Become a Patron!

OBS Engine Nano

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my OBS Engine Nano from Heaven Gifts a few days ago and so far I'm really liking it. I really like the Engine tanks, but like the Nano the best so far. Nice big deck, easy to build on and will accommodate larger coils. It's very easy to wick and no dry hits. I like how OBS designed the airflow for the Nano. It's top airflow, but there is an inner sleeve that directs the air to the side of the coils, very nice. It has plenty of airflow, especially for a single coil RTA, I've been running it at about 2/3 open. I'm also a fan of the top side fill, large slot and easy to fill.

I used the included clapton coil and it's not too bad, it reads at 0.34 and I'm running it at 36w. The flavor is good, probably not quite as good as my Merlin, but still nice. Of course, the biggest feature is the no-leak design, great for carrying around in my pocket. The big 5ml tank is a nice plus as well. Overall, I really like it and it'll definitely part of my rotation.

obsnano1_zps4u2bpxqs.jpg
obsnano3_zpsottndjhz.jpg

Here's an OBS Engine family portrait. They all look very similar except for the OBS etched on the top cap.
OBS Sub Engine 25mm, 25mm RTA, Engine Mini, Engine Nano

obsnano5_zpsulj2u2fo.jpg

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My OBS Engine & Engine Mini came in on Friday. So far I really like the build deck on them. Simple to wick and nice airflow so far.
Me too, really like the deck and wicking on those. The re-designed airflow on the Nano is even better than the dual coil Engines. I've been pleased with the all the Engine RTAs, really hope that OBS makes a 23mm Nano.

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its a great tank
With a 2.5 mm kanthal coil at 7.6 ohms at 4 volt has as good a flavor as my merlins or better
It did take a few tanks of juice to break the tank in but after that the tank has great flavor
No leaks even when put on its side

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
FUCK.

I thought at first I had the 25mm OBS Engine, then I though it was the 23mm OBS Engine Nano, NOW I know it's the 25mm OBS Engine Mini. Then there's a damned sub ohm tank too? This is like the three Sigelei 213 mods bullshit, I cannot keep up. Ironically, my boyfriend uses both the OBS Engine Mini and the 213 +, so maybe that's why I got them all confused for so long.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FUCK.

I thought at first I had the 25mm OBS Engine, then I though it was the 23mm OBS Engine Nano, NOW I know it's the 25mm OBS Engine Mini. Then there's a damned sub ohm tank too? This is like the three Sigelei 213 mods bullshit, I cannot keep up. Ironically, my boyfriend uses both the OBS Engine Mini and the 213 +, so maybe that's why I got them all confused for so long.

Tough to keep up with the products and changes sometimes. Maybe this helps

Engine RTA 25mm (dual coil)
Engine Mini RTA 23mm (dual coil)
Engine Sub 25mm (factory pre-made coils)
Engine Sub Mini 23mm (factory pre-made coils)
Engine Nano RTA 25mm (single coil)

No leaks is a big requirement for me. I first got an Engine 25mm and loved the no leak design but I had to turn the power much higher than normal for me to get any flavor from it. Still was kind of muted even at higher wattage. Being a single coil fan I had to next try an Engine Nano. WOW! Still no leaks and the flavor exploded even at my normal wattage of 35 watts. So I traded off my dual coil engine and bought another Nano. It's absolutely my all time favorite DL tank! So for MTL I use a Kayfun light plus or V5 with a homemade restrictor for a tighter draw. After a year off vaping I've pretty much finally found what I like. I still do both MTL and DL, I wonder if and when I'll stick with one or the other.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No leaks is a big requirement for me. I first got an Engine 25mm and loved the no leak design but I had to turn the power much higher than normal for me to get any flavor from it. Still was kind of muted even at higher wattage. Being a single coil fan I had to next try an Engine Nano. WOW! Still no leaks and the flavor exploded even at my normal wattage of 35 watts. So I traded off my dual coil engine and bought another Nano. It's absolutely my all time favorite DL tank! So for MTL I use a Kayfun light plus or V5 with a homemade restrictor for a tighter draw. After a year off vaping I've pretty much finally found what I like. I still do both MTL and DL, I wonder if and when I'll stick with one or the other.
The Nano is a great tank, glad you found something you like. As far as vaping style, I've been vaping for over two years and still go between MTL and DL. It depends on the mood I'm in and flavors, some I like vaping MTL and others DL. I vape anywhere between 17w-85w, just depending on flavor and set-ups. I'm probably in-between most of the time, slightly restricted DL.

Johnny Hotsauce

Member For 4 Years
My only knock on the Nano so far is I don't believe this thing is 5.3ml, I need to do a syringe test on capacity because I feel like this thing is more like less than 3ml. Other than that, still love this thing!

DavidOH

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What diameter coil are people using in the Nano? I've been using a 3mil coil but thinking of trying a 2.5mil to see how it is.

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What diameter coil are people using in the Nano? I've been using a 3mil coil but thinking of trying a 2.5mil to see how it is.

