Become a Patron!

OBS Crius 2

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the OBS Crius 2 which was kindly sent to me free of charge for the purpose of this review by Pearl from Cigabuy.

http://www.cigabuy.com/index.php?main_pa...hange=true

In the Box

contents:

1 x OBS Crius II RTA
1 x Spare Glass Tank
1 x Ni80 Coil pre-installed
1 x DIY Spare Parts Bag
1 x Large piece of cotton

Aesthetics

The OBS i found to be nicely packaged and once opening the drawer to reveal the OBS Crius 2 was greeted by a fine looking tank. The one sent to me is black and the Stainless Steel construction as a lovely matt finish applied which helps the metallic silver OBS lettering and chevrons at the top of the tank glisten. With Most tanks i get; my first thought is can i fit my own drip trip due to i'm not normally impressed by the supplied one; but not the case here, the resin drip tip (Dark brown with my tank) is very nice indeed (for those who always prefer to fit there own drip tip it takes a standard 510). In comparison to past tanks bearing the Crius name the Crius 2 is a stumpier affair.

Disassembling and Assembling

Nothing much to say which is a good thing, simply unscrew the bottom section from the air chamber then wiggle the glass away from the top section. The tank is assembled by reversing the process.

Specs:

Diameter: 25mm
Height: 53mm
304 stainless steel + glass construction
Removable wide bore drip tip
Top side fill design
Heat resistant
Corrosion -resistant
Bottom adjustable airflow
510 threading connection
Capacity:3.5ml
Color:Silver, Black, Blue ( Looking at the box should be 5 more colour options soon)

Build-Deck and Build

The Gold plated deck on the Crius 2 is a GTA single coil clamp post style and is as easy as it gets to fit coils. The Zirconia insulator clamp is attached to the triangular head screw so it rises and lowers as you turn the screw. The supplied triangular head screwdriver is a lot bigger than screwdrivers normally supplied probably to make it harder to lose as you do need this. I assume the Zirconia clamp is very durable as you don't receive a spare. I don't believe i've come across Zirconia before but as well as being a high temperature insulater it is claimed to have many other properties i yawned through.

There is plenty of room allowing for chunky coils and The deck also reveals that the bottom cyclops style air flow with stopper feeds both bottom and side airflows.

The only issue i found was it took me 3 attempts to get the wicking right but i'm far from an expert and most people probably will have no problems. The first attempt was a disaster resulting in major leaking through the airhole. As a result of this i went too much in the other direction and overpacked it with cotton which affected the tanks performance. Once i did get it wicked right i did re-wick it twice more to make sure i had the knack and it wasn't a fluke (i had the knack).

Filling the Tank

The tank being in the Crius family of course as the side-fill which i like very much. A slight turn with upwards pressure pops the top-cap up revealing a generous fill hole and push downwards with a slight turn seals the tank.

Performance

I used the pre-installed 0.45 Nichrome coil at 40w and i also used the tank with my own 0.25 build at 55w. With both builds the tank performed very well with very good flavour and loads of cloud. I was very impressed with the airflow, it was very generous yet the vape was smooth and the tank was very quiet. I wouldn't say the Crius 2 gives better flavour than it competitors but is certainly at least equal to them.

Conclusion

An aesthetically pleasing single coil RTA which performs as well as any of it's competitors. Very easy to build on but might need a get use to wicking it. With the Crius 2 and it's competitors it really just comes down to personal choice which could be aesthetics or a feature such has the side-fill system on the Crius 2.

Easy to build
Nice looking
Well built
Side-fill system
Excellent airflow
Very good flavour
Plenty of cloud

Dislikes

Wicking can be tricky at first.

I would like to thank Pearl from Cigabuy once again for supplying the OBS Crius 2 and you can find it here at a very good price:

http://www.cigabuy.com/index.php?main_pa...ries_id=73

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Very nice review!
I love my OBS Crius ll, have been using about 3 weeks and was surprised on how much I'd like using an RTA again! Very easy deck,wicking and flavor!
I have the original dual coil Engine and I am not a fan of it, lining up those little tabs for the chimney and the base is a PITA , tank gets too hot. The only good thing about the Engine is no leaks.
I am thinking of getting another OBS Crius ll, this time in Gold!

20170927_100200.jpg

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very nice review!
I love my OBS Crius ll, have been using about 3 weeks and was surprised on how much I'd like using an RTA again! Very easy deck,wicking and flavor!
I have the original dual coil Engine and I am not a fan of it, lining up those little tabs for the chimney and the base is a PITA , tank gets too hot. The only good thing about the Engine is no leaks.
I am thinking of getting another OBS Crius ll, this time in Gold!

View attachment 94700
How did you find the wicking? once i got it right had no problems wicking it afterwards but i found it tricky at first to get the right amount of cotton, i don't normally have issues with wicking but i might of just been having a bad wicking day.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
How did you find the wicking? once i got it right had no problems wicking it afterwards but i found it tricky at first to get the right amount of cotton, i don't normally have issues with wicking but i might of just been having a bad wicking day.
I watched one of the reviewers on You Tube, not many videos on this tank- followed what he did- So far so good.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Guys pls teach me how to open the tank and the the glass apart cause I can't seem to do it
Hold the glass while unscrewing the top cap and don't screw down so tight. Took me few refills to find the sweet spot with filling mine.

VU Sponsors