Become a Patron!

Oil Pulling

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey all, I am on 12th day of oil pulling. For more info hit you tube and search topic. Since I started vaping I've had some issues with gums and teeth. I started oil pulling after co worker talked to me about it. I use coconut oil but you can use olive oil or sesame oil also.

I put table spoon of oil in mouth and swish around for 20 min a day. My teeth are whiter and oil pulls bacteria from gums and crevices of teeth. I have also noted plaque coming off by 5th day.

This also helps a lot with vape tongue. More than water or other tricks I have tried. It also helps with sinuses. My juice tastes better especially seems to help with my adv. My teeth are not as sensitive to hot and cold. Supposed to help with canker sores also. I highly recommend you try if you are having issues with mouth and or vape tongue. First 2 or 3 days is hard but you get used to it and when you start seeing and feeling results you look forward to it.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
how is the oil pulling going now, @JColt ?

i have heard on it, but not brave enough yet to try.. but reading what you posted, i might just have to try it..
thanks! :)

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Working good so far. I have only missed 2 days. My teeth are about a shade whiter and gums looking redder. As far as it helping with vaping, It really helps refresh the mouth and tongue and if you have been vaping heavy it seems to reboot your taste buds. Once you've done it for a week it is no problem. Just don't spit it in drain as it can cause clogs. I usually start just before taking shower. By the time shower is over and dressed my 20 min is up!

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do it with coconut oil. Tartar gets destroyed and you'll wonder why you get your teeth scraped by a dentist.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
and here i went to a whole nother direction with it:D i j/k i tried it but can't stand the texture or taste. even coconut oil is a bit yuck to me straight up

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I bought some coconut oil recently to try out as a moisturizer. Works great! Then I remembered reading about Oil Pulling. I might give this a try!

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's kind of the end justifies the means Huckleberried. A little gross swirling spit and oils, but cleans
really well. It's worth it in my opinion.

I also put some coconut oil in my whirley pop :D
stainless-steel-whirley-pop-6.gif

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Very interesting, Im gonna look into this.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've seen a couple recipes for making moisturizers and sugar scrubs, so why not try?! I'm game.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Please let us know what you think if you try this Huck.

I considered it a while back but balked at the 20 minute swish time. :eek:

:D

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The 20 minutes at shower time, posted above, made sense. I don't vape in the shower!!

Typos brought to you by: iPhone.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Please let us know what you think if you try this Huck.

I considered it a while back but balked at the 20 minute swish time. :eek:

:D
I remember reading a while back about it. It's basically swirling around in your mouth, rather than gargle, LOL! Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, though, please.

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That is correct Huckleberried.
It is a swishing/swirling action. I try to get it to all the nooks and crannies in the teeth. Pushing and pulling
the oil through the teeth while getting your swishing on. No gargling. Also, you do not want to swallow
the oil. It is to be discarded. Do it one time and you'll know what I mean. It will pull last nights bad breath
and bacteria out. I only go fifteen minutes myself.

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah twenty minutes is a bit long for me at one time. I usually shoot for 3 shorter pulls in a row spitting in between.

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've tried it. My G/F suggested it. She nearly swallowed a mouth full, then spit it out all over and made a mess. We both quit at that point. There is a Snopes article on it, and of course tons on Google.

Well, I had to make my first post some time and I suppose it should be on a topic I actually know something about haha.

As someone who uses oil pulling (extra virgin unrefined coconut oil) and has read many testimonials/articles on the subject, I can say it makes a huge difference. Teeth get whiter over time and overall mouth health improves. My gums stopped bleeding when brushing my teeth and I've had less mouth sores (I love fruit and vaping, but it doesn't always love me). The coconut oil is the only route I will go, personally. It helps replenish the good bacteria in your mouth and gut, which in turn kills the harmful damaging bacteria that causes decay, digestive troubles, and illness. It's a great alternative for cooking as well, as it has valuable fats that the body needs. They've even done a study that showed the simple switch of cooking with coconut oil helped people lose inches from their waist as it gets rid of the harmful belly fat that causes heart disease and the like. That was without changing their diet or adding exercise, although I swear by those as well. ;) It's even been proven to improve mental health in those with Alzheimer disease and dementia. It's well worth the research.

As far as swishing for 20 minutes a day, you can break it up. 10 mins in the morning and 10 at night. Kill morning breath and swish away the days remains before you sleep.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
hmmmm sounds interesting definitely gonna have to check more into this. While my teeth have whitened some since I quit smoking I still have major tooth sensitivity and always looking for healthier alternatives.

