Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/r...council-officially-implements-e-cigarette-ban

The state Public Health and Health Planning Council voted Tuesday to move forward with a ban on flavored e-cigarette products in New York

The ban is effective immediately but there will be a two-week grace period on enforcement. However the governor’s office said that doesn’t mean stores are allowed to sell the rest of their inventory during that time.

The new restrictions will apply to vendors selling the products but not people who already have them in their possessions. This weekend the governor announced he was taking the emergency executive action in response to a series of deaths linked to vaping across the country.

Those who opposed the measure argued evidence shows the deaths seemed to be connected to the use of illicit and black market products, not the e-cigarettes many use and sell. However, in a statement following the council’s vote, Cuomo maintained a hard line – pointing to adolescent use as the key issues.

“It is undeniable that vaping companies are deliberately using flavors like bubblegum, Captain Crunch and cotton candy to get young people hooked on e-cigarettes – it’s a public health crisis and it ends today,” he said. “New York is not waiting for the federal government to act, and by banning flavored e-cigarettes we are safeguarding the public health and helping prevent countless young people from forming costly, unhealthy and potentially deadly life -long habits.”

Last week, President Donald Trump said he would be in favor of a ban but the federal government has not taken action yet. The state said flavors are largely responsible for the increase in young people using e-cigarettes.

Cuomo also promised to advance legislation preventing deceptive and misleading advertising to youths.

“The alarmingly high numbers of young people in New York State who are using vape products is nothing short of a public health crisis,” Health Commissioner Howard Zucker said. “These regulations are a part of many critical steps we are taking to combat this disturbing trend. We will continue to be aggressive in our efforts to prevent nicotine addiction and bad marketing practices under Governor Cuomo’s leadership.”

Critics said in banning flavored vaping, the administration could be pushing thousands of people who had used the product as a “reduced risk” tobacco alternative, back to smoking. Members of the industry said they are considering legal action.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, congrats... Two weeks of no sales - a class-action suit sounds interesting, but it won't save many, many biz.

bikerboogieman

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
They sure are going to be surprised when this doesn't stop youth vaping. The black market will surely fill the void of legitimate businesses. Damn, I can't believe people vote these idiots into office. Further evidence that elections have consequences.

While I'm still able, I got you covered Snap...

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
They sure are going to be surprised when this doesn't stop youth vaping. The black market will surely fill the void of legitimate businesses. Damn, I can't believe people vote these idiots into office. Further evidence that elections have consequences.

While I'm still able, I got you covered Snap...

Hard working New Yorkers don't vote these people into office, we are a minority here. It is the one of the biggest welfare states in the nation- those are the people that vote these idiots in office-
:headbang:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hard working New Yorkers don't vote these people into office, we are a minority here. It is the one of the biggest welfare states in the nation- those are the people that vote these idiots in office-
:headbang:
Agreed. And the NYC population, unfortunately. Honestly if it didn't mean leaving my son I have with my ex-wife, I'd be moving the hell out of New York. I thought about that long before this, but this is the straw that would've broke the camel's back.

My advice is this for anyone living in NYS:
If there's nothing tying you here, MOVE THE FUCK OUT. It's only going to get worse.

Sent from the Death Star

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Agreed. And the NYC population, unfortunately. Honestly if it didn't mean leaving my son I have with my ex-wife, I'd be moving the hell out of New York. I thought about that long before this, but this is the straw that would've broke the camel's back.

If there's nothing tying you here, MOVE THE FUCK OUT. It's only going to get worse.

Sent from the Death Star
As much as I agree with you, moving will probably not help. Another person died today due to the “vaping health crisis”. This will be everywhere. It’s only a matter of time. How many states are we up to now that are looking at banning flavored e-liquid? More than half a dozen, I think. And I’m sure a dozen more are gearing up. NJ and their vaping task force?? It’s a bipartisan issue. Save the fucking children.

I have two kids, btw. I love them dearly. But if they were in middle/high school and I found out they were vaping, I’d kick their asses.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As much as I agree with you, moving will probably not help. Another person died today due to the “vaping health crisis”. This will be everywhere. It’s only a matter of time. How many states are we up to now that are looking at banning flavored e-liquid? More than half a dozen, I think. And I’m sure a dozen more are gearing up. NJ and their vaping task force?? It’s a bipartisan issue. Save the fucking children.

I have two kids, btw. I love them dearly. But if they were in middle/high school and I found out they were vaping, I’d kick their asses.
I've been advocating like crazy on FB, but I'm met with crickets. No one but us gives a shit and it's so sad. This is a slippery slope... precedent set where a single person can decide what a "health emergency" is and take rights away from the people they serve.

