Become a Patron!

Not sure if for here or elsewhere, but fuckin.... other forum.

damndirtyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I didn't get banned which is why I didn't put it there, but I'm pretty much over that place. Fuckin ECF dude.

This absolute idiot twat was on there before spouting off tons of incorrect information about how regulated mods work. First another user, then myself, tried to correct. He refused to back down.

This member has had problems with.... everyone.... on ECF. There are plenty of assholes there but he takes the cake. He seems to literally think that he knows better than everyone else, when I'm not sure he knows the right answer on anything.

Things became unhinged when he accused me of stalking him around the forum because I dared to reply to an assholish comment from his from a few days ago, after getting the notification today. After his baseless and crazy accusations, I reported the post.

WHICH is really why I'm venting, because the mods over there handle this kind of shit worse than any mods I've seen. One person was clearly in the wrong, 10 people get chided. I am about as mad that a couple of other users got called out by this mod as I am that she pretended I was even part of the issue.

Of course I'm biased and think I was right, but after literally 6-7 other members who I respect more than the average ECF dick confirmed that this is just what this idiot does, I feel particularly not in the wrong.

I've stayed there just to stay in touch with the people I actually care about, but most of them are here anyway.

It's so fucking stupid. I will never, ever, ever apologize for trying to correct wrong information, and I will never apologize for pushing back when someone can't admit they are wrong. It isn't often that I'm sure i'm right, factually, but this was one of those rare times.

/rant

Sorry.

I feel better.

GBusafvet95

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Glad you feel better. A good rant can be quite therapeutic.

Checking that place out a couple times, I've determined that this place is way mo' bettah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damndirtyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
No question. VU is way more fun. I still do appreciate ECF simply for the sheer wealth of info amassed by its members over time, but that is completely distinct from finding it fun any longer, is not unique to ECF, and is more about the members than the site.

When the rules of a site-- or else, over-zealous sanctimonious mods-- prevent you from being able to reasonably defend yourself from baseless, borderline-crazy accusations, I consider that a problem.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Well Ranted Good Sir:vino:

My guess is that this guy is only there because he is buddy buddy (AKA Kissed the proper asses) of one or more of the mods.

IMHO but that seems to be the way things work down there.

GBusafvet95

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is the 1st forum of any kind I've been an active participant on in years. I've really only ever been on a couple, but the reasons you stated are the reasons I left.

I was hesitant to join another, but I'm very glad I did.

This is the only forum I'm on and that includes Facebook, Twitter and the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damndirtyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks everyone. I know I don't have to say it, but it's certainly nice to be able to lay it out when necessary.This one really pissed me off. I haven't had quite the same issues with ECF as others over most of my time there, but that's partially because I was away for a number of years. It's been pretty rough since I came back 2 years ago, and awful in general since Roxy. This is the first time it's really blown back on me but I've seen enough to be pretty fucking over it.

I honestly didn't think about the rampant favoritism, but I'm sure you're right that's what's going on. Honestly they probably wouldn't have even told him off if it hadn't been so clear how in the wrong he was.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks everyone. I know I don't have to say it, but it's certainly nice to be able to lay it out when necessary.This one really pissed me off. I haven't had quite the same issues with ECF as others over most of my time there, but that's partially because I was away for a number of years. It's been pretty rough since I came back 2 years ago, and awful in general since Roxy. This is the first time it's really blown back on me but I've seen enough to be pretty fucking over it.

I honestly didn't think about the rampant favoritism, but I'm sure you're right that's what's going on. Honestly they probably wouldn't have even told him off if it hadn't been so clear how in the wrong he was.

I didn't get banned there either, but when I got suspended for something I didn't even do, I knew it was time to say "adios assholes," and came over here -- I actually signed up here when it first started, but I was dealing with my own problems at the time, and had briefly gone back to dual-use, so I kinda forgot about VU, for nearly 2 yrs. But I'm sure glad VU is here! It's nice to have a sane alternative to the pure bullshit insanity over there.

C'mon in and join us in the ECF Refugee thread -- we're all crazy, but *fun* crazy. :D

Andria

damndirtyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I will join! I think I've posted in there some a long time ago. I do have my badge!

