Become a Patron!

Ohms and Mech Mod Wismec Skyladon

JonathanJ

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey peeps! Just purchased a Skyladon Mech Mod and Druid mini dripper. She is beautiful. Running with a Samsung 18650 25r battery.

Now my problem, the current dual coil is at 0.63ohms and she takes forever and I mean forever to ramp up.

What is a safe range for me, ( some quote 0.3ohms) to vape on this mod? Can I go lower safely?

I normally build 26g 2piece twisted kanthal at 3mm and I enjoy this but cant seem to figure the rest out. I cant get my head round ohms law calc either.

Please help so I can get building

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

ImposingGorilla

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey bud, I've just been tinkering round with my new mech mod today and found that with the Samsung 25r 18650's, 0.25 -0.3 9ohms seems to pretty good.
As for ohms law, it's something you definitely need to wrap your head around asap. The easy way is simply divide the volts (4.2 fully charged) by the ohms of the coil youve made.. 0.25. This should give you the amps drawn from the battery...
Eg. 4.2/0.25= 16.8 amps.
With the Samsung being 20 amp max I'd generally stay below 18 amps for safety.
Hope this helps.

JonathanJ

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey bud, I've just been tinkering round with my new mech mod today and found that with the Samsung 25r 18650's, 0.25 -0.3 9ohms seems to pretty good.
As for ohms law, it's something you definitely need to wrap your head around asap. The easy way is simply divide the volts (4.2 fully charged) by the ohms of the coil youve made.. 0.25. This should give you the amps drawn from the battery...
Eg. 4.2/0.25= 16.8 amps.
With the Samsung being 20 amp max I'd generally stay below 18 amps for safety.
Hope this helps.
Thanks bro. I ended up swapping it for a series mod till ive gained more experience will batteries and coiling first and research before going for another tube mod. I am fantasising about a stingray one day but they at £150 for an authentic :O

ImposingGorilla

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I saw the date that was posted after writing the reply... Felt a bit stupid after that, thinking you'd probably sorted the issue. Ah well. I did a lot of reading up on other peoples experiences with tube mods and battery safety before I actually bought a tube mod.. Been using a kbox 200 for a while now and fancied something a bit more hard hitting. The panzer is definitely that. Would love to own an authentic mod one day but they are not cheap!

JonathanJ

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Skyladon was cheap but authetic. Maybe why it got so hot. Dont feel stupid man. Thanks for the input :)

ImposingGorilla

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Possibly, also maybe the coil ramp up time and battery draw.. Purely speculating though. Cheers

VU Sponsors