/is....but it's just nauseating.

15. Draconigena

Blog Posts:
    Soggy here too, so utter dan routine chores (i.e., tendin' to da critters' needs), I dint do nuthin' outside (I'm practicing to become a redneck). :D

16. inspects

Blog Posts:
    You get anything accomplished today, Rich?

I assume you didn't have much energy not sleeping last night.

17. Draconigena

Blog Posts:
    Hey gang, does anyone have a clue if Jimi got his computer fixed yet? I thought I saw him surfing through here the other day, but he never posted, so maybe he was on his smart phone.
    Right, as I was in total zombie mode.

18. inspects

Blog Posts:
    Must have been reading my mind, posted the answer prior to my post.

Oh, by the way, the scotchcake is delish...I added a lil caramel and a lil Caps V1 in a different bottle last night, they both taste good.

19. inspects

Blog Posts:
    With the concentrate info Lannie told me, there are all kinds of combinations of vaping goodness....BLISS I should say.....:teehee:

20. Lady Sarah

Blog Posts:
    Phillip is trying to insist I don't do DIY juice, telling me I can't do it unless I buy one of those gadgets vape shops use to dispense ingredients when they mix juice. He also thinks there is a difference between standard milligrams and medical milligrams.
    I think the stress at his job may be causing a disconnect between what you say and what he thinks. I know an oral syringe with markings on it should be accurate enough when I read up on how much of what to mix.

21. Draconigena

Blog Posts:
    We obviously have very similar tastes then. Any chances your GF in EC is a redhead? :rolleyes:
    She is a mixtress extraordinaire, so stay in touch via PM. Oh, and I think we now have permission to share a really hot custard recipe from across the pond.

22. inspects

Blog Posts:
    No readhead, Rich.....she's from EC...the only (real) color hair south of the republic of california is brown.....:vino:

23. inspects

Blog Posts:
    Indeed....it's what most used, until the scales were used widely, which I prefer, but certainly not necessary.

Think I paid like 12 bucks for a scale on Amazon....goes to .01...and UP.

JuicyLucy, choderfett and Lady Sarah like this.
  24. Draconigena

Blog Posts:
    Correctamundo. Get a small syringe for those recipes that might be 1% of some flavor and a larger syringe for your nic/vg/pg. As long as you can do simple math (and I know you can), that is all you need for mixing. For example, if you are trying to fill a 60 mL bottle and your recipe calls for 10% X and 5% Y, then very simply, that is 6 mL of X and 3 mL of Y. Given that almost all flavors use PG as the carrier, subtract that amount out from the total PG you want, such as: 50/50 VG/PG mix (if you so desire) would be flavors plus 30 mL PG minus the flavors (in this case,30-9= 21 mL PG) + 30 mL VG... oh, and the nic, depending on what you buy and from whom, might be VG or PG, so figure that in as well. You do not need any fancy equipment to do this. And if you are off by a mL or so, it really doesn't matter that much because how you make it depends entirely on YOUR taste, not some friggin' chemist somewhere. And if Phil still doesn't like the idea, you do it for you and let him keep paying for his pina colada until one day he wakes up and notices that you are making some good shit and he is the one missing out.

25. Draconigena

Blog Posts:
    Just curious because of our similar tastes, but even though her hair is brown, the vast number of changes she made to your house down there tells me she has a redheaded attitude. :D

choderfett, Lady Sarah and inspects like this.
  26. Lady Sarah

Blog Posts:
    He was looking at dispensers online. The cheapest he found is $188.00. I guess that means I won't be making his. But, I see no reason not to make my own. He is a stubborn one, and I'm not going to force him to vape anything I mix.

27. inspects

Blog Posts:
    ^^^^ what he said............................

28. inspects

Blog Posts:
    Now that could be very true. She's looking for a few Guinea's....haven't found any yet tho.

29. Lady Sarah

Blog Posts:
    I'm gonna have fun this coming spring, if I decide to build a chicken coop. First, it has to be snake resistant, but I can buy the wire mesh I need for that. Standard chicken wire won't be good enough. Then, buying chickens and feed. The price of eggs is not going down any time soon .

choderfett likes this.
  30. Draconigena

Blog Posts:
    Should have added this: Ages ago I dated a really sweet lady from Columbia whose hair was jet black (natural), so not everyone down there is brown. Got my Latino friend to teach me to say "comu tu estas, Leenda" (that's phonetic, not spelled properly) for when I called her.

31. inspects

Blog Posts:
    Black-brown, close enough, although mine has DARK brown....:rolleyes:....:)

32. inspects

Blog Posts:
    Get yourself a Mink....varmint probs solved....:wave:

JuicyLucy and choderfett like this.
  33. Lady Sarah

Blog Posts:
    Don't the vicious little bastards eat chickens and eggs?

34. inspects

Blog Posts:
    No, not after their trained....I watched a shitload of videos last night, had NO idea how smart they are....!

35. Lady Sarah

Blog Posts:
    Trying to train one ain't likely around here. Especially if it would get as spoiled as the dogs.

choderfett likes this.
  36. inspects

Blog Posts:
    Could happen....I like animals too, wouldn't want the lil Mink getting nailed by a rattler....although I'm not sure if their allergic to the venom....Prolly are, I assume.

37. inspects

Blog Posts:
    Ever watch the Honey Badgers eating Cobras?....Minks may have the same metabolism.

38. Lady Sarah

Blog Posts:
    Mongoose devlope some immunity to rattlesnake venom, but I don't think I'd want one as a pet. I don't get along with weasels.

choderfett likes this.
  39. inspects

Blog Posts:
    What animals are immune to rattlesnake venom?

The hedgehog (Erinaceidae), the mongoose (Herpestidae), the honey badger(Mellivora capensis), the secretary bird (Sagittarius serpentarius), and a few other birds that feed on snakes are known to be immune to a dose of snake venom.

40. Lady Sarah

Blog Posts:
    Ok. Time to be dragon my ass to bed. Good nite.

choderfett likes this.
  41. inspects

Blog Posts:
    Perhaps a Secretary Bird?......:teehee:

42. inspects

Blog Posts:
    Was @Jimi around when I was away?

43. Draconigena

Blog Posts:
    Up here, the two snakes to worry about with regard to chickens are rattlers and bull snakes. The bull snakes are too big to get through 1" chicken wire (they eat the eggs but not the chickens). The rattle snakes can get through that, but my coop sits a foot off the ground and I made a ramp for the chickens and a step for me. The rattlers got into the run, but never into the coop. The chickens instinctively knew to stay away from the snake until I killed it, then they beat the crap out of the remains and ate most of the pieces.

44. Draconigena

Blog Posts:
    No. He read and liked some posts, but never posted himself. I suspect he was on his cell phone.

45. inspects

Blog Posts:
    hahahha....when there's a will, there's a way.

46. inspects

Blog Posts:
    Yep, probably. I don't like using the phone either...pecking at letters like a newborn bird.

47. Draconigena

Blog Posts:
    Well, Dale, it is midnight, and I hope to make up for last night's lack of sleep. If I crash now, I'll get a shade over 7 hours.
    In other words, I am outta here, Amigo.
    More BS tomorrow.

The Cromwell, choderfett and inspects like this.
  48. inspects

Blog Posts:
    It's raining.....:confetti::stars2::confetti:

Gonna be another miserable day tomorrow......:popcorn:

Thank god I'm not going further than my desk, finish today's capital reserve study.....:oops:

49. inspects

Blog Posts:
    Have a good one my friend..!

50. inspects

Blog Posts:
    Evening...et al......:)

JuicyLucy, Lady Sarah and Draconigena like this.