KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hi Folks,

More Power, More Violent.....what is this, the latest Gears of War game? I don’t know what to say about this mind blowing Marketing statement but yeah sure OBS I’m ready …. “The Cole Train runs on whole grain baby…..Whooooo!”

Mind you come to think of it I do like my teeth where they are, I’m adverse to spitting and insanely hot vapes, in fact I’ll “tentatively” adjust airflow on my atomiser every now and then just to live life on the edge.....oh come on get a grip man, down that wholegrain already! Let’s find out what OBS have in store after Heaven Gifts kindly sent me the OBS Crius 2 Dual coil for review.

I don’t like to make recommendations in my reviews instead I’ll share my findings to bolster your research should you be interested in the product.

9662E79E-D88A-4F82-9D29-DA5B3BE69918.jpeg

Manufacturer Specs
  • Diameter: 25mm
  • Height: with drip tip 57mm
  • Capacity: 4ml
  • Weight: 63g
  • Drip Tip: 510
  • Airflow: Slots x 4 (W:8mm x H:2mm)
  • Refill Port: W:10mm x H:4mm
  • Material in Construction: 304 stainless steel, Pyrex glass, Zirconia, Resin
  • Thread: Gold-plated 510 connection
What’s in the Box?
  • 1x Crius 2 RTA dual coil version
  • 1x Extra glass
  • 2x Clapton coils (0.3ohm)
  • 1x Spare parts bag (O-rings only)
  • 1 x cotton pad
  • 1 x Screwdriver
Available Colours: Stainless Steel, Black, (Blue: Elsewhere)

Product Information: https://www.heavengifts.com/product/OBS-Crius-2-RTA-Dual-Coil.html

Impressions and build quality

I got the Black version and it sports a similar coating to its predecessors, such as the Engine series (a Matte Black) I’m like Homer Simpson thinking about doughnuts when I see this paint job on any of my atomisers, it’s by far my favourite type even on RDA’s.

OBS styling is generally very good, they walk the fine line of interesting without stepping into vulgarity well in my opinion, and as a result I’m pretty biased towards it; having said that I would describe the Crius 2 Dual Coil as a little plain Jane. Don’t get me wrong I have nothing against Jane, but where’s my awesome reactor looking tank gone or even the fine looking single coil Crius 2!? I want it back <stamps foot>. It’s like the designer got to the outside of the tank, went for a break then came back with the 3 ‘O’ clock lull and went full on dullard…ok..ok that’s unfair, it’s not horrible by any stretch, it’s just not their usual fanciful design so I’m throwing my toys out the pram here – I’ll focus instead on function I think.

Starting with the Resin drip tip then, which to be fair is very nicely finished, comes in at a height of 10mm with a bore starting at 12mm tapering down to 5.1mm. For those who really enjoy the feel of an 810 drip tip with a 510 bore look no further this will suit your needs, however for vapers like me, who prefer a straight bore to run through the whole way, it creates a sense of being very cloudy but not in a condensed fashion.

7BC47F66-2A2D-4100-953A-5B44EC224D36.jpeg

The O-rings around the drip tip could have been slightly tighter, I found it pops in and out all too easily once lubed (that’s what she said). I didn’t notice any uncomfortable heat transfer whilst using it though, even at higher wattages. Being it is a standard 510 connection you can of course ignore all of my ramblings and use one of your own.

OBS have kept their signature “free turning” ring refilling system; it’s a very smooth pull up, plonk in your juice then push back down. The port is 10mm x 4mm. I’ve noticed it struggles to accommodate larger twist nozzle refill bottles, although my other bottles such as the 30ml PET bottles are hassle free. Whilst I find this OBS approach to be one of the most efficient it’s definitely not the cleanest, you will be wiping away excess juice when you push the top cap down. You will also notice with this design it’s susceptible to popping open in your pocket or bag, so keep an eye on that.

5F1288C7-32B2-42FC-B859-9A10E7DB871A.jpeg
3EE46009-8506-4D33-BF0C-FD39C983ACC8.jpeg

The 4ml glass section is thick and should be able to withstand a few knocks. If you happen to break it there is a spare. The top cap sits pretty flush with the glass on the Crius 2 Dual Coil so I would say use a vape band just in case.

