Become a Patron!

Non vape related. Vet related

OK try to make this simple. I need help or advice on what to do.

I'm a disabled vet, who's been 100% approved. I've been. On it for a year now. Recently the VA is trying to cut my % to 10%.

I have a rare type of cancer that is 99% found in ppl who are 50+ of age. I was 23 when diagnosed. All doctors say it's impossible to have this type and thought it was mis diagnosed. I was flown to Texas cancer center and was proven to be military related. I worked on satellite in operation. They said being hit constantly with radiation like that caused it.

Now the VA says it just bad luck of draw. Anyone know of outside resources that help with VA stuff like this?

I'm not trying to get free money but going through chemo radiation, a year on a feeding tube, and having a upcoming surgery to remove my throat, esophagus, and 1/3 of my stomach. I definitely will be unable to do heavy work.

Any help thanks.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Were you ever stationed at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina?

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just asked because they just admitted that the water there was poison and causes cancer. Check with the local VFW and ask about help groups that help vets.

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
yikes... you can always try a service organization like VFW and/or ask for a VSO at the VA.
That sucks. Good luck with that fight but more importantly good luck with your bigger fight. Prayers with you.

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK try to make this simple. I need help or advice on what to do.

I'm a disabled vet, who's been 100% approved. I've been. On it for a year now. Recently the VA is trying to cut my % to 10%.

I have a rare type of cancer that is 99% found in ppl who are 50+ of age. I was 23 when diagnosed. All doctors say it's impossible to have this type and thought it was mis diagnosed. I was flown to Texas cancer center and was proven to be military related. I worked on satellite in operation. They said being hit constantly with radiation like that caused it.

Now the VA says it just bad luck of draw. Anyone know of outside resources that help with VA stuff like this?

I'm not trying to get free money but going through chemo radiation, a year on a feeding tube, and having a upcoming surgery to remove my throat, esophagus, and 1/3 of my stomach. I definitely will be unable to do heavy work.

Any help thanks.

The VFW provides VA Liaisons, American Legion and Purple Heart Foundation provide the same liaison services that can help you keep your benefits. Best of luck to you and yours brother, and sorry to hear they're trying to fuck you like that.

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VFW or DAV. I believe DAV will also help finding a pro bono lawyer if needed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sporkdroid

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Also check with your local congressional representative's office, many have a veterans case worker and constituent representative. I had a friend down here that even after getting rated at 60% we could not get into the VA for a year. Spoke with our local representative veterans case worker and had an appointment letter mailed in less that three weeks.

Good luck!

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
VET Center is a great organization, also DAV

MEENMAN83

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You need to take the others advice and you must also maintain your patience and keep hammering away at them bro. I had colon cancer and had my intestines removed and an internal pouch made that will last another 30 years then ill need a permanent bag. Initial rating was 60% after 3 years of fighting I got to 90% (would be 100% however I am rated at 94.9%...lol...) Also when applying to raise a % you need to show how the injury has gotten worse, example with my abdominal surgical scar tissue area I have 2 hernias, 1 at top of surgical site 2nd by the stoma scar, but I am awaiting to go on R&R to re-apply and I already have doctors outside the VA saying the hernias happened from the surgery and scar tissue site. This will drastically raise my chances of them getting rated as you show proof from an outside doctor(s) that the surgical site you received from active duty caused the follow on condition/injury. Just stay calm, shop around for a solid VSO, read up on biological hazards from previous stations and keep on them gently but firmly ;)

VU Sponsors