Become a Patron!

Ofrf gear rta review

wiz4vap

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I received gear rta from sourcemore.com for the purpose of this review.

Gear rta comes in few colors:

- Blue
- Gold
- Black
- Gunmetal
- Silver
- Rainbow

FfQ8xcr.jpg

Specification:

- Diameter: 24mm
- Height: 24.6mm
- Capacity: 2.3ml / 3.5ml

U pakovanju:

- OFRF Gear RTA
- Extra Tube (3.5ml)
- Clapton Coils
- Japanese Cotton
- Extra Orings
- Extra Drip Tip
- Extra Screws
- User Manual

JkBe5cZ.jpg

Ofrf gear rta is very small single coil atomizer, gear rta is 24mm in diameter, height of this atomizer is 24mm. In the package you will receive a lot of things, you will receive bubble glass tank, two drip tips, also you will receive coils and cotton, so you can use the atomizer in case that you don't have your own coils. Under the drip tip you can see gear engraved, on the chamber you can see engraved "Ofrf" and you can see "Gear". Form the bottom of the atomizer you can also see "Gear" and "Ofrf" engraved. Build quality is very good, there is nothing that bothers me with build quality, everything is as it should be, threads are very good.

SVCdxLw.jpg

This atomizer comes with 510 drip tip, so you will not be able to use 810 drip tips on gear rta, this will be a con to some people. So, this atomizer comes with pre installed 510 drip tip, in the package you will receive one more 510 drip tip. Drip tips looks similar but diameter of the hole is different, perosnally I like to use drip tip with wider bore. I personally like 810 drip tips, but drip tips with this rta are pretty much comfortable for using. If you don't like the drip tips you can use here any other 510 drip tip.

eFlwuDs.jpg

Gear rta is a top fill atomizer, on the top cap there is no details but still you can unscrew the top cap very easy, without any problems.
When you unscrew the top cap you can see two big fill holes and you can fill the atomizer with any bottle. There is no any leaking when you fill the atomizer which is very good.
With the atomizer you will receive regular glass tank and capacity of the glass tank is 2.3ml, maybe this will be good capacity for someone, but I vape a lot and this is small capacity for me, but in the package you will receive also the bubble glass tank, capacity of the bubble glass tank is 3.5ml which is great capacity for small tank like this one is, personally I like to use bubble glass tank.

RLOdjVg.jpg

UAUmpSe.jpg

On the build deck you can see 4 posts so you can place the coil no matter how you wrap it. It is very easy to build here, it is pretty much simple and screws are good. Wicking this rta is also very easy and I belive you will have no problems with wicking. In the package you will receive two coils and cotton which is very nice. You will receive two clapton coils, resistance of the coil is 0.33ohm and they said that you can use this coils from 40-55w.
On the airflow control ring you can see two airflow holes and what you adjust on one side it is the same on the another side. You can take off the airflow control ring which is good because that way you can clean the atomizer better and also you can replace the o rings.

cJXETeQ.jpg

R0vtZEH.jpg

m3qn9nN.jpg

How this atomizer works and my thoughts:

Build quality of this atomizer is very good and in my opinion gear rta is very simple atomizer for using, you can fill it easy and without problems, also building on this rta is simple and easy. I like to use 810 drip tips but here, I like to use the drip tip from the package with wider bore, it is comfortable for using.
Considering that this is a very small atomizer 3.5ml is very good capacity. I use here coil from the package and I like to use it at 40w, wicking is great and there is no any leaking. Vapor production is very good and vapor is dense. Flavor is great, one of the best atomizer for flavors for sure, I am very happy with flavor. When airflow is fully open it is a little bit restricted and I personally like it, I even close the airflow a little bit. When atomizer is on the mod it is a little bit harder to adjust the airflow and I would like some details here. If you ask me, gear rta is for sure one of the better atomizers out there, especially if you want to buy atomizer for flavor and atomizer that is very simple for using, I would suggest you gear rta for sure.

Cons:

- You can't use 810 drip tips
- I would like some engravings on the airflow control ring

Pros:

- Good build quality
- No leaking
- Easy to fill
- Easy to build
- Small atomizer
- Bubble glass tank
- Coils in the package
- Cotton in the package