Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have been pondering modern US measurement units.
Is a shit ton More weight than a fuck ton?
And how to they compare to a standard US ton or a Metric ton?
Since shit just rots away, and a fuck only lasts for several minutes, neither compares to either the standard US ton or a metric ton.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Synthetic oil. The Briggs have trouble with bent push rods and such but synthetic oil seems to help prevent this.
Not sure if still true but one of the push rods was aluminum and I think it galls against the rocker arm causing something to bend. Synthetic oil seems to prevent this.
get 10W30 or 40 syn oil. as high of a second number as you can get. I use Castrol Syntec in mine 10W 30 I think is as heavy as I could find.
I have searched all over that engine and, although it looks like a Briggs, nowhere on that engine does it say so. It says TroyBilt. What does yours say?

Also, the manual that came with it says nothing about synthetic oil. Although my warranty has long since expired, if one uses an oil other than that which is specified in the user manual, would that not be a warranty violation? I ask this because I just got a new weed whacker today when I picked up the mower and wondered if I should start from square one with synthetic. This one looks like a DR (i.e., a weed whacker on wheels and a handle that looks like a push mower), yet was significantly cheaper. Southland, 43cc, 2-cycle. Why would I do this? Left shoulder (rotator cuff BS) in too much pain to hold my heavy duty gas whacker, yet the lighter ones (electric) do not have the power to whack down the big weeds. This one will plow through them and, because it sits on a couple wagon wheels, I don't have to hold anything up off the ground. Hopefully, that will turn out to be the best of both worlds. I would have loved to play with it when I got home tonight, but 96 degrees with 80% RH was melting me into a puddle.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have searched all over that engine and, although it looks like a Briggs, nowhere on that engine does it say so. It says TroyBilt. What does yours say?
Mine says Power Built and in small print Briggs and Stratton as far as I can recall.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am really going to try and get something done tomorrow.
However I fear that the Wife unit will come up with something to get in the way...

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am really going to try and get something done tomorrow.
However I fear that the Wife unit will come up with something to get in the way...
With any luck, she will be the one to give you something to do. Who knows? She might even watch you do it.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I get to the "hot spot"...(or it was a hot spot 20 yrs ago)....I see this guy throwing wet corn in a lacrosse racket....I had to ask,..... WTF are you doing?

Baiting the carp...!

Carp?

Yup.....

What happened to the walleye....?

Fuck if I know, been fishing carp here for 10+ yrs......

No walleyes?

Nope, lots of carp tho.......

WTF do you DO with carp?

Smoke um......

Really?

Yup......

Have a nice day, I'm heading a couple hundred miles east, on the Canadian side of the St. Lawrence river.

Still didn't catch shit.....few perch, few small bass, few small northern pike.,,better than sitting in AZ tho, it's about 110 I hear.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rich, I wish you were with me, to hear all these french canadian hillbillies telling me how to catch the shit out of the carp...."A"

So u don't like da carp "A"?

Well if you catch any, we'll take um "A"

lmao

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Carp hafta be pretty darn big to make em worth my while. I fillet em on site to fit the meat into the cooler.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Carp hafta be pretty darn big to make em worth my while. I fillet em on site to fit the meat into the cooler.
I didn't catch any, didn't have any corn "bait"................unbelievable...!

I see this guy winging shit into the water, I couldn't figure out what it was...so I take the boat over to shore and walk down to these guys....MAN I want to tell you, they're gung-ho Carp Fisherman....!

They got this shit down pat....winging wet whole kernel corn with a lacrosse racket...catching 10-40 lb carp. I guess the japanese or chinese buy them to smoke & eat..or sell, I have no idea.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I didn't catch any, didn't have any corn "bait"................unbelievable...!

I see this guy winging shit into the water, I couldn't figure out what it was...so I take the boat over to shore and walk down to these guys....MAN I want to tell you, they're gung-ho Carp Fisherman....!

They got this shit down pat....winging wet whole kernel corn with a lacrosse racket...catching 10-40 lb carp. I guess the japanese or chinese buy them to smoke & eat..or sell, I have no idea.
Those are pretty good size carp. At 20 pounds and up, they are worthwhile. Most of em around here are 6 pounds and less.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They had small number 2 hooks with a few kernels of corn on the hook....I guess they hope the carp suck up one of the hooks, when the shit they throw is finished off.....incredible.

I couldn't find anyone who had caught walleye there years ago. Hell, we used to catch 10 lb walleye, one after the other. I have no idea where they went....guess the great lakes are just sess pools now....with the entrails of water flowing down the St. Lawrence river for the carp.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Squeakers and black flies are thicker than hair on a yak...!

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, pholqs, ees tame fer dis oldt phart to crawl into da sack an' tri to geet sum sleeps.
Yak mo' tomorrow...

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Finally a nice rain here in the valley of the sun. Last time was March 14th - .04 of an inch :huh:
76 instead of 108+ and 67% humidity

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I see that there is no one here tonight, so I guess I am not here either.
Bye bye.......

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had to go to bed earluy so I could get up and drive the SIL 1 hour each way to a doctors appt.
Maybe... Last time I was sitting in front of her house waiting for her and she called it off...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess this brings new meaning to the term 'zipline'?

Health officials: 548 sick after Gatlinburg zipline experience; E. coli possible

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I guess this brings new meaning to the term 'zipline'?

Health officials: 548 sick after Gatlinburg zipline experience; E. coli possible

How in the world do you get e.coli on a zipline? Was under the impression a ziplines were not for eating...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of the 808 responses, Harmon said 505 people said they had parties varying in size from two to 30 people, but the surveys did ask how many in the party became sick. It did determine one common denominator though: well water served out of coolers placed along the zipline course.

they should have drank Mt Dew.

From the article they made a zipline for the bathrooms.
http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/487803691.html

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Of the 808 responses, Harmon said 505 people said they had parties varying in size from two to 30 people, but the surveys did ask how many in the party became sick. It did determine one common denominator though: well water served out of coolers placed along the zipline course.

they should have drank Mt Dew.

From the article they made a zipline for the bathrooms.
http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/487803691.html

When out and about, I like to bring my own water

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry I haven't been on for a while but been working 6 day a week very tired after I get off work just want to relax
Pretty much the same here or have to get up early so cannot stay up late.

not the working 6 days a week though. God forbid!

phil68

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only problem is that I run a machine that supplies the whole plant with what they need to get out for the week and so on but when I want a day off I can't get it because no one else can run the machine the way I do so I'm fucked
Pretty much the same here or have to get up early so cannot stay up late.

not the working 6 days a week though. God forbid!

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The only problem is that I run a machine that supplies the whole plant with what they need to get out for the week and so on but when I want a day off I can't get it because no one else can run the machine the way I do so I'm fucked
That's what happens when one is good at their job. The corporation won't let you have your anniversary off, because you are too valuable.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So what does the company do if you get sick? They better start training a backup operator.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So what does the company do if you get sick? They better start training a backup operator.
They have him train others all the time. When they don't want to keep up with him, they quit. This company loves to hire temps, and many of the temps are lazy fucks looking for an easy paycheck.
Phillip is able to move over 200 sheets of steel every day through his machine, but they don't want him moving the big sheets by himself, regardless of the fact that he has the strength to do it. When he has off, whoever the replacement is, rarely moves more than 60 sheets through the same machine. The big sheets are usually about 5' x 10' of 22g steel.

VU Sponsors