Im using a 2.5mm I.D kanthal at .6ohms

Placed directly between the posts and right between the post holes
My cotton is just barely in the juice channels
Im getting great flavor and decent clouds

This is a great tank for flavor

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Will they have 30 mm Nano's a year from now?
I stick with 22mm but a 23 would be ok.
That's me. I was really excited about the nano with this tank, but it won't work on the mod I take to work. Need to be 23 or less. So if any of you know of a RTA in that size, that's good for flavor and an airy MTL/restricted DL, I'm all eyes.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Exactly! I wanted one of these but 25 doesn't work for me. There is supposed to be 23mm version but I can't find them anywhere in the states.
There isn't a 23mm version of the Nano. OBS has a 23mm Engine Mini (dual coil) and a 23mm Sub Engine Mini(factory made coil sub ohm tank)
I hope they decide to put out a 23mm single coil Engine, but it seems it would have been out by now. :(

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There isn't a 23mm version of the Nano. OBS has a 23mm Engine Mini (dual coil) and a 23mm Sub Engine Mini(factory made coil sub ohm tank)
I hope they decide to put out a 23mm single coil Engine, but it seems it would have been out by now. :(

Dang, that sucks but thanks for the info.

DavidOH

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im using a 2.5mm I.D kanthal at .6ohms

Placed directly between the posts and right between the post holes
My cotton is just barely in the juice channels
Im getting great flavor and decent clouds

This is a great tank for flavor

I dropped mine down to close to 2.5 today and it was better. Running kanthal Clapton at .54 ohms at 55 watts. Top of the coil level with the top hole. Had it a week now and I'm getting it dialed in. I put it on my G2 and it was even better in TC mode. But both my G2's are desk mods with RDA's. So I'll be getting another mod soon. Watching to see if the Slice goes on sale somewhere.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
May I know the name of the most left mod that have LMC printed on it sir?
It's the iJoy Lux, they released it as a collaboration with Limitless(LMC). It's a dual 26650 mod, it's sizable but crazy long battery life. The iJoy 26650 batteries that are included with it, are actually very good.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I dropped mine down to close to 2.5 today and it was better. Running kanthal Clapton at .54 ohms at 55 watts. Top of the coil level with the top hole. Had it a week now and I'm getting it dialed in. I put it on my G2 and it was even better in TC mode. But both my G2's are desk mods with RDA's. So I'll be getting another mod soon. Watching to see if the Slice goes on sale somewhere.

I use 3.5 mm fused clapton @ 0.27 ohm and 55w. Works every time :D
I started at 3mm but had wicking problems. Took it to my local vape expert. He recommended a simple 2.5mm clapton build. Wicks perfect now. I'm gonna stick to 2.5mm. When these coils burn out I'll try 2.5mm SS fused claptons.

I leave tomorrow for a trip to the Maldives. For the first time I won't be taking a sub-ohm tank on a trip as I'm so confident that the Engines won't leak.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

DavidOH

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well dropping mine to 2.5mm helped but still wasn't preforming the way I wanted. The SS Clapton I have in is 0.47 so I thought it should do better. Turns out is wasn't the coil. It was finding the right TC settings on the Slice. Took a little time but I found what works for me so the last couple days have been much better. May get some SS wire and add it to the Clapton to get the ohm lower. And maybe not cause it's working good.

Zdots

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's the iJoy Lux, they released it as a collaboration with Limitless(LMC). It's a dual 26650 mod, it's sizable but crazy long battery life. The iJoy 26650 batteries that are included with it, are actually very good.

Thank you for the information good sir. I've been in love with Ijoy and Limitless mod for its Preheat Mode since I use RDTA BOX.

Planning to get either this or Ijoy Solo V2 for my next mod and RDTA BOX mini for my GF.

DWDawg

Member For 4 Years
OK I give up, how in the he'll do you get this dam thing apart to change the glass that I cracked?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thought you found one in a shop.
I travelled a freaking half hour bus journey and they don't have them in any more.
I was well not happy, everything else they had just didn't tickle my fancy.
Few RDA'S an I don't drip, ammit 25, cloud beast. Just too many dual coil tanks and cloud bros gear :(

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bump. :D

Anyone still tinkering with their Nano's?

