Become a Patron!

OFRF Gear RTA Review by eldaar

eldaar

Unlisted Vendor
OFRF Gear RTA was sent to me for review from HealthCabin

Product introduction

OFRF Gear RTA, with 24mm diameter, constructed of stainless steel, is a mini RTA that features short air passage design and utilizes domed vaporization chamber to bring smooth and intense flavor. The build deck comes with easy screw system for easy building of single coil.

The screws accept both clockwise and anticlockwise builds, so the deck is compatible with all direction coil placement. Generally speaking, the Gear RTA is a professional and powerful RTA in the market.

Parameters:

24mm Diameter
Single coil build deck
Stainless steel construction
German PEEK insulator
2.3ml standard tank capacity
3.5ml bubble glass tank capacity
Gold plated 510 thread connection

Package includes:

1x OFRF Gear RTA
1x 3.5ml Extra Tube
1x Clapton Coils
1x Japanese Cotton
1x Extra Orings
1x Extra Drip Tip
1x Extra Screws
1x User Manual

K818Iwf.jpg

Quality:

The OFRF Gear is a simplistic, yet powerful single coil RTA. The compact domed design combined with short airway passages provides some of the best flavor I’ve experienced to date from an RTA. The OFRF Gear RTA was manufactured by a relatively new company called OFRF, which was founded in late 2018.

skOc1UF.jpg

This hot new product was designed, developed and also engineering in just 90 days! This is an amazing feat for any company and I feel it has a great deal to do with their relationship alongside Wotofo. OFRF seems to share quite a few similarities that include spare parts and print collateral. Either way, vapers are to benefit from this union as this is a banging device, that I recommend everyone check out in 2019.

Tank:

The OFRF Gear is 24mm’s in diameter and 24.6mm’s tall. It’s made from 304 stainless steel and comes in a variety of colors including black, blue, gold, gunmetal grey, rainbow and also silver. It can hold 2.3ml’s of eliquid with a standard tank or 3.5ml’s with a bubble tank. The filling method requires you to unscrew the top cap, and squeeze your ejuice in either side of the two large filling ports.

The quad post, single coil deck is relatively easy to build on and should be a breeze for previous RTA owners. If you new to the rebuildable game, then I suggest thinning out your cotton and giving it a bowl cut to ensure constant wicking and no dry hits. The o-rings worked a treat and I experienced no leaking during use.

Your dual adjustable air slots are located on the bottom of your RTA. The airflow is so smooth, and the flavor is fantastic. If you are a flavor chaser like me, then you need the OFRF Gear RDA in your life. I’ve been using this thing on the daily and can’t seem to put it down. The only thing I didn’t particularly like was the 510 heat resistant drip tip. I would have much preferred a 810.

a97FNil.jpg

Fit and Finish:

The GEAR fits together very well. The whole atty fits together well and the threading was very smooth – both for the atty and the fill port cap. No rough edges were present and the machining was very well done. The deck features 4 large flat screws and was designed so that you could use clockwise or counterclockwise wrapped coils. The GEAR has a 24k gold plated 510 and also uses PEEK as the insulator.

Verdict:

Looks good, vapes great. Probably just a step below dripper vape quality – the OFRF GEAR was a surprisingly good purchase. Any doubts about purchasing an atty from a virtually unknown company were quickly erased with usage. Would have gotten a better score with a 4 or 4.5mL bubble – but that’s just me nit-picking.

I can’t wait to see what OFRF offers up next.

VU Sponsors