I wish someone would argue with me, engage somehow. I'll keep doing it, but it's not looking good...

Sent from the Death Star

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sent from the Death Star
But, remember: Miami will be washed away in a year!

Irked Particle

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 1 Year
@SnapDragon NY & everyone else in NY (& MI, for that matter), I'm really sorry to see this.

That's very kind of you to offer services to those who will soon be in need, @R3alJim Shady.

India just banned e-cigs for that entire country, including 106 million smokers, according to CBC News. And no flavors for them at all, just jail time if caught.

The world is losing its mind like it always seems to with manufactured crises...and cigarettes will be there to soothe everyone when the dust settles & the smoke rises.

But I know none of us will ever give up hope. Some of the finest people I've met have been here on VU, & we'll always have each other's backs. :)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/r...council-officially-implements-e-cigarette-ban

The state Public Health and Health Planning Council voted Tuesday to move forward with a ban on flavored e-cigarette products in New York

The ban is effective immediately but there will be a two-week grace period on enforcement. However the governor’s office said that doesn’t mean stores are allowed to sell the rest of their inventory during that time.

The new restrictions will apply to vendors selling the products but not people who already have them in their possessions. This weekend the governor announced he was taking the emergency executive action in response to a series of deaths linked to vaping across the country.

Those who opposed the measure argued evidence shows the deaths seemed to be connected to the use of illicit and black market products, not the e-cigarettes many use and sell. However, in a statement following the council’s vote, Cuomo maintained a hard line – pointing to adolescent use as the key issues.

“It is undeniable that vaping companies are deliberately using flavors like bubblegum, Captain Crunch and cotton candy to get young people hooked on e-cigarettes – it’s a public health crisis and it ends today,” he said. “New York is not waiting for the federal government to act, and by banning flavored e-cigarettes we are safeguarding the public health and helping prevent countless young people from forming costly, unhealthy and potentially deadly life -long habits.”

Last week, President Donald Trump said he would be in favor of a ban but the federal government has not taken action yet. The state said flavors are largely responsible for the increase in young people using e-cigarettes.

Cuomo also promised to advance legislation preventing deceptive and misleading advertising to youths.

“The alarmingly high numbers of young people in New York State who are using vape products is nothing short of a public health crisis,” Health Commissioner Howard Zucker said. “These regulations are a part of many critical steps we are taking to combat this disturbing trend. We will continue to be aggressive in our efforts to prevent nicotine addiction and bad marketing practices under Governor Cuomo’s leadership.”

Critics said in banning flavored vaping, the administration could be pushing thousands of people who had used the product as a “reduced risk” tobacco alternative, back to smoking. Members of the industry said they are considering legal action.
I think the scum bags that cut the THC with E-oil and sold blackmarket, should be jailed.
The deaths related to e-cigarette use is from these (DNK)carts, and the so called politics where they are trying to blanket the blame on all e-juice is flat out negligent and wrongfully blamed. No one that has the power to do this banning knows ANYTHING about what they are talking about and refuse to look at the evidence before calling for all these so called bans.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I would expect a cascade of cases of those poison carts, since the twits obviously bought them on the sly and now will be required to buy all of them on the sly. Brillant move.

Of course, a few months of Darwin-In-Action and the problem may solve itself.
Give Darwin a helping hand by stocking up on vitamin E acetate... it will be solved much faster that way. :giggle:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Yay- I am so glad that my SauceLA order shipped 1,200 mls to add to my already well stocked eliquid cabinet. Since I have been cutting out nicotine for almost a year- I ordered most of these in zero nic.
Very sad news for sure- these Vape Bans won't solve anything except drive some vapers back to cigarettes or that adults looking to try quitting cigarettes with vaping(the much safer alternative) will not have that chance. Without vaping I would have never been able to conquer my over 30+ year cigarette addiction. Many times I had tried and failed to quit smoking, until one day I walked into a store and instead of buying a pack of cigarettes I bought the Mistic Bridge kit- some cartos and Haus eliquids, gave myself 2 weeks to cut back cigs, set my quit date December 1,2014 and have to this day almost 5 years later have not picked up another cigarette or even craved a cigarette- Vaping to me is a miracle- I will always be grateful.
I am also grateful for all the wonderful people I have met at Vaping Underground, I truly appreciate this forum and its people. There are many generous, kind and helpful people here, willing to lend a helpful hand to anyone who needs it!
I am not dependent on Factory coils- and have been stock piling mods and RTAs and RDAs and eliquid.
Kind of knew this day would be coming, and praying it never would.

VU Sponsors