Become a Patron!

Nude Nicotine: My vendor experience and review - 2016

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nude Nicotine

I typically do not leave good or bad reviews on products or vendors, however this time I feel I need to.

1st -- The order time. I received notification that the order was being formulated on the 21st and did not receive a shipping notification until the 28th -- I received the package via USPS Priority mail in the 3 days as based on USPS shipping times. This evening, on Dec 6th, I received an email saying that my order has left the laboratory. Um -- really? I already received it.

2nd -- The product received was enclosed in a sealed bag that had a lot of "liquid" around the bottle and in the bag. I was not sure if this was nicotine or not, so on with the rubber gloves to remove the product from the bag. First thing I noticed was that there was not ID number to identify the batch of the product or any type of date code. I didn't care for that at all. Upon opening the bottle, I did find that there was a air tight seal under the lid.

3rd -- This comment # is purely subjective to personal preference / taste. In my opinion, this nicotine has a very harsh throat hit, not peppery, but very harsh / burning feeling. My mixes are only at 3%, so I did not expect this at all. I have used Wizard Labs nicotine (very harsh and peppery) and VapersTek nicotine (smooth as can be).

4th -- This comment # is the most critical and least personal preference of all of them. This nicotine made three of my vaping family, including me, feel ill and queezy upon using this nicotine, yes, even at only 3%. This concerns me very much and as of this evening I have dumped the three 30ml juice mixes that I had remaining as well as the 30ml bottle of unfrozen nicotine from my order. I still have the remaining 210ml of 100mg nicotine in my freezer that will not be used.

----------------

I attempted to contact Nude Nicotine on December 6, 2016 via email and their website before posting anything negative publicly about them. As of today, December 13, 2016 they have yet to respond or attempt contact with me. They also have not allowed by product review to be "approved" on their website. Therefor, I am now publicly reviewing their company and product in an effort to caution other buyers in the DIY community.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll second Phantoms experince ...I don't know what is going on with NN but their customer serivce has hit the skids..I haven't had this much trouble from a vendor in a long long time.I won't order from them anymore....

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Based on eJuice me up --- a 30ml batch is only 0.9ml of 100mg/ml NIC @ 3%.

2016-12-21 21_22_06-eJuice Me Up_VU.jpg

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bought a few gallons of 100 mg nic from NN over the last year, don't have any problems to report.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lately t
Bought a few gallons of 100 mg nic from NN over the last year, don't have any problems to report.
lately they've taken a long time to get my orders out and when I ask about them they don't respond very quickly....they used to be alot more responsive.and quicker.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lately t

lately they've taken a long time to get my orders out and when I ask about them they don't respond very quickly....they used to be alot more responsive.and quicker.
That's a shame, they were really good in the past.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
C'mon man. Where's the flavor recipe
Once perfected I will share it with the community. It's in "testing" currently. Kinda :blech: at the moment.
It's a spin off of a "dragon's blood" kinda thing.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You're the first person I've read about having problems. Hopefully it's just Christmas rush on their end.

If I received a bottle with leakage, I'd blame the postal service. I've had some packages arrive which look like someone dragged um from California to Arizona, and kicked um a few times for good measure.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I ordered November 19th. However, that doesn't answer for the effect it has on myself or wife.

The only way I could have shaken it more was to hook it to my variable speed disc sander.
Sounds like the strength is way over 100mg. Taste a drop of your 3mg mix. If it tingles. That nic base is way over 100 mg.

gabrielpanoussi

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Here is my experiences with NN

ME
has order 47715 shipped? I have not recd it or email stating it was shipped if it has not been shipped please change to 100mg in 100percent vg base. please advise.

THEM
According to the tracking the package was left in the mailbox. Here is the tracking to verify.

ME
that was the tracking number to the first order that arrived with a leak. I called and was told that I would be shipped another ssample sealed better. that is when I got an email stating that the formula has left the lab. this is the replacement. I never got a second track number or second email leetting me know that thisreplacement sample was sent.
so in short that number was probably duplicated but I never got the second sample to replace the first one that arrived damaged in the mail if you have not created the sample yet please create one at 100 milligramnicotine density West 100%vegetable glycerin

THEM
I have requested the lab send the 100mg 100VG sample. I hope that helps.

ME
cleardot.gif
excellent thank you very much. Looking forward to finally sampling your product as I have heard good things,

ME AGAIN
Has this been created yet? Shipped? It has been a long time since I initially placed the order that arrived damaged.

