“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I know one thing for sure. Before my short DIY experience, I'd never have guessed that there could be so much variation in "vanilla." People think of vanilla as a generic flavor, but good grief, it's anything but.

@wildgypsy70 's Nilla Cake V5 is really good. I had to mix it with a couple of subs, but it's really good. Haven't mixed the others because there are just too many flavors I don't have.

My Dark Vanilla Creme Cake as I originally mixed it (with the FW Cream Soda) is on day 10 and it's really good, too, but as gypsy said, an entirely different flavor than the Nilla V5, or I imagine, any of the Nilla-oriented mixes that came out of the collaboration. It's not the slightest bit subtle. I'm vaping it in a Geekvape Illusion Mini at 28W with one of those 0.9ohm Vaporesso ccell coils, and it says "VANILLA" big and loud, at least imo. I think the Cream Soda makes a world of difference in it, and going forward, will mix it that way.

Maybe I'll rename it YETI CAKE. :eek: :giggle: Sound right, for the Bigfoot of Vanillas?

ETA: Just realized something about the DVCC - it has a little bit of a "boozy" flavor to it. Have been trying to get hold of what that flavor is, think it might be coming from Nonna's Cake, because it's in the version without Cream Soda, too. My lips feel a little numb. Does AP have flavor?
Yeti cake is brilliant! I’m renaming it on my bottle. I think I have to get that cream soda.....

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't diy but read the whole thread. Just want to add that you guys and gals are some crafty mother chickens. Im looking into diy to make one flavor. Monster melons by cuttwood. Jasonandsarah stared a batch to try and clone but I never heard back after his personal life had a loss. If any of you get the nilla cake going well I'd like to definitely try some. Purchased if course. I love the nilla cake. Came Chef recommended so I bought 4 bottles after the first one I tried. I never realized this much work went into a juice. Great job

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I’ve never had monster melons....I thought I didn’t like melon(bad commercial experience) until I started DIY. Any hints/feelings/opinions about what’s in it? I’m always game for a clone!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ve never had monster melons....I thought I didn’t like melon(bad commercial experience) until I started DIY. Any hints/feelings/opinions about what’s in it? I’m always game for a clone!
Here's the clone I found and planned to make. But buying new squonk mods took presidence at the time. Of course it too high nic for me but I was just getting an ingredient list at the time me. It's an amazing flavor but damn near a $1/ml
8af9d5682c90bcbe519fbe01d1e27441.jpg

Edit they did a name change at some point but the flavor stayed the same. Mega/monster, same thing to them I guess

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm loving this collaborative! Once beta v1.2 gets any additional changes throughout the day, I'll be mixing it tonight to give it a try. So I'll have wildgypsy70's V5, the collaborative beta v1.1, and the collaborative beta v1.2 on hand. :D

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Here's the clone I found and planned to make. But buying new squonk mods took presidence at the time. Of course it too high nic for me but I was just getting an ingredient list at the time me. It's an amazing flavor but damn near a $1/ml

Edit they did a name change at some point but the flavor stayed the same. Mega/monster, same thing to them I guess
Have you mixed this? Any clue if it’s on? Is it worth picking up the OG to figure it out? I just ordered the flavors to do this one....

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm loving this collaborative! Once beta v1.2 gets any additional changes throughout the day, I'll be mixing it tonight to give it a try. So I'll have wildgypsy70's V5, the collaborative beta v1.1, and the collaborative beta v1.2 on hand. :D
So much fun, right? There’s two other collaborations rolling now(not clones) and maybe a new clone coming up. Gotta get the OG, I suppose. I’ve heard a lot of good things about it. I found a 15 ml to play with. Mega Melons. I love this!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you mixed this? Any clue if it’s on? Is it worth picking up the OG to figure it out? I just ordered the flavors to do this one....
I haven't mixed it. Not a diy guy yet. Lol. To me it's worth a pickup. If it wasn't so expensive I'd vape it daily. Its like the mango and papaya one the front and cantaloupe on the exhale. I buy it every now and then but 2 squonk bottles for essentially 30 bucks after sales tax and nicotine tax. Like an extra ten bucks on the bottle. Like I know there's no told in there. Ha ha