This makes me wonder, what do you think the chances are I could be suspended or banned over this thread on another forum? Has that happened? If it does, it does... just curious.

But yeah that's basically what happened here. There were no real ramifications, again only because I think it was so clear the other guy was in the wrong, but everyone got chided even though one particular person was being a humongous dick and everyone else was trying to clear up what was actually true.

Pure bullshit insanity is right, which is why I'm not actually worried about any blowback this could have over there. I do imagine there are plenty of lurkers reporting back.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
About 1 in 5 of my posts there get pulled. I don't think of myself as a trouble maker . If i was to be banned, it wouldn't bug me in the least.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I will join! I think I've posted in there some a long time ago. I do have my badge!

This makes me wonder, what do you think the chances are I could be suspended or banned over this thread on another forum? Has that happened? If it does, it does... just curious.

But yeah that's basically what happened here. There were no real ramifications, again only because I think it was so clear the other guy was in the wrong, but everyone got chided even though one particular person was being a humongous dick and everyone else was trying to clear up what was actually true.

Pure bullshit insanity is right, which is why I'm not actually worried about any blowback this could have over there. I do imagine there are plenty of lurkers reporting back.

Nah, somone was stirring shit lately, saying that someone here was going over there tattling, and we had quite a bit of fun with that, in the refugee thread. :D I posted in all caps exactly what I thought of retarded1 AND his fucking dog, and his bitch asswife too. :giggle: As far as I know, as of about a month or so ago when I was over there looking for a specific someone for whom I had a hardware question, my acct there is still "in good standing" (as if I give a shit!).

I really don't have a serious problem with forum moderation, when it's carried out "adult to adult," I mean rules are rules and nobody's perfect, right? :D But being treated like a fucking kindergartner when I'm goddamn 56 yrs old.... no. Just no. I have more respect for myself than to put up with that sort of shit.

Andria

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm still trying to figure out why a supposed forum that is for adults doesn't allow you to express yourself as an adult... 'Fuck' is in my most basic vocabulary and the ONLY, the ONLY, person I Censor myself for is my mom!!!

Edited to correct my godawful misspelling of censor :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::oops::oops::oops: forgive me I'm exhausted and my sleeping schedule is fucked

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
tintin.jpg

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

Since I have not been banned, even though I used the same user name over there, I doubt that you need to worry about it.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF has the biggest collection of "know it all" that don't know shit.

I walked away from helping a noob with ss wire because a know it all decided that every thing advance vape supply suggest for ss use is bullshit. Hope that noob is still alive.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm still trying to figure out why a supposed forum that is for adults doesn't allow you to express yourself as an adult... 'Fuck' is in my most basic vocabulary and the ONLY, the ONLY, person I sensor myself for is my mom!!!

I asked that same question while I was still over there, and the answer was that the forum had to be "work friendly." Umm.... most employers frown on surfing the interwebz when you're at work, NO MATTER the fucking content of the page(s) -- so if you're web surfing while at work, you undoubtedly are about to have a much bigger problem than some 4 letter words OR asshole moderators!!! :facepalm:

Andria

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I asked that same question while I was still over there, and the answer was that the forum had to be "work friendly." Umm.... most employers frown on surfing the interwebz when you're at work, NO MATTER the fucking content of the page(s) -- so if you're web surfing while at work, you undoubtedly are about to have a much bigger problem than some 4 letter words OR asshole moderators!!! :facepalm:

Andria
Not to mention half the work force, give or take some %, uses non politically correct, "work-friendly", language. What a bunch of whiny babies!! :facepalm::slowclap:

I apologize for my spelling error. :facepalm::oops: Had to edit my original post. :facepalm:

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sounds like a sandbox full of cat shit. I'll just stay over here on the merry-go-round.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Nah, somone was stirring shit lately, saying that someone here was going over there tattling, and we had quite a bit of fun with that, in the refugee thread. I posted in all caps exactly what I thought of retarded1 AND his fucking dog, and his bitch asswife too.

No :poop: - that was fucking hilarious

"Someone is telling Brand X forum what you guys say on the very public internet!"

damndirtyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I just can't even. Just rereading this makes my blood boil.

