Become a Patron!

Norseman's Review on the Supercar Squonk Box from 5GVape

Norseman Mech

Member For 4 Years
JbOKyqv.jpg

I received this Supercar Squonk Box free of charge from 5GVape for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

iXRyWmf.jpg

Packaging
This comes in what must be the coolest packaging I have gotten any products in since I started doing reviews. It is a wooden box with the 5GVape logo and the name printed on top and it is held together with a strap.

JoXdArM.jpg

When you open it up you will see the device on one side and on the other you will find a spare juice bottle, a bag with 2 o-rings and an allen key, 2 small peek insulator disks in various thickness and a card with a QR code that will take you to a competition.

WuvA1ak.jpg

The Device
It is a wooden mechanical squonk box that you can get in 3 different colors and the one sent to me is the red rosewood box mod and it is built for the use of a single 18650.

I had no expectations on this device before I got it and after getting it and looking over it I must say that I am positively surprised on the high quality it has. It is really well built and the wood is just beautiful.

NTEplxc.jpg

The battery door slides into place and it fits really good and it doesn’t rattle or do anything other than intended. It has a couple of magnets at the bottom that holds it in place and they do their job really well.

wOlCBgP.jpg

On the box you will find a couple of engravings, one on the front and another on the backside, the one on the front is the 5GVape logo with the name written underneath, on the backside it is a super car with the name of the device and at the very bottom you will find the serial number. All the engravings and serial number are crisp and deep.

adB722q.jpg

On the internals the battery contacts are silver plated for what I assume the best conductivity possible. The 510 connection however is made out of brass as well as the contact point on the 510 inside the box.

While I talk about the 510 connection 5GVape has unfortunately used a non spring loaded 510 which means that the extra peek insulator disks that comes with it will come to use in order to make the RDA to sit flush. It also comes with a couple of o-rings that goes onto the top of the 510 in order to seal it and prevent any juice to get on the mod itself.

tj3idiO.jpg

And to change the peek insulator disk you have to disassemble the 510 connection and if you decide to change RDA you might have to do the work all over again if the 510 pin is longer or shorter than it was on the RDA you used before.

j23rRwl.jpg

This to me is totally unnecessary since there is some really good spring loaded 510 connections they could have used on this box. It is basically a shame that an otherwise good squonk box get to be downgraded just because of the 510 connection and the hassle with it.

The 8ml juice bottles it comes with are really soft silicone ones and they have been a pleasure to use. They are easy to fill and I have had no leaking at all so the SS cap really does it job well.

RYQbobb.jpg

The button itself is made out of 304SS and the end directed towards the contact plate is covered with a peek insulator which prevent it from leading any current. The circuit is closed when the contact plate meet the contact point on the 510 connection and the travel on the button is not very long, a couple of mm maybe.

It does hit really good and I haven’t had any misfiring or hot button in the time I have used it. One other thing is that I can’t see any signs of arcing on any of the contact points which to me is really positive.

It would benefit from having a battery strap to make it easier to take the battery out when it is time to change it, as it is now you have to hit the mod against your hand in order to get the battery out. Not a big deal but would still have been nice to have a strap.

Assessment
My overall assessment is that this is a really good squonk box despite the 510 connection but I do wish that 5GVape would consider to change it out to a spring loaded one to improve the user experience. The build quality on the device is really good and it is hitting well.

Can I recommend it to others?
If you don’t mind taking the 510 apart whenever the new RDA you put on it doesn’t sit flush I can only say go for it. It does work well, it is priced fair and it is a beautiful well built mod.

Pros
Well built
Beautiful wood
Hits good
Good juice bottles
Silver plated contacts
Squonks well

Cons
Non spring loaded 510
The hassle of changing peek insulator disks
No battery strap

Parameters
Width: 27mm
Height: 79mm
Length: 47mm
Red Rosewood, Brown Walnut, Wood Beech

Package includes
1 x Supercar Squonk Box
2 x O-rings
2 x Peek insulator
1 x Allen key
1 x Card with a QR code

You will find it here
Supercar squonk box can be found on efun for $39.99, 3fvape for $39.88 and Fasttech for $39.45.

And before ending this review I want to point out a few things of importance to those new to mech mods and also the seasoned user. Remember to always pay attention to…
Battery safety
Ohms law
Keeping your mech mod clean at all times. Meaning the connections, button and internally.

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman

Last edited:

VU Sponsors