Become a Patron!

OBS T-VCT Sub ohm tank

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thought I would start a new thread since a search didn't provide any results.

OBS.jpg

OBS%252520description.jpg

20150804_230229.jpg

I picked up the OBS when I saw the deal yeti vape was having via the post by vaporjoe. I already liked yeti juice so this was a slick deal for me.

What I liked from the description was the top filling design, juice flow control and 6 mil juice capacity while only being about a 1/4" bigger than my Arctic which holds 3 mil and burns through it like it was 1.

I love the Arctic and it was my first sub ohm tank but didn't take it on the road with me as I would run out of juice quick and refilling wasn't the easiest thing in the world. I picked up a Kanger Sub Tank Plus for the road but anything over 20 watts and I was getting dry hits, alleviated that by using a needle to bore a small hole in each cotton hole but it still would not fire as well as the Arctic.

After having this for about 3 weeks or so I have to say that it is easily my favorite tank. Refilling is quick, you don't have to remove it from your device. Just make sure the air and juice flow control is closed off and you can top it off with about 6 mils exactly which I confirmed with a syringe. No leaking but I haven't had that problem with the Kanger or Arctic as well.

Compared to the Arctic it doesn't chuck clouds as well and at higher temps I can get dry hits which is rare with the Arctic. The Arctic likes higher watts to really get going though, I typically have it about 30 watts but can go higher. At 20 watts the Arctic is just not having it with the 0.5 ohm coil but the OBS works great with the same resistance coils. At 25 watts they both work about the same but I tend to get more dense clouds with the OBS. The Arctic can give bacon lips at 30 watts though if I am chain vaping, the OBS stays much cooler at the tip. If I am using a 50/50 blend the Arctic will spit juice though if I have it at 30 watts which is the sweet spot for me, not so with the OBS even with the juice flow control wide open. Airflow is better with the Arctic, it is the closest to a RDA in that regard. If your a cloud chaser the Arctic is hard to beat but the OBS is not far behind.
Flavor wise I have to give it to the OBS, it is close and maybe it is because I can get satisfying cool clouds at a lower wattage but all my juices are tastier with the OBS.

Compared to the Kanger Sub Tank Plus I prefer the OBS a lot more. First off it is smaller but only holds 1 mil less juice. Less dry hits with the OBS but I alleviated the dry hits problem on the Kanger coils by using the needle trick you can find on youtube, still not as good as the OBS though. The airflow control is also a lot easier to move on the OBS than the Kanger which is tight. The airflow is also better which makes for more satisfying clouds. The Kanger is good on flavor though, tough to say which is better, I might call it a draw. The main reason I took a chance on the OBS is that I liked the Kanger but didn't love it, I definitely prefer the Arctic and OBS to the Kanger.

If I lost all 3 tanks and could only afford to replace one then the OBS would be is as it is a happy medium for me between all 3 tanks. If I could replace 2 then the Arctic would be a buy again as I really like using it around the house, just don't like taking it on the road with me.

Thanks to Vaper Joe on posting this deal: http://vaporjoe.blogspot.com/2015/07/yeti-army-obs-vct-subohm-tank-120ml-of.html
If it wasn't for that then I would not have my favorite tank today. If the deal ever comes up again and you haven't tried yeti juices I can recommend R.T.I. Papa Style which is normally not the flavor profile I like but that stuff is tasty. Abbott Road is also pretty good as well along with Dirty Squatch.

I almost forgot, I did buy the RBA coil for the OBS as well, sucks that it doesn't come included but it works well, a lot better than the RBA coil that came with the Kanger. I only used the RBA coil for a couple of days to try it out then went back to the original T-BVC atomizer coil head that I first used and it has been going strong for the 3 weeks I have had it with daily use. That's great because I didn't order any replacements and still have the BDTC .25ohm head in the package so I guess I am covered for at least another 3 weeks.

This tank is definitely a winner so I thought I would share my experience.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can a mod please move this to the Sub-Tanks section. thank you

VU Sponsors