The chamber section sits over the top of the deck and incorporates a manual juice control. You will find you need to grip the glass tank to move it but it’s a very smooth operation. The chamber inside looks very similar to VandyVapes Original Kylin but with a smaller diameter and shallower dome at the top.

CA849A42-24E8-4056-95CE-6E8C0E95C224.jpeg 0560444F-180D-4E09-BC8C-1F7B024E7AFB.jpeg

The gold plated deck pressed into the base and I wasn’t able to remove it. The positive pin isn’t adjustable rather it’s the type you would expect to see on a pre made coil tank (Smoks baby beast for instance). It’s sealed fairly well although I noticed after 4 or so days vaping (after cleaning and re-assembly). I started getting a bit of seeping at the top of the AFC.

DA37BAB8-C042-497B-AEE5-32F598CEC586.jpeg
9D989B16-FA25-4704-A474-5BFCF945E33D.jpeg

The post is a clamp system. It’s worth noting you don’t get a spare screw in the pack which is a real shame. As with any single screw mounting system it’s going to get a lot of abuse and will require tightening hard to secure the coils legs. The middle section is Zirconia, if you have used any of the OBS Crius range (minus the original) you’ll know this insulator is very hard and heat resistant so you aren’t going to suffer the same Troll RTA melting peek insulator issue.

F74790DB-6C49-4CE0-B0D4-1AC3AEE12DA3.jpeg

The Airflow control ring looks to be press fit but I cannot remove it. I noticed a small amount of vertical play which might explain the seeping I was seeing? I found it has a very smooth turning action. Moving it exposes 4 identical air slots each measuring 8mm x 2mm. The have set the ring a whisker higher than the base so you can still turn it when screwed onto the mod.

Both threading and machining quality were good on my tank so nothing to report in those areas

Finally the tank breaks down into 5 parts for cleaning and maintenance.

BE11786D-9959-42FA-B60E-B9F8EC013E43.jpeg

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Build Flexibility and Ease of Use

The deck is very similar to the Augvape Templar I’ve just reviewed in that there is a wall in the middle to split the chamber in two, I have a few RDA/Tanks with this theme and it works well.

9DF2B407-821A-49A0-9E0D-489DA7BC48DA.jpeg
AC523C87-A2C0-4F27-A425-2E5A2B5A9D3A.jpeg

Coming from my Templar review where they had also used the Zirconia insulator I was concerned about my coil leads slipping and possibly experiencing uneven firing from alternating coil legs, but I’m pleased to report I’ve not experienced either of these issues on this deck so long as it’s screwed down sufficiently tight and coils are positioned evenly.

Being you get just the one screw, which isn’t titanium, its best not to strip it early. I used my own longer 3mm diameter Phillips screwdriver to get plenty of torque on it without it slipping.

The post section is 15mm wide with each post quarter offering 5mm for leg width. You’ll be able to sport some very large coils in terms of mounting potential.
A97FED39-0885-441A-A1AC-8EEE871E5332.jpeg

You are however limited by the position of the juice wells next to the bottom airflow ports. Ideally you don’t want too much of the coil hanging over the wells otherwise you end up having issues with it wicking efficiently, or experience the cotton burning prematurely at the coil ends. With all of this in mind I’d say you are limited to roughly 8mm coil width.

B497038E-D16A-45A3-A333-752A1BCC735E.jpeg

I first ran simple Fused Clapton’s on this RTA but found the vape experience to be underwhelming (at this point I was playing about with positioning).

33769962-89AF-4D06-82FE-870955EA9B65.jpeg

I then sported some big chunky 26g tri-core claptons which helped boost its flavour although did make it drink like a muscle car. I found on the Crius 2 Dual Coil positioning my coils higher helped with flavour performance.

16955766-C32B-4A0F-A0D6-7B31BEC965A4.jpeg

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Mounting and Wicking

I found 3mm Coils work really well with this deck for both wicking and airflow. I’m also using Cotton Bacon V2 with my juice at 75% VG

There’s no need to pre-cut the legs because you will be alternating the leads and they can be cut away easily afterwards.

1) I push both coils into a central positon right up against the central post and pinch them in place with my thumb and index finger. It’s important you try to keep the legs in similar positions in the post here only because current will always take the path of least resistance so if there is a difference (i.e one is pushed to the centre like in my pic below)
2A88988A-1C5B-4753-A52A-323568D5290D.jpeg
it will naturally try to heat one coil up quicker, so you end up having to faff about pulling it out further later ...instead try to keep legs over each other like so
3C1DA7F6-FA37-4428-BCD4-C9A40C06AE81.jpeg

2) Once you are happy everything is set simply start screwing it down with your spare hand until you can release. For the final tightening you can place in a coil tool or screwdriver to keep everything horizontal.

