Become a Patron!

Ohm keep changing

hello guys I bought a new rda goon 24 brass and this is my second rda I'm have this issue with my goon I built a dual coil 10 wraps 24 gauge around 3.5 diameter everything is fine screws tightened up good but I'm still having this problem with ohms changing sometimes .53,4.8 and .51 it's never stable I don't know what Am I doing wrong I'm using thinvape DNA 250

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
From https://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/post/common-problems-7766158
Resistance is variable and results in poor vape:

• The ground path is crucial. Some mods (like the Hana) did not install a ground path and relied on the 510 connection to the case which could be unreliable. Install a dedicated ground connection to the board.
  • Many atomizers are poorly suited to vaping in TC mode. They have springs or loosely threaded center pins that can cause big swings in resistance. You can fix some of this by unscrewing the pin, cleaning it and then re-installing and potentially leaving more exposed so there is more pressure on the 510. You can also increase the pressure of the 510 spring.
(I don't know if this might be in any way related to your problem, but anyway just thought I might share.)

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Does the quality of vape change with those minor fluctuations?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well I'm not using DNA but the Ohms are changing by about 0.04 and sometimes even 0.05 on both my Wismec RX2/3 and my Wismec RX300, and this happens regardless of whether I'm using my The Troll RDA 2 or my Goon RDA.

Well I'm not using DNA but the Ohms are changing by about 0.04 and sometimes even 0.05 on both my Wismec RX2/3 and my Wismec RX300, and this happens regardless of whether I'm using my The Troll RDA 2 or my Goon RDA.
So it's a normal thing for all mods ?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So it's a normal thing for all mods ?
No, I don't think it is. Just some mods seem like they tend to change Ohms a fair bit more than most do... but smaller changes like say 0.01 or 0.02 (with the vast majority of mods) seem pretty common AFAIK.

I have a vaporshark rdna 40 which has a pretty accurate chipset. I get the odd fluctuation now and then which I think is normal. So long as it's minor .01 to

danielabas

Member For 1 Year
hello guys I bought a new rda goon 24 brass and this is my second rda I'm have this issue with my goon I built a dual coil 10 wraps 24 gauge around 3.5 diameter everything is fine screws tightened up good but I'm still having this problem with ohms changing sometimes .53,4.8 and .51 it's never stable I don't know what Am I doing wrong I'm using thinvape DNA 250
Yes goon 1.5 most of them has issues with ohm, i had got 4 goon rdas all had the issues. I dumped all of em. But my friend figured it out, he said he changed the pin with pure silver and problem’s solved till today.

VU Sponsors