Become a Patron!

Northland Vapor Company - Borealis Vapor (3 flavours)

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at 3 flavours from the Borealis Vapor Line which are manufactured by the Northland Vapor Company. The 3 Borealis Vapor flavours were supplied for the purpose of this review by Jason from the Northland Vapor Company.

https://northlandvapor.com/

Northland Vapor Company are an e-liquid Manufacturer and distributor based in Fargo, North Dakota and supply many of there own e-liquids as well as distributing e-liquids for other company's. As well as e-liquids they also sell some bits of hardware and apparel. They also have great time limited deals popping up and offer military discount which is always good to see.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is the "About Us" section taken from their website:

ABOUT US

OUR COMPANY

At Northland Vapor Company, we believe that there is a huge void in the highly competitive electronic cigarette market. Generally, there is a trade-off when it comes to eLiquids; quality of ingredients suffers with most cheap brands, but not with us.

At Northland we do things a bit differently. We source top-quality, raw materials to make premium eLiquid, while still being a cost-effective alternative to smoking cigarettes, and remaining highly competitive to other eLiquid companies.

We are a mostly family owned, family ran American company. Based out of Fargo, North Dakota, we are able to offer you high quality eLiquid that is genuinely quality, and not too costly. Being geographically centrally located helps save you money on shipping costs too.

Aside from our already low prices, we offer constant deals in rotation over on our deals page, which you can check out anytime. Chances are, we're running a sale on our already low priced 120mL bottles.

Love to blow clouds but hate spending $25 or more per 30mL a bottle to do so? Trying to find Nic Salt eLiquids but don't want to buy disposable pods? You're not alone, and you don't have to throw away another disposable cartridge or pay those outrageous prices anymore.

WELCOME TO THE NORTHLAND

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Borealis Vapor Line is a premium e-liquid range that consists of 7 interesting flavours and come in 60ml Gorilla bottles. The e-liquids come in a choice of 3 nicotine strengths, 3mg, 6mg and a TPD compliant 0mg. The 7 flavours in the range are:

FORAKER
DENALI
ELBRUS
RAINIER
MATTERHORN
BLACKBURN
ALVERSTONE

I was sent 3 of the flavours to try and give my thoughts on, the flavours i received were:

BLACKBURN

RAINIER

MATTERHORN

Testing Equipment

The e-liquids i received were 3mg in nicotine strength but the VG percentages varied, i can only assume these are Max VG apart from flavourings are PG based. The VG percentages are 90% for Blacburn, 88% for Rainier and 85% for Matterhorn, i tested the flavours on 2 different set-ups, to get some consistency i will be using the same equipment as my last few reviews but with fresh coils.

The first set-up was in the Smoant Naboo Tank on the Smoant Naboo using a mesh stock coil 0.20ohm resistance at 50W.

The second set-up was the Vapefly Horus RTA on the Sigelei Evaya using a Staged Fused Clapton 2x28 Kanthal Cores, 40 N80 Binding, 26 N80 staged heating wire, 3.0mmID, 5/6 wraps 0.30ohm (+/- 0.03) resistance at 45W.

The cotton used was jellyfish.

Pictures of equipment used but not at the time of testing.

My Experience Trying The Borealis Vapor E-liquids

BLACKBURN
https://northlandvapor.com/collections/b...rn-eliquid

On opening the bottle Blackcurrant is the prominent aroma but not a sharp Blackcurrant but more of a Blackcurrant Yogurt, with deeper smells their is a hint of something else in the background which has quite a strange aroma, at this stage i can't identify what it is. The inhale is smooth and creamy, layered with Blackcurrant not sweet but not over sharp, sitting very much in the background is a strange acquired taste which i'm not too sure on to start with. The exhale see's the background flavour more noticeable and now very identifiable as Fig. This e-liquid is a grower, the more i vaped it the more the fig worked with the Blackcurrant and it has a creaminess i haven't come across before with a Blackcurrant flavour which gives it a nice smoothness. The aftertaste is a very pleasant creamy Blackcurrant.

SCORE 8.75/10

RAINIER
https://northlandvapor.com/collections/b...er-eliquid

On opening the bottle the aroma is not over strong but possibly because it's cream with just a hint of lime zest and butter. This e-liquid is not for someone having a bout of vapers tongue, the flavours apart from cream are mild yet well crafted. The inhale see's a thin layer of butter rich biscuit sitting in the background but very understated then there is cream and lots of it infused with zest of lime that makes an understated appearance rather than being in your face. The exhale does see more zest and slightly less cream leaving an aftertaste of cream and a refreshing bite. A very nice e-liquid flavour!

SCORE 9/10

MATTERHORN
https://northlandvapor.com/collections/b...rn-eliquid

On opening the bottle cinnamon and banana totally dominate the aroma so a good thing i like both. The inhale see'e a strong cinnamon flavour upstaging the banana which i'm not sure is the intention but those cinnamon lovers will like this as the other flavours compliment it. Both caramel and nut come and go but are very much background flavours and a creamy custard just stops the e-liquid being a dry vape as so many cinnamon rich flavours can be. The Exhale doesn't see much change apart from slightly more caramel and the aftertaste is very much as the open bottle smelt a blend of cinnamon and banana.

SCORE 8.5/10

Final Thoughts

3 very different flavours from one another, Matterhorn is one for the cinnamon lovers, i really thought the Blackcurrant and Fig combination of Blackburn worked well (a grower that tastes better the more you vape it) but the standout was the very understated yet well crafted Rainier, a take on Key Lime Pie.

I would once again like to thank Jason from the Northland Vapor Company for supplying the 3 flavours from the Borealis Vapor Line for the purpose of this review.

https://northlandvapor.com/

VU Sponsors