3) After this is done using the coil tool pull them out so the coil sits over the airflow port. Check for slipping at this point as you might need to start again if you hadn’t tightened enough. If all went well you can now snip the leads away

4) I position my coils fairly high against the post looking straight on, and so they sit over the airflow as much as possible without causing a short on the chamber. (See my build flexibility and ease of use notes)

5) With deck layouts like this I always make sure my bottom leg bends in so I keep the well clear by placing a screwdriver in the well and pushing it over once mounted. It’s not necessary to do this with the top leg unless you are looking for uniformity.

6) Dry burn time …go easy with the wattage… all the normal bits here strumming the coils etc to make sure they heat evenly from the centre out with no hotspots

7) Now we are done with mounting its over to wicking …I always use the Scottish roll method (google that) insert the cotton, it should be snug without moving the coil, move it back and forth to settle it into position.

8) I cut to the bottom of the juice well. Rake away some excess beforehand so the cotton feel like its combing in the same direction
D42ACA93-0901-4CA4-929D-16F8DC3857DD.jpeg

9) Follow the line of the deck now cut the wicks at an angle. My camera was an angle here this looks a lot steeper than the actual cut see my second picture for what they end up looking like

30967AD2-F4FB-4216-ABC4-43320B56DE39.jpeg
9AFE826D-45FD-4093-9E22-15E11754C6D9.jpeg

10) Now take your tweezers and push the cotton into the wells from the bottom and work up. It’s important you don’t stuff the wells here. If you feel resistance stop and cut away the excess.

F9EF808C-FE8B-424E-BF7E-5EE00CAD8F49.jpeg

11) If you completed the above steps ok you should end up with something like the below. As you can see I have a fluffy amount of wicking covering the bottom of the well there.

FB911063-0FB6-419F-8D36-9BB2C98CF556.jpeg

12) At this point what I do is grab a pin and push it through the centre of the cotton and do the same into the centre of the wells. There should be a little bit of resistance when doing this. If you’re struggling to push it through you have used too much, if it glides through the likelihood it it’s not enough (this is a good gauge by the way when reviewers talk about “you want a bit of resistance but no too tight”)

FF6BA7FA-4FF4-45F7-B8B4-5678D4867F54.jpeg

13) Juice her up and use that same pin to make sure the cotton isn’t overhanging the airflow ports. You can also check for gaps, sculpt the cotton flat, and make sure the well ports at the bottom are filled evenly.

917DDB5F-6D8B-4493-B4EB-2CCF95BA0A0B.jpeg

14) Reassemble, close the juice ports and fill a quarter way just to make sure its wicking ok and you should be good to go!

How’s the Vape?

Even wide open this tank has a slight restriction on the draw. I like a fairly restricted draw and I’m only just noticing its wide open to give you an idea of what I mean.

I noticed once I started to close down the AFC a background whistle develops and its gets louder the more restricted you go which is setting my OCD off a little as I like to vape it at half way. It makes little difference what you do inside the chamber as the whistle is inside the base.

The draw is very smooth though despite the whistle and clouds are plentiful especially considering it’s a 510.

I’d say flavour is very coil dependant, on my fused claptons build I felt the flavour was underwhelming, however when I ran the chunky coils flavour was really good.

With all of this in mind I’d say this tank is more suited to those who like venturing into bigger builds but like a more restricted draw. It’s a shame because the smaller capacity becomes noticeable quickly, thank goodness it’s fairly effortless to refill.

Pro’s
  • Decent Flavour (coil dependant)
  • Lots of vapour production
  • Simple Design with an easy refill mechanism
  • Standard 510 drip tip connection
  • Juice flow control
  • No seeping issues under the base
  • Smooth operation of all parts
  • Paint job is excellent and stood up to ultrasonic cleaning
  • Thick glass section
  • Very easy to mount coils
  • Easy to wick
  • Quick access to the deck
Cons
  • [Personal] Not in keeping with previous tank appearances
  • Drip tip is a little loose
  • [Personal] I wasn’t a fan of the stock drip tip although its comfortable to use
  • Airflow control ring has a little vertical play
  • Airflow whistles a little bit unless almost full open
  • Capacity at 4ml
Final Conclusion

Strange one this, I’ve enjoyed all of the OBS tanks I’ve tried to date and I did eventually enjoy this one, although for at least half my review I found the experience to be underwhelming. It goes without saying some tinkering and patience is absolutely needed to get the best from this one.

