Become a Patron!

Norseman’s Review on the WidowMaker RDA from Vandy Vape

Norseman Mech

Member For 4 Years
yBqDqxO.jpg

I received this WidowMaker RDA free of charge directly from Vandy Vape for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

0wrhcil.jpg

Packaging
This came in a sample box that had a sticker on it that says it’s solely for trial-production and it does also say sample several places on it. So the retail package is going to be something we have seen from Vandy Vape before. I will despite that show the box it came in.

FBL7MLD.jpg

The RDA
It is a 4-piece 24 mm RDA made for dual coils and it is made in collaboration between El Mono Vapeador and Vandy Vape. The first impression I get when I open the box is that there is a lot going on with this RDA since it comes with not only one airflow ring, it comes with three of them and they are all different.

4lYk7v6.jpg

Lets start with the deck, it has four individual posts kinda like the ones in the Drop RDA and they do hold the wire real good. The post holes are around ? mm in diameter and should be able to hold some pretty fancy Aliens or a Triple Fused Clapton without any issues at all.

4F7WFst.jpg

It is real easy to build and it got plenty of room for the wick despite the fact that the juice well is really on the shallow side with only 2 mm in depth. It is actually deeper than 2 mm, but with the cutouts made on the outer rim of the deck to be able to tighten the post screws it ends up at 2 mm. Without those cutouts it could have been around 4 mm deep, which still is pretty shallow.

7h2QscM.jpg

The airflow rings are all different and the one attached on delivery has 15 small holes on each side of it, another has a cyclops shaped hole on both sides that is 4 x 1 mm and the last has a single hole on each side that measure 4 mm in diameter. I haven’t had any issues with it whistling or make any other noises with any of the airflow rings in use.

hC14q5M.jpg

The airflow ring with the big hole and the one with 15 small holes on each side are something I would use if I would be interested in clouds and the one with the cyclops shaped hole for more restriction and flavor.

Irck4BH.jpg

I got one gripe with the airflow rings and that is the sweating that goes on at the bottom of it thanks to the lack of a second O-ring at the bottom, what doesn’t seem to be much of an issue is actually worse than it looks at first since the mod gets real wet under the RDA.

ugy8OQK.jpg

The top cap on this RDA is basically made to offer the user the possibility to use 810 drip tips and you must be wondering why I say that. Well… the second drip tip added in the package is a proprietary drip tip that replaces the top cap with its 810 drip tip. Both the top cap and the proprietary drip tip are both domed at the top to provide better flavor.

L5Yuwua.jpg

I have tried it with a few of the 810 drip tips I have and they all sit nice in place on top of it. Another thing I haven’t had much issues with is the O-rings, since most hold everything nice and snug in place, but the O-rings holding the barrel is a bit too strong, since you need to pull pretty hard to get the barrel off.

oD5WBBH.jpg

How does it vape you might wonder by now? All I can say is that I have had a nice experience with it and besides the sweating from the AFC-ring it has performed real good and provided me with good flavor.

mQx4fRI.jpg

Assessment
It is a nicely made RDA with a lot of extras in the package such as the three airflow rings and the extra proprietary drip tip. The overall quality on things is good and I got nothing to complain about really, besides the shallow juice well and the strong O-rings that hold the barrel, and of course the sweating from the AFC-ring.

Can I recommend it to others?
If you are looking for a new 24 mm RDA that can provide you with good flavor and also comes with some extra stuff, then this might be your thing. It got good flavor and it is priced fair.

Pros
Machining
Good flavor
Hybrid safe
Squonk ready
O-rings
Easy to build
510 drip tip adaptor

Cons
Really shallow juice well with only 2 mm depth thanks to the cutouts on the outer rim of the deck
O-rings that hold the barrel is to strong
The sweating of liquid at the bottom of the AFC-rings

Parameters
Width: 24 mm
Height: 30 mm with the drip tip
SS, Matte Black, Gold, Rainbow and Gun Metal

Package includes
1 x WidowMaker RDA
3 x Airflow rings
1 x Frosted Delrin/Ultem 810 drip tip
1 x Proprietary drip tip
1 x 510 drip tip adapter
4 x Spare Phillips post screws
1 x Squonk pin
1 x Set of Ni80 fused claptons
1 x Screwdriver
2 x Allen Keys
Spare O-rings

You will find it here
WidowMaker RDA

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman

My Instagram

VU Sponsors