Become a Patron!

NN "Smooth" Salts

ttatlanta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just wanted to give a shout out to the Nude Nicotine's "Smooth" salts nic base. Mixed a few bottles of 4mg liquid yesterday, put them in an ultrasonic bath overnight and sampled this morning.
  • No "added taste" whatsoever, at least I cannot detect any at this concentration.
  • No TH from the nicotine. My "Supermax VG" (VG based everything) liquids had no TH at all.
  • Friggin' potent! Had a nic buzz as if I was vaping on a 6 or even 8mg liquid.
Tested in: Kayfun v5, Engine, Engine Nano, Boreas, CSMNT, Tsunami.

Chased2Deth

600 flavors later....
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Just wanted to give a shout out to the Nude Nicotine's "Smooth" salts nic base. Mixed a few bottles of 4mg liquid yesterday, put them in an ultrasonic bath overnight and sampled this morning.
  • No "added taste" whatsoever, at least I cannot detect any at this concentration.
  • No TH from the nicotine. My "Supermax VG" (VG based everything) liquids had no TH at all.

@ttatlanta I agree. I recently switched to NN but had only tried their regular nic base. Last order I ordered the 100mg/ml "Smooth" salt nic base (The word salt :eek:scared me). I did some research before I ordered but man was I happy once I tried it. Its almost like 0mg @ 3mg I didnt get any off flavor from it or throat hit at all and I typically vape 3mg @ 80-90 watts. Really good stuff I recommend giving it a try IF you don't like any throat hit.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My first nicotine order was from NN. I got a small bottle to try it out and was turned off immediately. It was peppery AF. I then went to vaperstek and was satisfied with virtually tasteless nic. I trust your posts but its hard to go back after being burned once by them.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I tried the Smooth and loved it at first. Smooth like you say and it had no taste until it aged over a couple months. It became dark amber and I thought it gave my diy juices an odd taste. Then tried the Signature. It has a chemical smell to it, benzoic acid I suspect, that I didn't notice in the Smooth. I didn't care for the flavor effect it had. Currently trying a new nic salts from Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers. Great so far, Smooth, no strong chemical smell, no effect on flavor. Will see how it does as it ages.
Who vapes nic salts at 4mg haha. Made for using at high nic for pod mods and low power devices. I vape it at 36mg in a Myjet pod juice and 24mg in an ego mega tank, or a KF V3+ clone at 10 to 11W. About 2 ml or a little more a day total. I guess if you're vaping lots of juice at higher power DL 4mg makes sense though. You're right, you feel the nic without the harsh throat hit.

I vaped NN regular nic for years and never found it to be peppery like MFS and some others.

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I've been wondering about the nic salts.
I'm going to have to get a bottle to try it next time I reup on supplies. :)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried the Smooth and loved it at first. Smooth like you say and it had no taste until it aged over a couple months. It became dark amber and I thought it gave my diy juices an odd taste. Then tried the Signature. It has a chemical smell to it, benzoic acid I suspect, that I didn't notice in the Smooth. I didn't care for the flavor effect it had. Currently trying a new nic salts from Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers. Great so far, Smooth, no strong chemical smell, no effect on flavor. Will see how it does as it ages.
Who vapes nic salts at 4mg haha. Made for using at high nic for pod mods and low power devices. I vape it at 36mg in a Myjet pod juice and 24mg in an ego mega tank, or a KF V3+ clone at 10 to 11W. About 2 ml or a little more a day total. I guess if you're vaping lots of juice at higher power DL 4mg makes sense though. You're right, you feel the nic without the harsh throat hit.

I vaped NN regular nic for years and never found it to be peppery like MFS and some others.
Hey Wolf, How you finding this new nic salts...I vaped nic salts for awhile, and honestly I don't know if they are worth the added expense.....I am not sure if they actually deliver more nic into the bloodstream as free base or what we call our normal nic...I keep reading different things...that nic salts allow you to vape a higher level of nic,but it doesn't absorb into the body as fast as our regular nic. what do you notice...the only nic salts I've used are NN...I have a pretty good sense of taste and I noticed the same thing you did...initially the smooth had no effect on flavor, but after oxidizing a while it really changed the flavor of the juice in a way I didn't like...I get my nic from Carolina extracts..