Once I did find the sweet spot despite the slight whistle being annoying, the airflow is really damn smooth and flavour in the end is well above average (especially with your own 510). If I hadn’t experienced that tiny bit of seeping and had to muck about so much this would have been an easy win and another feather in the cap for OBS.

701EF232-8458-41CB-A620-7CAABD6092DD.jpeg

Thanks for taking the time to read my review, I hope the information serves you well. Until next time KingPin!

Last edited:

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, that review is more thorough than a proctologist! Absolutely well done and thank you KP. :vino:

As for the tank. It's a nice tank but probably not my cup of tea and I admit to being a bit of an OBS fanboy. In all fairness to the tank I am partial to top airflow rtas. No doubt in my mind the vape would be nice though.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Wow, that review is more thorough than a proctologist! Absolutely well done and thank you KP. :vino:

As for the tank. It's a nice tank but probably not my cup of tea and I admit to being a bit of an OBS fanboy. In all fairness to the tank I am partial to top airflow rtas. No doubt in my mind the vape would be nice though.

Thanks very much Mate .....now open wide! :D

The Draw experience isn’t too dissimilar to the Zeus RTA if that helps create a picture of where this ones at

There is the Engine 2 coming and no doubt the nano 2, the mesh variants and lastly the tri coil oh then the special edition version too :giggle:

Welcome to 2040
My review of the OBS Engine 500, nanobots prepare your tongue for the next taste tingling inhale ....

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lol, 2040? That's too far ahead mate. I'll be a geriatric by then and do well to remember where the bathroom is or the nearest bush. :D

See, you said Engine nano II and my ears perked up like dog. Now you're talking. Woof woof... where's my doggy treat?

I missed out on the first engine but am interested in the second. Really curious to see what design changes they have made to the airflow.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Lol, 2040? That's too far ahead mate. I'll be a geriatric by then and do well to remember where the bathroom is or the nearest bush. :D

See, you said Engine nano II and my ears perked up like dog. Now you're talking. Woof woof... where's my doggy treat?

I missed out on the first engine but am interested in the second. Really curious to see what design changes they have made to the airflow.

Lmao!

Am also looking forward to the engine 2, like you never did partake in the original although enjoyed the nano so will be good to see what they’ve done with it

Sure hope they have the matte black!

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Great write up KingPin. As always thorough and educational. I'm sure I will be back to reference it when mine gets here. On the slow boat so it will be a while. BTW I like the plain look, would prefer there was no branding at all and so happy there is no diamond knurling. I like a simple more understated design. Thank you for taking the time.

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great write up KingPin. As always thorough and educational. I'm sure I will be back to reference it when mine gets here. On the slow boat so it will be a while. BTW I like the plain look, would prefer there was no branding at all and so happy there is no diamond knurling. I like a simple more understated design. Thank you for taking the time.
I’ve had the crius 2 for a while and I think you’ll like it. Great flavour and the draw is nice - wide open if you like an airy tank. I close the airflow a bit to get better flavour

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I’ve had the crius 2 for a while and I think you’ll like it. Great flavour and the draw is nice - wide open if you like an airy tank. I close the airflow a bit to get better flavour
single or Dual? I have the single and like it, like the Nano more. I wouldn't have ordered this one had I known about the new Engine II.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Many thanks Letitia:hug: ...I’m normally like you as well, I can’t stand gaudy branding all over the tank but got to admit there’s something about the engine series (even the crius 2 single coil) it’s unique, for some reason the OBS name on their tanks has never bothered me. I don’t know what it is maybe because it’s always integrated as the focal point with the rest of the design leading to it and enhancing it, or perhaps it could even be the font? Whatever it is I just felt it was lacking that special aspect and that’s really what I meant.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
@KingPin! great review btw. The only thing I didn’t like about the tank is that the drip tip is a bit loose as you’ve stated

Many thanks Mate :cheers: ...reading the responses after is the drip tip also lose on the Crius 2 single coil? Never did pick that one up stuck with the trusty engine nano at the time ....should I have picked it up, you reckon it’s worth a go?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
@KingPin! Yes the single coil dt is loose but a nip dt fits snug and a couple others do too. Beefy orings are needed. Tried beefier orings on the included dt and didn't work well. Guess there is a sweet spot involved.