Thanks everyone for the supportive posts, it really really did make me feel better to get it off my chest.

Also, re: whether or not I get banned on there, I agree it's unlikely to happen, but here's a ridiculous fucking anecdote regarding their rules on swearing: my name on ECF isn't actually the same on here, because they wouldn't let me use DAMN in my username. FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

So either way my two UNs are similar, but not the same. Eye roll.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just can't even. Just rereading this makes my blood boil.

Thanks everyone for the supportive posts, it really really did make me feel better to get it off my chest.

Also, re: whether or not I get banned on there, I agree it's unlikely to happen, but here's a ridiculous fucking anecdote regarding their rules on swearing: my name on ECF isn't actually the same on here, because they wouldn't let me use DAMN in my username. FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

So either way my two UNs are similar, but not the same. Eye roll.

Yeah, you'd think that well over a year after the fact, I would have calmed down a lot, over retarded1's treatment of me, but that's only true if I don't think of that asshole at all -- anytime I really remind myself of it, I get mad all over again. THAT is why I won't go back -- other than those occasional incidents of wanting to ask some particular person a particular question -- in PMs, I assure you. I will NEVER post on their "open" forum, ever again, because I won't feed fascists. Fuck 'em straight in the ass.

Andria

damndirtyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm not quite there yet but it's getting close. My recent problems were all from asswife but I've seen all the problems with retired.

I'm the same way as you, so I get it. I had problems with another, non e-cig related forum YEARS ago and it still pisses me off when I think about it. Which is admittedly not often, but when it comes up, definitely. That was another forum with moderators who thought they were gods.

the whole thing is just crazy. It should be fun. They make it not fun.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not quite there yet but it's getting close. My recent problems were all from asswife but I've seen all the problems with retired.

I'm the same way as you, so I get it. I had problems with another, non e-cig related forum YEARS ago and it still pisses me off when I think about it. Which is admittedly not often, but when it comes up, definitely. That was another forum with moderators who thought they were gods.

Yea and then you'll get the assholes that will post things like "get over it" or "why hold a grudge" They can kiss my ass too:cool:
tumblr_ooctq00XmB1vnghdeo1_540.jpg

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Yeah, asswife too. She wasn't DIRECTLY involved in my suspension, that was all retarded1, but she and I had an issue a few days before that, when I called a troll a troll, and she says 'we don't treat our users that way.' No, you just fucking alienate the really good ones, so they fucking leave and never come back! BITCH!

Yea and then you'll get the assholes that will post things like "get over it" or "why hold a grudge" They can kiss my ass too:cool:
tumblr_ooctq00XmB1vnghdeo1_540.jpg

Well hell Whiskey, didn't you ask me once if I was ever gonna get over it? :giggle: My answer is: I'm over it... I'm HERE, not there. But everytime a new refugee shows up here with yet another tale of how fucking horrible they are over there, it reminds me all over again, how much I hate them. And I don't hate lightly; I reserve it for where it's truly deserved!

Andria

damndirtyvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

RIGHT?! I'll hold whatever grudges I want, thank you very much!!

@AndriaD I'm also the type to call a troll a troll, which is pretty much what happened here, in not-so-few words.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
RIGHT?! I'll hold whatever grudges I want, thank you very much!!

@AndriaD I'm also the type to call a troll a troll, which is pretty much what happened here, in not-so-few words.

Hell, I didn't even use any words; I just posted this:

trolldetected.png

...in response to someone claiming that vaping destroyed their teeth! :facepalm:

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think I remember that thread...

Late Jan, early Feb, 2016. After she sent me her little poisonous PM, I was just all yeah yeah yeah whatever. Then fucking retarded1 suspended me a few days later, for a post I had made TWO WEEKS PREVIOUSLY, in which I used the word "herbs", and he claimed I was talking about that verboten other stuff... which is always designated in the SINGULAR, not the plural! Then when I sent a protest msg via their contact link, he had the nerve to fucking insult me. At which point, I wrote off ECF completely. Someone later told me that one of the moderators there with whom I always got along well asked what it would take for me to come back -- I replied, a PUBLIC apology from retarded1, followed by running him over with a bus -- and take pictures!!! :giggle:

Andria

VU Sponsors