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hey Wolf, How you finding this new nic salts...I vaped nic salts for awhile, and honestly I don't know if they are worth the added expense.....I am not sure if they actually deliver more nic into the bloodstream as free base or what we call our normal nic...I keep reading different things...that nic salts allow you to vape a higher level of nic,but it doesn't absorb into the body as fast as our regular nic. what do you notice...the only nic salts I've used are NN...I have a pretty good sense of taste and I noticed the same thing you did...initially the smooth had no effect on flavor, but after oxidizing a while it really changed the flavor of the juice in a way I didn't like...I get my nic from Carolina extracts..
Ive never tried Carolina Extracts but have heard that it's excellent nic. I like NN nic and Vapertek regular nicotine, I think both of these are very good. I use nothing but nic salts these days though, I'm spoiled by their smooth vape. I mixed up some regular nicotine and I just don't care for it anyore, lol. I use 80PG/20VG diy, and the nic salts helps cut down on the harshness of the PG by lowering the pH and cutting down on the "hit" of the nicotine. I really don't think that for the same mg, I get more nicotine uptake using nic salts, to me its about the same. I think what actually is occurring at least with the nic salts I've used is that you can vape a lot higher nic concentration if you want with nic salts because it takes the harshness of the nic hit away, smooths the vape. I can't speak to the juul, I haven't used that and I don't know what all is in it other than likely benzoic acid from the patent info. I saw a test showing the juul nic concentrate around 60mg, no way you could vape that high with regular nicotine. Nic salts of course are made for pod type mods, or vaping at low power, I only vape around 2 to 2 1/2 ml a day, 24 mg nic salts in tanks at 11 to 12 watts, or in Myjet pods at 36 mg nic salts.

So far I've tried NN Smooth and Signature nic salts, Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers nic salts, and now trying Nicotine River nic salts. The NN Signature nic salts definitely has benzoic acid, I can smell it, and I think has a slight taste effect by it. The NN Smooth turned dark too quickly and as it did, the taste changed. The LNW I'm on the border with as if I like it, and so far I am liking the Nicotine River nic salts (no benzoic smell, I think they use a mix of cations/acids), but have only vaped one tank using it :)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive never tried Carolina Extracts but have heard that it's excellent nic. I like NN nic and Vapertek regular nicotine, I think both of these are very good. I use nothing but nic salts these days though, I'm spoiled by their smooth vape. I mixed up some regular nicotine and I just don't care for it anyore, lol. I use 80PG/20VG diy, and the nic salts helps cut down on the harshness of the PG by lowering the pH and cutting down on the "hit" of the nicotine. I really don't think that for the same mg, I get more nicotine uptake using nic salts, to me its about the same. I think what actually is occurring at least with the nic salts I've used is that you can vape a lot higher nic concentration if you want with nic salts because it takes the harshness of the nic hit away, smooths the vape. I can't speak to the juul, I haven't used that and I don't know what all is in it other than likely benzoic acid from the patent info. I saw a test showing the juul nic concentrate around 60mg, no way you could vape that high with regular nicotine. Nic salts of course are made for pod type mods, or vaping at low power, I only vape around 2 to 2 1/2 ml a day, 24 mg nic salts in tanks at 11 to 12 watts, or in Myjet pods at 36 mg nic salts.

So far I've tried NN Smooth and Signature nic salts, Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers nic salts, and now trying Nicotine River nic salts. The NN Signature nic salts definitely has benzoic acid, I can smell it, and I think has a slight taste effect by it. The NN Smooth turned dark too quickly and as it did, the taste changed. The LNW I'm on the border with as if I like it, and so far I am liking the Nicotine River nic salts (no benzoic smell, I think they use a mix of cations/acids), but have only vaped one tank using it :)
I'll check in with later about the nic river salts.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Still evaluating nicotine River nic salts... in not so sure NN isn't smoother... I will mix up the three brands of nic salts I have and vape them unflavored this weekend.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How are those Nic River Salts?
I'm happy with my throat hit now but would like a bit more nic. Currently 10mg 40/60 in a Naut 2 tank 1.8 coil at 13 watts. Have tried 12mg and 18mg at 50/50, just too harsh for me and buries the flavor.

Chased2Deth

600 flavors later....
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
I recently switched to nic rivers salt. It's great and isn't a weird amber color. I'm probably not the guy to comment on throat hit I use it at 3 to 6mg. Tasteless.. smooth.. really like it. Bought 1liter during their labor day sale

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The more I read the more it looks like throat hit disappeared for some folks even mixing up to dizzying levels of nic. Great if you don't want it but I still do. Seems like I'm vaping too much to chase nic satisfaction.

Beaucoup

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Perhaps David will update us on Nic River vs. NN. Personally I'm after smoother. :ejuice:

VU Sponsors