Usually run a 4mm ID 6 wrap coil @ .35 without wicking issues. Last week I tried 5mm but could not get it to wick properly so I went back to 4mm. Yesterday I was at the local vape shop talking with a guy who works there and he uses the bacon cotton like myself. We were taking about wicking and basically said to put the scissors down and tear off what I need by hand. Run the cotton through the coil and thin the cotton to desired length/thickness by hand. Well, today I decided to give the 5mm a go again and wicked it the way we had discussed. Glad I did because it turned out great. The build ended being 5mm ID with 5 spaced wraps @ .36 running 50W. Absolutely no dry hits and the flavor is really popping now. The negative with the larger coil is the bottom part of the coil sits closer to the base of the deck so the tank and mod warm up faster than usual. No biggie for me though because I've already satisfied my nic fix by the time it gets warm. Really happy with how this turned out.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Nano junkie here. My favorite build is a 6 wrap 3mm ss tri core fc comes in .4-.42 vape it at 23-24w. Three in rotation now. Anything above a 3mm affects my af in a way I don't care for. Also have a Zeus and Crius 2 in rotation. Always reach for my Nanos more often.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nano junkie here. My favorite build is a 6 wrap 3mm ss tri core fc comes in .4-.42 vape it at 23-24w. Three in rotation now. Anything above a 3mm affects my af in a way I don't care for. Also have a Zeus and Crius 2 in rotation. Always reach for my Nanos more often.
Nice! I'm a junkie too. Have one stainless steal and three black. I have three new bottles of juice lined up for the black but haven't decided if I'm going to stick with the 4mm or even downsize to 3mm. The 5mm I set up is awesome but I've got 3mg of nicotine in it and I gave myself a bit of a headache earlier. Hmm, maybe I should tone it down and save the 5mm for my zero nicotine juices.

Edit: how do you like the Zeus? It reminds of a single coil version of the Wotofo Sapor rta.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Bump. :D

Anyone still tinkering with their Nano's?

Usually run a 4mm ID 6 wrap coil @ .35 without wicking issues. Well, today I decided to give the 5mm a go again and wicked it the way we had discussed. Glad I did because it turned out great. The build ended being 5mm ID with 5 spaced wraps @ .36 running 50W. Absolutely no dry hits and the flavor is really popping now. The negative with the larger coil is the bottom part of the coil sits closer to the base of the deck so the tank and mod warm up faster than usual. No biggie for me though because I've already satisfied my nic fix by the time it gets warm. Really happy with how this turned out.
I'll have to try that 5mm. You trim the cotton for the wick holes? Right now I'm running quad core fused clapton 316, 4mm, 7 wraps @.43ohms, 45w + tc 430f. @ 4mm I trim the cotton a little but leave extra for like, a mound or dam up next to the posts.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Nice! I'm a junkie too. Have one stainless steal and three black. I have three new bottles of juice lined up for the black but haven't decided if I'm going to stick with the 4mm or even downsize to 3mm. The 5mm I set up is awesome but I've got 3mg of nicotine in it and I gave myself a bit of a headache earlier. Hmm, maybe I should tone it down and save the 5mm for my zero nicotine juices.

Edit: how do you like the Zeus? It reminds of a single coil version of the Wotofo Sapor rta.
Zeus is great, lovely af. Have a 7 wrap 4mm ss framed staple in it and it's very nice. First love is still the Nanos, but pleased with the Zeus. Prefer sweeter juices in it since it's a bit warmer vape. I'm still at 8mg in all my rtas. 3mg for dripping.
5 silver and one black Nanos. Piffed a blue one, didn’t go with any of my mods.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I'll have to try that 5mm. You trim the cotton for the wick holes? Right now I'm running quad core fused clapton 316, 4mm, 7 wraps @.43ohms, 45w + tc 430f. @ 4mm I trim the cotton a little but leave extra for like, a mound or dam up next to the posts.
I leave a good sized shoulder on my Nano wicks regardless of coil size and thin tails, clip so they just tuck into juice holes.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, but I trim the cotton with my finger tips. I keep lightly pulling at the ends until I've reached the desired length and thickness. For me, this is much more effective for wicking than cutting with scissors and trying to comb out the ends that get crimped by the scissors. The ends of the cotton are thin but the cotton gets thicker as it gets closer to the coil. This makes it easier to place the ends in the juice holes without jamming the cotton into them. Another thing I forgot to mention in my previous post is once I get the cotton somewhat into position, I drop some juice on them to help shape them into place. This was my first attempt doing it this way and didn't expect it to work out so well so unfortunately I didn't take picks. Will definitely take picks the next time I do a 5mm.

Now that I think of it, I might do it later tonight since that high wattage is a bit much for my 3mg nic. I'll probably pull the wick out and use that coil in a zero nic Nano tank. Will take picks of the build when I transfer that coil to its new home.

Cool to see someone else rocking the 4mm. Sounds like you have your setup dialed in good.:cheers:

Last edited:

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Zeus is great, lovely af. Have a 7 wrap 4mm ss framed staple in it and it's very nice. First love is still the Nanos, but pleased with the Zeus. Prefer sweeter juices in it since it's a bit warmer vape. I'm still at 8mg in all my rtas. 3mg for dripping.
5 silver and one black Nanos. Piffed a blue one, didn’t go with any of my mods.
Very nice. I've been eyeing the Zeus for a bit. Looks like a fun little rta to play with.

I kinda wondered why you were vaping the Nano's in the 20W range but 8mg of nicotine makes alot of sense. Your juice must last you pretty good.

Never did understand what OBS was thinking with that blue color.

I had a Wotofo Sapor rta but it's no longer with us. It was a hot vape and at the time I used the twisted coils it came with, huge mistake. One mouth full of hot juice was all it took for me to get pissed and throw it out. I'll go ahead and say before anyone else does, I'm an idiot, lol.

VU Sponsors