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Many thanks Mate :cheers: ...reading the responses after is the drip tip also lose on the Crius 2 single coil? Never did pick that one up stuck with the trusty engine nano at the time ....should I have picked it up, you reckon it’s worth a go?
It's loose on the single-coil crius 2 as well. If you like single coil atty's, I think it's an excellent one. Very underrated IMO. Great flavor and air flow.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
It's loose on the single-coil crius 2 as well. If you like single coil atty's, I think it's an excellent one. Very underrated IMO. Great flavor and air flow.

Thanks mate...I’ll keep an eye out for a sale when I next have a spend splurge gotta be the black though haha

Looking forward to seeing what they are gonna do with the engine 2 myself

ppastrmpf

Member For 4 Years
I don't mind that plain Jane design. I'd just love they went with 810. But to think it would maybe cause problems by designing their pull to fill system? Or just an old trick to intensify flavor? I ordered mine 'cause I'm sentimental when it comes to Crius. I had best vape time with my old Crius 22mm. Got some fused flaptons and aliens for that guy. Shame for the spare screw that's like 0.2cents per tank. And the name why not Crius 3. Why go like Smok baby this beast that...

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I don't mind that plain Jane design. I'd just love they went with 810. But to think it would maybe cause problems by designing their pull to fill system? Or just an old trick to intensify flavor? I ordered mine 'cause I'm sentimental when it comes to Crius. I had best vape time with my old Crius 22mm. Got some fused flaptons and aliens for that guy. Shame for the spare screw that's like 0.2cents per tank. And the name why not Crius 3. Why go like Smok baby this beast that...

I don’t know about the name either ...there seems to be this new trend of keeping the same exact name and number, but just adding “dual coil” to end

The 510 is more like an 810, at least when you vape it it feels a lot like an 810 on the draw because of how much they bored the top out

Yep missing spare screw sucks and in all honesty they should chuck in a spare insulator as well “just in case”

ppastrmpf

Member For 4 Years
I don’t know about the name either ...there seems to be this new trend of keeping the same exact name and number, but just adding “dual coil” to end

The 510 is more like an 810, at least when you vape it it feels a lot like an 810 on the draw because of how much they bored the top out

Yep missing spare screw sucks and in all honesty they should chuck in a spare insulator as well “just in case”
I guess to reduce costs. The OBS was never like Geekvape full of trinkets and spare parts. But I'd pay extra for extra quality and accessories. Why not another one drip tip to match the colored O rings for example. One thing is sure the OBS doesn't overwhelms the market with new stuff like VandyVape GeekVape and co.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I guess to reduce costs. The OBS was never like Geekvape full of trinkets and spare parts. But I'd pay extra for extra quality and accessories. Why not another one drip tip to match the colored O rings for example. One thing is sure the OBS doesn't overwhelms the market with new stuff like VandyVape GeekVape and co.

Agree with all of that for sure :cheers:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Thankyou very much snap :hug:

Do you have the engine nano too? Which do you personally prefer?
That's a hard one- I like the Nano for no leaking , the flavor is Ok , but I have the worst time lining up the tabs and getting this tank back together-and the OBS ll for really good flavor. My Crius ll has developed a small leak in the 510 pin area- not sure if it has something to do with the press fitted base, I have tried to replace all orings, and it doesn't happen all the time- but enough to be annoying.
My favorite tanks I am using now are the Vandy Vape Pyros- awesome flavor, no leaking and easy to work on the postless deck. I can use this as a single coil tank too.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Meg and VapeFan have also given a big thumbs up to the pyro ...It’s gonna have to go on the list I think
:blowkiss:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Meg and VapeFan have also given a big thumbs up to the pyro ...It’s gonna have to go on the list I think

Get the Pyro- you'll love it! My main tanks for months now. I have 2 of them. I use mine as a single coil and works very well for me, I have had No leaking.
The only con for the Pyro were the included drip tips! Does include a 510 drip tip adapter or just use your own 810 drip tip.

bhaviljain68

Member For 1 Year
Hello everyone,

I got the tank and have been using it for a few days. Everything is good for me, except for these 2 problems.

