Become a Patron!

NRG GT coil dry hits....

This is my first post and I have a question...haha duh. I am new to vaping and I have been running into some problems. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if my equipment is faulty.

I have two mods; Alien 220w with the X Baby tank and Revenger X with the NRG tank. I have been using the Revenger most lately since I just bought it. I have been using both coils that come with the tank and I have experienced my problem in both of them. When I first install the coil, GT core, the flavor is great but after about 150 uses during a long inhale, about 3-4 seconds, I get the dry hit flavor. I get that maybe the juice is being vaporized before it can be replenished, but really? I watch reviewers take hits just a long and there is no complaint. It seems the GT coil is more problematic that the Smok coil. The Smok coil seems to perform better than the Vaperesso GT coils. The GT coils' flavor falls off so much faster than the Smok coils. Good thing they are interchangeable.

Am I doing something wrong? I prime the coils and I use the correct wattage.

I did just found out something new tonight. When I inhale harder I don't quite get the dry hit after a long inhale. I understand by inhaling hard it is pulling the juice in to the cotton.

Any one have a opinion or suggestion?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You really can't expect much from premade coils from any company. The best method is make your own coils, then you can rewick when the flavor diminishes. Making your own coils is as easy as tying shoes, watch a few videos. You'll also save a shit load of money.

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try poke a couple holes in each window of the coils to promote juice flow. Use a needle so you don’t flood the coil.

You really can't expect much from premade coils from any company. The best method is make your own coils, then you can rewick when the flavor diminishes. Making your own coils is as easy as tying shoes, watch a few videos. You'll also save a shit load of money.
I definitely want to do this. I need to do more research fot my best option. RDA, RTA or RDTA.

Try poke a couple holes in each window of the coils to promote juice flow. Use a needle so you don’t flood the coil.
I have heard this before.

I installed a Smok Q2 beast cool in the NRG tank and it performs much better than the GT 8 coil.

NineNine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
This is my first post and I have a question...haha duh. I am new to vaping and I have been running into some problems. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if my equipment is faulty.

I have two mods; Alien 220w with the X Baby tank and Revenger X with the NRG tank. I have been using the Revenger most lately since I just bought it. I have been using both coils that come with the tank and I have experienced my problem in both of them. When I first install the coil, GT core, the flavor is great but after about 150 uses during a long inhale, about 3-4 seconds, I get the dry hit flavor. I get that maybe the juice is being vaporized before it can be replenished, but really? I watch reviewers take hits just a long and there is no complaint. It seems the GT coil is more problematic that the Smok coil. The Smok coil seems to perform better than the Vaperesso GT coils. The GT coils' flavor falls off so much faster than the Smok coils. Good thing they are interchangeable.

Am I doing something wrong? I prime the coils and I use the correct wattage.

I did just found out something new tonight. When I inhale harder I don't quite get the dry hit after a long inhale. I understand by inhaling hard it is pulling the juice in to the cotton.

Any one have a opinion or suggestion?
Welcome to the VU..

VU Sponsors