Original order 11/19 arrived damaged 12/2. Reported as damaged to nude Nicotine on 12/2, 12/6 sent email sample has left the lab with no follow up email that it has been sent. 12/17 This email inquiry. 12/19 New sample formulation authorized to lab per this email. Since then no further communication from lab or about product bieng shipped with tracking, This is now aprox 40 days from the initial sample request placed on 11/19.

GUESS WHAT NO MORE THEM. No usable sample. The first one came all leaky and I don't want to touch it so when I talked to the guy on the day I received my leaky sample I threw it out. Over a month later and no replacement no communication.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yours> I got an email stating that the formula has left the lab.

Phantom's> I received an email saying that my order has left the laboratory. Um -- really? I already received it.

Sounds like quality control and order people were at fault on that responce

gabrielpanoussi

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yours> I got an email stating that the formula has left the lab.

Phantom's> I received an email saying that my order has left the laboratory. Um -- really? I already received it.

Sounds like quality control and order people were at fault on that responce

Some internal communication issues for sure, or maybe they outsource the mixing I don't know or care to. This is not a good way to gain a customer by sending out samples. That being said damn it I really want to try their salt nicotine hit but I am gun shy for obvious reasons.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was just commenting on the similarities on that one part, I would say that I'd be leery hearing that Phantom and family got ill using it as well, that's pretty scary.:huh:

gabrielpanoussi

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
In the interest o being completely fair today I received an email from stamps.com with the following subject line...
Nude Nicotine has sent you a package I will spare you the body of the mail but it includes a tracking number for something sent 3 day mail.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm kind of surprised nobody from NN has come on the thread to offer any kind of explanation.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm kind of surprised nobody from NN has come on the thread to offer any kind of explanation.
So am I -- I was kinda hopeful that they would. I've still yet to get any response to now 4 emails. My "review" is still pending approval.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ordered a bottle of the salts nic about 10 days ago, it should arrive tomorrow. Strange your having problems with them.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They don't like me. :D
That's OK, I don't like their NIC either. :blech:

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is very worrisome. I have been using NN for a long time now, its always shipped fast and taste is hardly noticeable, and smooth.

I started using them because my nic before went south suddenly and wasted so much of the nic base and finished stuff. I had been using them for over a year.

Now I have a few liters of NN in the freezer and hoping that when I do open them up they are not gross. I doubt they will do anything to help me if its been months from the date of purchase.

Im hoping this is a first time event. Maybe the holidays, etc. By any chance did you order your nic in PG or VG base? I order nic in all VG its was smooth as can be. I tried a small bottle in all PG and the taste was totally different and harsh.

Last edited:

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im hoping this is a first time event. Maybe the holidays, etc. By any chance did you order your nic in PG or VG base?

I am hoping so as well. I did purchase a NIC test kit and just remembered to pull my Nude Nic out of the freezer that I had remaining from the last order. I will get it tested this week and find out if it is just a VERY VERY strong batch (not 100mg/ml).

I only order VG based NIC as I run 30/70 and 20/80 juice.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I seem to remember that once a long time ago they had a mix up in the strength of some nic they sent out, but that was the only time I've heard of anything like that.....as for their quality I can't fault them, I've always been satisfied with the products they've sold....it just takes a little longer to get it than my other supplier.....

gabrielpanoussi

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So my sample had arrived a day after my last post in this thread. I hoped for a freebie given all the hassle but no such luck. Now mind you this is the first mail order nic I have ordered. However, I can tell you that the VG nic base is better imo. The PG base leaves a pepper taste that seems to get stronger with steeping kind of kills my flavor. Do not have that issue with the VG base nic through them. I will try the Chemnic once I am done with the 15 ML sample from NN. It may be a while.

gabrielpanoussi

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am hoping so as well. I did purchase a NIC test kit and just remembered to pull my Nude Nic out of the freezer that I had remaining from the last order. I will get it tested this week and find out if it is just a VERY VERY strong batch (not 100mg/ml).

I only order VG based NIC as I run 30/70 and 20/80 juice.
Scary... I know we don't like regulation but this is where GMP compliance comes in. All shipments must absolutely be tested before shipping to the end customer. You know to avoid things like death from acute nicotine toxicity. You want to make it custom order by order by hand? Each batch must be tested to assure proper strength.

VU Sponsors