Become a Patron!

O Ghod, I juist focked-up, went into another vape shop...

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
..and got what I went there fer, PLUS a knock-off of the 'AR mod..35.00, and it's a mech (dirt-simple..) it was adjusted by me, before I left the shop, and after two hours of use, I determined that reliable function of the switch is determined by the side-ways play, in the lower (negative) batt. contact. It you try to fire it, dead-center..cold. If you apply just a LITTLE lean, works well, winds up a tad slowly, but lights the tank up, 'bout three seconds. Tough, pretty well machined device. The copper contact within the switch could be a shade fatter, say a few hundredths of an inch, this would drastically improve firing reliability. ( the cylindrical section, that engages the cap.) I thought the dude who sold it to me, as well as two batts, and some juice, was bullshitting, 'bout the magnetic sw., NAH, he wasn't. It appears the Valkyrie knock-off won't be in my hands, 'till monday..dammit..

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It appears that there is a copper contact plate, under the nylon or Delrin insulator, within the switch, if I re-fab this plate, with a hole jest a shade or so smaller bore, the switch will be MUCH more reliable...does indeed need some side-force, to reliably fire. The thing needs JUST enough room, to allow free travel of the contact shaft, no more. When I run across some hard copper, in sheet or round, I'll be looking fer my lathe tools. Never turned copper...brass would work, but less conductivity. NAH, no contact plate...just metal finish, the slightly small diameter of the copper switch plate, where it contacts the bottom cap..I might have to see if the finish is plating, or some lacquer, I can remove..

Last edited:

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's exactly why I like springs. They're not fragile like magnets and provide an additional path for current. Don't have to rely on shaft/bore contact.

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's exactly why I like springs. They're not fragile like magnets and provide an additional path for current. Don't have to rely on shaft/bore contact.
The magnetic switching on my Valkyrie knock-off has YET to fair to fire...it's my goto, when at home, or don't mind toting a dripper bottle.

VU Sponsors