1. Sometimes the tank won't open. i.e. it will just keep spinning but the chamber will not unscrew from the deck. It takes more than a few tries of pressing and pulling to get it out and even then.. the problem below can happen.

2. In the above case, most of the times the top cap would come off leaving the chamber screwed on to the base, 1st time this happened i broke my glass as there was nothing for it to stay glued to. After than its the same thing again, the chamber keeps spinning and won't unscrew.

Has anyone else faced this problem? if yes, were you able to find a solution, or a fault at your end that was causing this issue??

Thanks in advance. :)

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hello everyone,

I got the tank and have been using it for a few days. Everything is good for me, except for these 2 problems.

1. Sometimes the tank won't open. i.e. it will just keep spinning but the chamber will not unscrew from the deck. It takes more than a few tries of pressing and pulling to get it out and even then.. the problem below can happen.

2. In the above case, most of the times the top cap would come off leaving the chamber screwed on to the base, 1st time this happened i broke my glass as there was nothing for it to stay glued to. After than its the same thing again, the chamber keeps spinning and won't unscrew.

Has anyone else faced this problem? if yes, were you able to find a solution, or a fault at your end that was causing this issue??

There is a ledge just above the afc ring that sits directly under the glass... this thinner section is used to secure everything in place and you can only get it so tight by hand before the AFC starts turning - I don’t overtighten past this point

The arrows in red show the grip points

6C6FFEBD-B952-4C76-887E-A97450B311B3.jpeg

It can be tricky to grab these thin metal sections with any tension...try using a rubber band around it to give you extra grip or the ceramic tweasers that come with a tank undoing gripper

Try to avoid any force on the glass as you say will end up cracking it

bhaviljain68

Member For 1 Year
Hi KP,
thanks for the quick reply.
Would vape bands do the trick?? I got the idea for your rubber band suggestion.
so the band is 22mm and the tank is 25mm. so if i place the band on the bottom part where the glass meet the thin metal section.. and then use it? I'm at the office right now and the tank's at home... will try this in the evening today. What do you think?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hi KP,
thanks for the quick reply.
Would vape bands do the trick?? I got the idea for your rubber band suggestion.
so the band is 22mm and the tank is 25mm. so if i place the band on the bottom part where the glass meet the thin metal section.. and then use it? I'm at the office right now and the tank's at home... will try this in the evening today. What do you think?

Give it a go mate ..i often just use a damp tea towel which gives enough grip and for real stubborn bastards my cermic tweazer with a gripper (it twists anti clockwise to unscrew) just try to avoid pushing down on the glass! Oh and lift up the top cap to release the pressure lock

By the way i did go back and check the afc portion underneath should get to a stop point and then allow you to unscrew it...if this is broken you are going to have one hell of a time stripping down and cleaning after every re-wick. Id return it as faulty if you can and when you get to new one dont gorilla tighten it

:vino:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks KingPin!
Love that needle trick!

Many thanks mate :cheers:...happened accross that one with the uwell D2 when Im wicking it (its exactly the same style well as this but on a smaller scale) so the needle really helps to figure out if I’m going to get a dry hit or not

bhaviljain68

Member For 1 Year
Give it a go mate ..i often just use a damp tea towel which gives enough grip and for real stubborn bastards my cermic tweazer with a gripper (it twists anti clockwise to unscrew) just try to avoid pushing down on the glass! Oh and lift up the top cap to release the pressure lock

By the way i did go back and check the afc portion underneath should get to a stop point and then allow you to unscrew it...if this is broken you are going to have one hell of a time stripping down and cleaning after every re-wick. Id return it as faulty if you can and when you get to new one dont gorilla tighten it

:vino:
Thanks on the top cap tip.

For the other thing.. the afc coming to a stop.. i didn't fully understand what you are saying..

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks on the top cap tip.