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Still going strong. Need to order another jar soon. After doing it my vape really shines. Like I said earlier it kind of reboots the taste buds. I bit the inside of my cheek last week and it really helped with the soreness and healing. I may break it into 2 - 10 min periods. I have no problem with 20 min but I think it would be good to get rid of morning crud.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, I had to make my first post some time and I suppose it should be on a topic I actually know something about haha.

As someone who uses oil pulling (extra virgin unrefined coconut oil) and has read many testimonials/articles on the subject, I can say it makes a huge difference. Teeth get whiter over time and overall mouth health improves. My gums stopped bleeding when brushing my teeth and I've had less mouth sores (I love fruit and vaping, but it doesn't always love me). The coconut oil is the only route I will go, personally. It helps replenish the good bacteria in your mouth and gut, which in turn kills the harmful damaging bacteria that causes decay, digestive troubles, and illness. It's a great alternative for cooking as well, as it has valuable fats that the body needs. They've even done a study that showed the simple switch of cooking with coconut oil helped people lose inches from their waist as it gets rid of the harmful belly fat that causes heart disease and the like. That was without changing their diet or adding exercise, although I swear by those as well. ;) It's even been proven to improve mental health in those with Alzheimer disease and dementia. It's well worth the research.

As far as swishing for 20 minutes a day, you can break it up. 10 mins in the morning and 10 at night. Kill morning breath and swish away the days remains before you sleep.
Thank you for your input :)

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm great thing to read before I go to cincy to jungle Jim's grocery. I feel like my breath and gums have gotten worse since I quit smoking and vaping but I have had a ton of surgeries and take a lot of pills so thought it was all dry mouth. Bought some biotene but still feel dirty mouthed. Snoring I guess causes a lot of bad morning stuff as well. Air leads to decay etc..

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bought two kinds of coconut oil. Will start tonight. Some is thick like Crisco, some watery. Was $16 a bottle!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The one I have is the solid kind, cost about $8 at Kroger. Works great as a moisturizer, but still haven't tried the pulling. I'll have to leave it out as a reminder. :confused:

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
OK tried this for the first time and it was slightly yucking but I made it through and wasnt anywhere near as bad as I thought. Gonna keep this up see if it helps. I do have to admit my vape does taste better after just 1 time but hoping it helps with a few other health issues and my overly sensitive teeth :)

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah until it warms up and melts it is kinda yucky. Helps with mouth sores and vape tongue also. Will help with sensitive teeth but I use sensedine tooth paste also.

BumbaCLot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That Natural Dentist works but it has a horrible after taste. I used it a lot when I first started vaping because I bled like a pig after brushing teeth.
My hygienist told me something like quitting smoking shrinks your gums due to smoking changing blood flow if I remember correctly.
I'm just lazy as hell and refuse to floss.
Gonna try this again...

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah my dentist said excessive bleeding after stop smoking was normal. The first 2 weeks it looked like I was brushing with razor blades! lol.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Wow tried this today. All I could find was the solid. It does liquidity in your mouth but Jesus is it something you will never crave lololol. A bit on the torturous side lol

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow tried this today. All I could find was the solid. It does liquidity in your mouth but Jesus is it something you will never crave lololol. A bit on the torturous side lol
haha i totally agree. Once its liquid its not as bad but the chewing to make it liquid is just yuck

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I kept wanting to swallow it within first 2 minutes. Lolol. That chewing is rough but it was my first time n my vape did taste a bit better after the torture

NightOwl

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
haha i totally agree. Once its liquid its not as bad but the chewing to make it liquid is just yuck

Virgin Coconut Oil melts around 72 degrees F, just store it in a warmer place. It doesn't have to be refrigerated or anything. Mine is usually solid on the kitchen counter during winter and stays liquid through the summers.

I tried pulling for 3-4 days a while back and gave up before the effects hit. This is inspiring me to try again. I'm late on the dental visit, so maybe a few weeks of pulling will make the visit less embarrassing.

I use it mostly for cooking. Absolutely fantastic for frying eggs and homemade microwave popcorn.

