Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
We usually have 105° in late July and throughout August, but not this damn early.
Same here (100-110 July-August)..
It was only 87 °F here today with forecast of mid 90s next week. Because it came on too soon, and with relatively high humidity, it "feels" extremely hot, but I remember 115 °F in Arizona that didn't feel hot at all because the humidity was only about 20%.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It was only 87 °F here today with forecast of mid 90s next week. Because it came on too soon, and with relatively high humidity, it "feels" extremely hot, but I remember 115 °F in Arizona that didn't feel hot at all because the humidity was only about 20%.
The hottest we recorded was 117, about 5 years ago, in August.

phil68

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah I can't stand the heat either and I work in a metal building so when it's 100 outside it's 110 inside

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And that's why I damn near shave your head for the summer.
At his request, or your demand? I somehow doubt that bald is all that much cooler than "normal" hair length. Mine is shoulder length all year and the amount of sweat is pretty much determined by the type of hat on my head.

phil68

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At his request, or your demand? I somehow doubt that bald is all that much cooler than "normal" hair length. Mine is shoulder length all year and the amount of sweat is pretty much determined by the type of hat on my head.
I'm not bald it's just short

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Neither do I. That's why we run A/C all summer, and it ain't summer yet.
We own a window A/C unit (I think it is in the garage)... obviously we never use it. It never did much anyway. Open the windows and turn the fan on high. It usually gets up to the same temp inside as outside, so we become really cranky old pharts in July-August. :crazy:

phil68

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We own a window A/C unit (I think it is in the garage)... obviously we never use it. It never did much anyway. Open the windows and turn the fan on high. It usually gets up to the same temp inside as outside, so we become really cranky old pharts in July-August. :crazy:
have you tried using it in the bedroom and set it to 72 and keep your door closed

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If it got as hot inside as it does outside, I'd have to move to Canada. Too much heat, and I lose bowel control, and then pass out. It's already happened once. Phillip got scared.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
have you tried using it in the bedroom and set it to 72 and keep your door closed
I am slightly claustrophobic, so all internal doors have been removed. This is an 88 year old house and there is one window in the bedroom that is right at the foot of the bed and no plug in near it. There is one, hidden under the headboard...
If it got as hot inside as it does outside, I'd have to move to Canada.
We are only a couple hundred miles from the Canadian border, so that option might not work. Anywhere in the Great Plains has nasty heat in summer and we get our humidity from the gulf (thanks, Texas). :rolleyes:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am slightly claustrophobic, so all internal doors have been removed. This is an 88 year old house and there is one window in the bedroom that is right at the foot of the bed and no plug in near it. There is one, hidden under the headboard...

We are only a couple hundred miles from the Canadian border, so that option might not work. Anywhere in the Great Plains has nasty heat in summer and we get our humidity from the gulf (thanks, Texas). :rolleyes:
It doesn't help that I cannot tolerate extreme cold either. Up til the age of 45, I only had about 5% body fat, now maybe up to 8 or 10%. Certainly not enough insulation for subzero temperatures.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It doesn't help that I cannot tolerate extreme cold either. Up til the age of 45, I only had about 5% body fat, now maybe up to 8 or 10%. Certainly not enough insulation for subzero temperatures.
We have heavy coats. :) -20 °F with wind chills down to -60 °F are not unusual here. And blizzards that sometimes give us 15-foot deep snow drifts (you MUST own a tractor to keep the pathways/driveway clear or you will go nowhere for six months).

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Man.. got sucked into watching this show on Netflix.. so addicting..
The second season just came out and it’s called 13 reasons why..
Anyone watching this also?

Nope - buy hello before I say goodnight :giggle:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Man.. got sucked into watching this show on Netflix.. so addicting..
The second season just came out and it’s called 13 reasons why..
Anyone watching this also?

I watched the first season. Didn't realize the second was released already, but yeah, I will be watching it.

Thanks for mentioning this. I was all wrapped up in season 1.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
He likes something he can put two 18650 batteries into, and put one of his attys on it, and start vaping.

Check out BProsek's listing in the Hardware section. He has several nice multi battery mods there, very inexpensive. I'm getting his IPV Vesta.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Good Saturday evening, OPs! Hope you didn't work yourselves to a frazzle today,

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Which is better?
c9c93be10f3169f5c579f712968598ab.jpg
94c5f5df7ec2d8f8078acfd863344a62.jpg

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yer body is just whispering so far give it another 10 years or so and listen to the screaming of your body.

Just a cheerful thought to look forward to :rolleyes:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Evening my Old Pharts Friends, I hear what you are saying Phil, did that all my life 67 now and retired Thank God
64 here and retired 2 years.
I have plenty of painful duties keeping everything going around my place.
Did ride around in a cool Blazer today though. :bliss:
Warned the wife unit not to fart since the windows were up :)

VU Sponsors