Become a Patron!

Nixing e-cigarettes because of flavor is nonsensical

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Excellent article except for:

I beg to differ with this part. Without them, I'm confident I'd still be smoking.

Yep, I disagree most vehemently with that -- I'm absolutely certain that vaping IS a godsend in the truest sense of the word. Also with that line about smokers trying to transition off nicotine -- that's fucking stupid, since nicotine is probably the LEAST dangerous chemical in cigarettes, and I have NO fucking desire to "transition off nicotine." they also go out of their way, while mentioning that PHE said that vaping 95% safer than smoking, to insert ("but not entirely safe"). They also make a big point of saying that flavored e-cigarettes should be kept away from children -- um, I was 13 when I started smoking; I'd far rather any 13 yr old vaped, than smoked -- it'll be much easier to quit vaping than smoking, when that precocious brat comes to her senses.

I'd give this article a cautious "meh," not a "good". It's like saying "she's pretty... for a fat girl." Or "She's nice looking... for an old woman." Just skip it if you can't be anymore fucking complimentary than THAT.

Andria

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are ton's of flavored tobaccos..hell pipe smokers vape all kinds of flavored tobaccos...and yet most people don't take up pipe smoking just to get their "rum" flavorings

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
There are ton's of flavored tobaccos..hell pipe smokers vape all kinds of flavored tobaccos...and yet most people don't take up pipe smoking just to get their "rum" flavorings
Yeah, but flavors really do help the transition off cigs and only vapes. You get your nic hit, you get the hand-to-mouth habit, and it actually tastes good -- at least until ya get vaper's tongue / flavor fatigues. I mean, how many people actually thought their cigs tasted good?

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unfortunately, my doctor is one of the believers that "studies have shown" teens are drawn to ecigs for the flavor and bragging rights then switch to analogs. Ugh.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Unfortunately, my doctor is one of the believers that "studies have shown" teens are drawn to ecigs for the flavor and bragging rights then switch to analogs. Ugh.

time to get a new doctor then, one that has an actual brain.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
time to get a new doctor then, one that has an actual brain.

Andria

He's really good with everything else, especially treating my fibro. But he's retiring at the beginning of June, so the search is on for another doctor who actually believes in fibro, knows what it is and is willing to take over my treatment. Unfortunately, there aren't many doctors that know much about it. It's such a complex disease that they don't want to bother with it. *sigh*

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He's really good with everything else, especially treating my fibro. But he's retiring at the beginning of June, so the search is on for another doctor who actually believes in fibro, knows what it is and is willing to take over my treatment. Unfortunately, there aren't many doctors that know much about it. It's such a complex disease that they don't want to bother with it. *sigh*

And very few docs are aware of the true facts about vaping either, I'm just fortunate to have one who thinks ANYTHING is better than smoking, and is perfectly willing to keep an open mind about that "anything" -- he told me that anything that can keep me or some of his other diehard-smoker patients from smoking is a wonderful and miraculous thing, in his book. But i dread when he retires; he's 65 this year, so I hope he doesn't have any immediate plans for retirement.

Andria

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, but flavors really do help the transition off cigs and only vapes. You get your nic hit, you get the hand-to-mouth habit, and it actually tastes good -- at least until ya get vaper's tongue / flavor fatigues. I mean, how many people actually thought their cigs tasted good?
Popular from Cuba tasted like coffee and chocolate. I sure miss smoking those nasty things Lol

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And very few docs are aware of the true facts about vaping either, I'm just fortunate to have one who thinks ANYTHING is better than smoking, and is perfectly willing to keep an open mind about that "anything" -- he told me that anything that can keep me or some of his other diehard-smoker patients from smoking is a wonderful and miraculous thing, in his book. But i dread when he retires; he's 65 this year, so I hope he doesn't have any immediate plans for retirement.

Andria

Mine said there are other, better ways to quit smoking, like the patch and pills. When I pointed out that those don't really do much as far as the physical act of smoking a cig, he said if it was vaping or smoking, then go with vaping but if you want to quit altogether, one of the other methods is better.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mine said there are other, better ways to quit smoking, like the patch and pills. When I pointed out that those don't really do much as far as the physical act of smoking a cig, he said if it was vaping or smoking, then go with vaping but if you want to quit altogether, one of the other methods is better.

Well, you need to inform him that you HAVE quit altogether, because vaping is NOT smoking: no fire, no ash, no tobacco, NO SMOKING.

Blithering idiots these days, I swear! :facepalm:

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, you need to inform him that you HAVE quit altogether, because vaping is NOT smoking: no fire, no ash, no tobacco, NO SMOKING.

Blithering idiots these days, I swear! :facepalm:

Andria

Well, to be fair, I didn't tell him I was the one vaping. I told him it was about my MIL. :) Don't need him putting anything in my file about smoking other than I quit ages ago, as our insurance will go up. Soon, I'll have to have bloodwork to see if I've been smoking in order to renew our insurance.

VU Sponsors