Become a Patron!

nitecore d4 charger

kingshockey

Member For 4 Years
hey guys anyone have this charger?is it any good?it seems to have decent features for 35 bux only at a vape shop nearby my house thx for replies or any other suggestions

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A week ago. I got a Nitecore New i4 battery charger for $18 bucks and some change from Lightningvapes when they had their 25% off master card sale. It says in the manual twice the charging speed. It charges my 18650 batteries about half the time my other charger did which was a couple of years old.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have two of the 4-Port Nitecore chargers, have had them about 3 months now. Haven't had any issues yet.
One from Amazon and the other from Lightning Vapes.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a Nitecore D-4 and have had no issues with it except it is kinda slow when charging more than two cells at a time. I also have an eFest LUC-4 and two XTAR SV-2 Rockets. Of them all, I like the XTAR's the best.

kingshockey

Member For 4 Years
thx to all you guys very helpful now if only you guys could tell me a spot where i could rent some mods or tanks for like a week before purchase haha

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought Nitecore D-4 it's slow but great so far. Great options you know what charge going in, how much time took to charged and ofcourse Other point to be noted it's charing max 4.16v (brand new VTC 6, LG Brown and all others) when shows FULL charged (ALL DONE), NO USB cable.

which is good for the longer life of batteries.

While Xtar VC4 is excellent fast, USB cable/wall charger. Hope this help my 2 cent

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You want slow charging..It makes for a better charge with less heat and will maintain the batteries best battery life possible...Faster charging @ 1 amp plus creates more heat and will shorten battery life...Stick with the .5amp charging even if your charger can do 1 amp or better...Ive had a Nite core I2 for well over one year and it still charges just fine..The 6 batteries I had prior to my new battery purchase all lasted me this same time and still charge to 4.20 volts.,,I only bought new batteries to upgrade the Mah and the fact the wrappers were looking pretty bad on my old ones.

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have been using my D4 for a long time and have had zero issues with it. The charge time does not bother me. I rotate 6 batts so I always have 3 fresh ones when I go to charge the current ones that I have been using.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
D4 is a really nice charger, but is not for people who want fast charging. If you don't care about very fast charging it's generally the one we recommend. If you want fast charging there are other options but they generally have other downsides like not as nice of a display, or the Opus is noisy and pricey.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I honestly have to wonder what is so different about the nitecore chargers for me, and the other people in this thread. I couldn't get any of the ones I bought, to last a year. I only charged 2-3 batteries a day on the ones I had, and at most, it was 4 batteries.

I made sure all the ones I got were authentic.

I don't expect any charger to last forever, but I'd guess a minimum of three years, you should expect to get out of one. None of mine came close to that.

P.S. the Xtar has a nicer display than any of the nitecore's I had.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I honestly have to wonder what is so different about the nitecore chargers for me, and the other people in this thread. I couldn't get any of the ones I bought, to last a year. I only charged 2-3 batteries a day on the ones I had, and at most, it was 4 batteries.

I made sure all the ones I got were authentic.

I don't expect any charger to last forever, but I'd guess a minimum of three years, you should expect to get out of one. None of mine came close to that.

P.S. the Xtar has a nicer display than any of the nitecore's I had.

That is pretty weird. Obviously we sell a ton of these things and provide warranty service for them within a year so we have a very good idea of how many fail within a year and it's very few.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That is pretty weird. Obviously we sell a ton of these things and provide warranty service for them within a year so we have a very good idea of how many fail within a year and it's very few.
Thank you Jon for the chime in. It helps when vendors and manufacturers chime in on some of these threads. You guys will see way more product flow and warranty returns vs the consumers.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have had two Nitecore 4 slot chargers, the D4 and its cheaper I4 brother.
Both have performed well over the years, in fact, my sister-in-law inherited the I4.
I now have a 4 bay 1A per slot charger but the D4 is the spare tire for it.
No idea what happened with those who say they failed quickly. In my little circle, they just keep chugging along.
Accurate, charge at a good speed for 2 batteries at a time, D4 has a nice display of what's going on.

VU Sponsors