For the other thing.. the afc coming to a stop.. i didn't fully understand what you are saying..

the airflow control ring is at the bottom of the atty, it only turns so much to open and close as there is a stop point ...using that stop point allows you to unscrew the base from the chamber

Maybe I read your intital post incorrectly in that you said it just turns freely?

ppastrmpf

Member For 4 Years
Finally got mine spend a week with it using the sent coils which are 0.2x0.8mm core and 32AWG Kanthal(magnetic no resistce change). I'll try higher to set coils to see. I had no leaking just a bit of condense. And I love it. What coils do you recommende for this baby? I've noticed the chamber ain't so big and it gets warm when above 70W but this baby doesn't need more than 65 for great flavor but like Kingpin said it comes to your build.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Finally got mine spend a week with it using the sent coils which are 0.2x0.8mm core and 32AWG Kanthal(magnetic no resistce change). I'll try higher to set coils to see. I had no leaking just a bit of condense. And I love it. What coils do you recommende for this baby? I've noticed the chamber ain't so big and it gets warm when above 70W but this baby doesn't need more than 65 for great flavor but like Kingpin said it comes to your build.

The big chunky buggers I had in here were 3x26g with a 38g wrap, all SS unfortunately I had the fire it on my parralel mech as resistance was borderline 0.09ohm think I’ll go kanthal cores next time to bump it up just slightly ...3mm ID 5wraps (I just say 6 but two are half’s)

Staples, aliens or framed stage or aliens will all do the job also :)

I found dual core fused Clapton’s a little underwhelming personally

ppastrmpf

Member For 4 Years
The big chunky buggers I had in here were 3x26g with a 38g wrap, all SS unfortunately I had the fire it on my parralel mech as resistance was borderline 0.09ohm think I’ll go kanthal cores next time to bump it up just slightly ...3mm ID 5wraps (I just say 6 but two are half’s)

Staples, aliens or framed stage or aliens will all do the job also :)

I found dual core fused Clapton’s a little underwhelming personally
I bought from Wotofo 3core claptons that by Wotofo should ohm about .2 in dual when setting came 0.08 so no way... have to build my own.

bhaviljain68

Member For 1 Year
Hey guys... Any idea where i can get a replacement glass for this?? Most vaping site dont have it.

I sent an email to OBS, but no reply... this was over a month ago

Thanks

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Hey guys... Any idea where i can get a replacement glass for this?? Most vaping site dont have it.

Thanks
Did you try searching by specs on google?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Thanks

Sadly I do not, take it you cracked the spare that comes with it too?

I did look around for you today but I couldnt seem to find anything either other than plenty of crius 2 (single coil glass) I don’t know if they share the same measurements or not as I don’t have the single coil tank? @Letitia9 do you know

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
@Letitia9 do you know
No I don't. That's just what I do. You can usually find the specs on the manufacturer's site, but may have to guess on glass thickness. You might try emailing Iwodevape, they sell replacement glass or many tanks and may know the specs.

bhaviljain68

Member For 1 Year
Sadly I do not, take it you cracked the spare that comes with it too?

I did look around for you today but I couldnt seem to find anything either other than plenty of crius 2 (single coil glass) I don’t know if they share the same measurements or not as I don’t have the single coil tank? @Letitia9 do you know

Nup.. I didn't break the spare one... but in the offchance that I do, It'd be good to have another one available
I came up with the same result in my search... many available for the single coil version..but none for the dual coil version.
I'm sure they dont share the same glass, I checked on the website.

Well here's to hoping that I dont break this one as well.. :p

bhaviljain68

Member For 1 Year
To anyone who might be facing the problem of the chimney not detaching form the base... the answer is heat.
Fire up your mod a few times and while the tank is still hot .. unscrew the tank from the mod and then the base. Works every time for me

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
To anyone who might be facing the problem of the chimney not detaching form the base... the answer is heat.
Fire up your mod a few times and while the tank is still hot .. unscrew the tank from the mod and then the base. Works every time for me

Nice find thanks mate :cheers:

bhaviljain68

Member For 1 Year
@KingPin!
Hey KP, Could you please have a look at this wicking and tell me what possibly could be wrong?
I'm not getting any leaks, the flavor is decent, but the vape itself is not very smooth.
I'm using the coils that came in the box (0.23 ohms in dual) and cotton bacon for wicking. Firing @ 60-65 watts.

Overall its very "choky" at those watts. The vape is hot, beyond my liking, if I go higher and there's also a noticeable flavor loss.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180612_105252.jpg
    MVIMG_20180612_105252.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 7
  • MVIMG_20180612_105254.jpg
    MVIMG_20180612_105254.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 7
  • MVIMG_20180612_105256.jpg
    MVIMG_20180612_105256.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 7
  • MVIMG_20180612_105258.jpg