Become a Patron!

Non-smokers vaping

Hey guys, I was curious what the consensus was on people who vape, but never smoked. I personally have never smoked, but I always saw a certain allure to it, and I honestly feel if I hadn’t started vaping curiosity would’ve killed the cat and I’d probably be smoking right now.

I know many people say “why start if you not dependent on it?” Or “if you don’t need to quit smoking what’s the point of vaping” but the same question could be asked if people who start smoking. We all know it’s bad for us, but all lot of people still liked it enough to start and ended up getting hooked on it.

I personally enjoy nicotine and vaping is a healthier way for me to get it. Plus I just flat out enjoy the sensation and the nicotine buzz. I’m not a cringy high school kid “hitting the Juul” either. I have a fully customized mod and I know what I’m doing. In fact I’ve never even used a juul before. I’m just a college student that uses vaping to relieve stress and I’ve even helped convince my friends to quit smoking and switch to vaping.

Regardless of whatever problems we might find out vaping causes in the future, we already know it’s better for you than cigarettes so I say if you like it do it. I don’t encourage anyone to pick up vaping, but if they were thinking about smoking I’d rather them vape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I don't really care one way or another.

Nicotine has plenty of scientifically documented benefits.
Now people don't have to die a decade early in order to enjoy those benefits.

For those of us who smoked and switched like me I am able to have my cake and eat it too.
I got to quit smoking without having to quit nicotine.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys, I was curious what the consensus was on people who vape, but never smoked. I personally have never smoked, but I always saw a certain allure to it, and I honestly feel if I hadn’t started vaping curiosity would’ve killed the cat and I’d probably be smoking right now.

I know many people say “why start if you not dependent on it?” Or “if you don’t need to quit smoking what’s the point of vaping” but the same question could be asked if people who start smoking. We all know it’s bad for us, but all lot of people still liked it enough to start and ended up getting hooked on it.

I personally enjoy nicotine and vaping is a healthier way for me to get it. Plus I just flat out enjoy the sensation and the nicotine buzz. I’m not a cringy high school kid “hitting the Juul” either. I have a fully customized mod and I know what I’m doing. In fact I’ve never even used a juul before. I’m just a college student that uses vaping to relieve stress and I’ve even helped convince my friends to quit smoking and switch to vaping.

Regardless of whatever problems we might find out vaping causes in the future, we already know it’s better for you than cigarettes so I say if you like it do it. I don’t encourage anyone to pick up vaping, but if they were thinking about smoking I’d rather them vape.

A lot of vapers come unglued to hear about nonsmokers vaping - but I am not one of them

Especially your statement about being attracted to cigarettes - best to go straight to vaping if that is the case and cut out the tobacco addiction, that truly sucks

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot of vapers come unglued to hear about nonsmokers vaping...
Nicotine by itself is no worse than caffeine which nobody except the Mormons seems to have a problem with. I have been lifting weights and taking fanatically good care of myself for 13 years this week. Except for being an insulin dependent diabetic, which is being well managed, I am in perfect health. Blood pressure 107/78, "cholesterol" a little low, resting heart rate in the 70s and I can pinch about an inch and a little change from my stomach. Not to mention that I can move some fairly impressive iron. Especially for a soon to be 55 year old man.

After a year of dtl vaping probably 15 mils a day (a guess), of commercial juice I add nic salts to, to boost the nicotine, none of that has changed. The doc says all vitals still as above, no measurable impact on my aerobic capacity and I've gained a few more solid pounds in the gym. If that were not the case, I would quit.

I always hated smoking. That's why I never did it. That's also why I'm thrilled to see vaping getting so many away from it. However, smokers do not have some exclusive right to the pleasures of vaping, and or the fun of the hobby. If anybody doesn't like that , that's... like tough :)

I personally use nicotine to help regulate my anxiety and stress. It helps me stay positive throughout the day and relax. Without it I think I’d be living a much more stressful life and be a much more negative person. It also helps me focus and stay calm when the pressure is on. I have ADD so the stimulus of the nicotine combined with my medication helps me to stay alert in class and focus.

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Bump lol

Interesting fact about some of my friends that are underage. A few of them that didn't smoke started vaping cuz it was cool, u know big clouds bunch a smoke and the cools tricks u can do as well all the different flavors. Yes it attract the crap of them and that's something the FDA in America is all too familiar with/scared of.

Well oddly a friend of mine took up real smoking as well, now he's vaping less and smoking (not sure if he's crazy or just trying to fit in with the rest of China). That was odd but ya kid still vapes but not really in public and not really at home, I duno where else he vapes. (He went from mech to pod and he doesn't even use it often when he has it out)

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Bump lol

Interesting fact about some of my friends that are underage. A few of them that didn't smoke started vaping cuz it was cool, u know big clouds bunch a smoke and the cools tricks u can do as well all the different flavors. Yes it attract the crap of them and that's something the FDA in America is all too familiar with/scared of.

Well oddly a friend of mine took up real smoking as well, now he's vaping less and smoking (not sure if he's crazy or just trying to fit in with the rest of China). That was odd but ya kid still vapes but not really in public and not really at home, I duno where else he vapes. (He went from mech to pod and he doesn't even use it often when he has it out)

I guess it was inevitable that kids would start smoking again in reaction to vaping, but will any politicians tell them not to smoke?

How much nic are you using now, btw?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

susieqz

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
boy. i don't get you guys at all. vaping is tons of work n is very expensive.
if i didn't need nic i wouldn't bother.
i'm spending a couple hundred/month n i have other uses for that money.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

I agree. But smoking is so expensive too. A pack is @ $14 here, so it does add up to @$100 every few days for two ppl. Crazy.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Tons of work? I think you need to rethink your approach to vaping My cost per week for vaping is less than one pack of smokes with DIY e-Liquids and buying factory made coils. Clean a tank and screw in a new coil takes about as much time as mixing up a bottle of what I want to vape.

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I guess it was inevitable that kids would start smoking again in reaction to vaping, but will any politicians tell them not to smoke?

How much nic are you using now, btw?

its china, no one really cares unless they are being told by the big boss.

im on standard 3mg and under, i can do 6 as well but i think thats it.

in china most ppl arent in it to quit smoking.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
No, I guess smoking is okay in China. Lol

3mg is low, so you’re at least not in danger there. :) But health wise you’re a poster boy for vaping. It’s great!

The kids smoking and vaping was bound to happen. They’ll quit or no, eventually.

Welcome and have fun here. :)

VU Sponsors