My recipe: In a large covered round Pyrex casserole dish (wrong sized cover is best so more air escapes, not required), put a tablespoon or two of coconut oil, a handful of non GMO popcorn kernels, spice to taste (I use cayenne pepper, turmeric, and pinch of salt--tastes like Doritos's popcorn), stir, loosely cover with glass top. 5 minutes on power level 9 (go down one, too much power burns it.), hit start. Stay in room so once the popping slows down or popcorn reaches the lid, you pull it out . Best to sacrifice a few kernels because burnt popcorn sux. Fresh and healthy. You can do sweet kettle corn recipes too.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not too bad once I got past the initial clump of gunk. Melted within a couple minutes, couldn't bring myself to chew it up. I left it out on the kitchen counter in hopes it will inspire me daily.

Thanks for that recipe @NightOwl. :)

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Shortly after I stopped smoking and started vaping my wife made fried chicken cutlets and gravy. Since my taste buds were back I put a piping hot fork full in my mouth and torched the living shit out of my tongue. Blisters every where. Coconut oil took pain away quickly. Canker sores and bites heal nicely with it also.

Last edited:

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've tried it. My G/F suggested it. She nearly swallowed a mouth full, then spit it out all over and made a mess. We both quit at that point. There is a Snopes article on it, and of course tons on Google.

What a foul post...lol...

No seriously, I've heard of coconut oil being good for many different things but not this. Ive got some in house for my dog and am going to fight him for some....Im hopeful I can win and that it will work.

Last edited:

BlackRibbonMist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey all, I am on 12th day of oil pulling. For more info hit you tube and search topic. Since I started vaping I've had some issues with gums and teeth. I started oil pulling after co worker talked to me about it. I use coconut oil but you can use olive oil or sesame oil also.

I put table spoon of oil in mouth and swish around for 20 min a day. My teeth are whiter and oil pulls bacteria from gums and crevices of teeth. I have also noted plaque coming off by 5th day.

This also helps a lot with vape tongue. More than water or other tricks I have tried. It also helps with sinuses. My juice tastes better especially seems to help with my adv. My teeth are not as sensitive to hot and cold. Supposed to help with canker sores also. I highly recommend you try if you are having issues with mouth and or vape tongue. First 2 or 3 days is hard but you get used to it and when you start seeing and feeling results you look forward to it.
Still new to vaping so I need an education on this subject. How long were you vaping and what were you vaping when you noticed signs of gum and mouth disease? I ask because I have sensitive gums and I never knew about this. Does it happen often? Please help!!

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi BlackRibbon Mist, Yes when I started vaping 2 years ago I had gum issues and tongue for awhile. I would bleed big time after brushing teeth. This is normal because blood is moving towards the outer part of gums when you stop smoking. That slowly goes away after a couple months. I was originally vaping 24 mg which probably didnt help and I'm a chain vapor. Down to 3 mg now. Just keep brushing and use a decent mouthwash. The coconut oil will help with tongue, cheek and gum soreness. Your mouth is going through a hugh change right now. I would say the mouth benefits the most other than lungs when you start vaping. Mouth problems and coughing take month or 2 to disappear.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got some coconut oil, wanting to start oil pulling. After 20 mins of swishing do you rinse out with water?

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't but everyone's different. I like the taste. I have been doing 2 times a day at 10 min each lately.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gonna start it up in a few minutes when i go shower.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I can only do 10 minutes at a time. I hate the experience but the taste after I spit it out is very nice.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just finished the 20 mins. Definitely a mission to keep in your mouth especially after 10 mins. I bathed, bathed my baby, dressed him and set up 2 protein shakes for the wife and i. Exactly 20 mins of swishing.
aftertaste is very pleasurable, tastes like i just ate some coconut.
Mouth feels like i just brushed, teeth are smooth, mouth is fresh only without the minty sensation after a brush.
just took a few vapes and def mafe a difference after just 1 pull.
unicorn milk tastes like i had never tasted.
granted i just got it yesterday, maybe later ill pull out some of my closet juices.
for now though really enjoying this vape.
ill keep posting, maybe no posts as long as this, as time progresses.
good start though feelin really good i madr this move.
only cost me 12 bucks at gnc.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Doesn't anyone else think that when you first quit smoking and start vaping that the mouth sores, etc... have more to do with quitting smoking and your mouth healing? That's how I feel. I tend to think that it has way less to do with vaping, than it does with quitting cigs.

I don't remember going through all that when I first started vaping. I did go through that frequently when I was still smoking.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I have been off smokes now for a few years so the reason I decided to try this is more for better dental health. I have noticed that recently I have been vaping a whole lot more than I did at first (also reduced Nic levels too is contributing to the increase in vaping) and my teeth and gums dont look as healthy as they were or should be. I can say regardless of any health benefits from oil pulling, my mouth does feel great afterwards.

VU Sponsors