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I haven't mixed it. Not a diy guy yet. Lol. To me it's worth a pickup. If it wasn't so expensive I'd vape it daily. Its like the mango and papaya one the front and cantaloupe on the exhale. I buy it every now and then but 2 squonk bottles for essentially 30 bucks after sales tax and nicotine tax. Like an extra ten bucks on the bottle. Like I know there's no told in there. Ha ha

Ok. Just picked up the OG and flavors. So much for the 30days.....I’ll work on it once I get everything together. Sounds lovely! $30 is way too much to pay for juice! DIY, baby....we can enable you.....:D

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Oooooo, TFA-Papaya is my shit!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh really? Anything I need to know? I’ve never worked with papaya before....
It gets a little musky by itself above 5%. But in a mix its good. I've never had papaya IRL so I don't know how it's supposed to taste lol. Bullcity just picked up FW Natural Papaya so I got some. I love that one too! Ive never had the Mega Melons but that combo in the ELR recipes looks good.

Here's what I been doing with Papaya-

TFA-Papaya 6%
CAP-Sweet Guava 3%
JF-Honey Peach 2%
TFA-Koolada .5%

It's a nice summer time vape that's a lil different from my norm. I'm gunna split the papaya load between TFA and FW next time.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Okay, so as a S&V, I'm really, really liking the Beta v1.2 as is - with one small exception. I had to increase the FA Coconut from 0.25% to 0.50%
because I accidentally put too much in when I made this...:oops:

But it works! :D
Looking forward to trying it after a one week steep, but honestly I really don't think it needs it.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Okay, so as a S&V, I'm really, really liking the Beta v1.2 as is - with one small exception. I had to increase the FA Coconut from 0.25% to 0.50%
because I accidentally put too much in when I made this...:oops:

But it works! :D
Looking forward to trying it after a one week steep, but honestly I really don't think it needs it.
Oh no! I don’t have the Vanillin :facepalm: what to do? Think it’ll be good without the addition of the Vanillin?

But happy to report @wildgypsy70 v5 that I subbed with JF Yellow cake & added FA Butter .25% with a 12 day steep is yummy.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Oh no! I don’t have the Vanillin :facepalm: what to do? Think it’ll be good without the addition of the Vanillin?

But happy to report @wildgypsy70 v5 that I subbed with JF Yellow cake & added FA Butter .25% with a 12 day steep is yummy.

Do you happen to have One Drop Flavors' Vanilla? That's what I'm planning to use in place of Vanillin. Has a little brown sugar note, but that's as close as I can come, I think.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
ETA: Just realized something about the DVCC - it has a little bit of a "boozy" flavor to it. Have been trying to get hold of what that flavor is, think it might be coming from Nonna's Cake, because it's in the version without Cream Soda, too. My lips feel a little numb. Does AP have flavor?

This "boozy" flavor I mentioned? It's the FA Cookie. I opened FA Cookie yesterday to mix it in something else, and the smell of it was exactly this taste that I've been puzzling over. Not sure I like it, may sub Cap Sugar Cookie going forward.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Huge difference. Much better, IMO.

Yes, I've used the Cap SC in Peanut Butter Cookie and a few other things. It definitely doesn't have that smackdown boozy flavor. The more I think about it, the less I like the FA Cookie.

The one thing we're working on now where it may have a place? The Orange Pecan French Toast. That recipe needs a bit of a boozy zing to it.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Is your v8 closer to the OG? Or is it just yum? :vino:

I’m going to wait until I get the TFA Vanillin 10% to mix @CrazyChef v2.0 v2.0. I want vanilla heaven :D
Just yum I think. It’s all cake....all the versions were yum, just not the OG. I think I like v8 the best.....but I might add the vanillin to it to see how much yummier I can get it.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Ive been holding back on the changed recipes. If I only had to make one. Which one would be the hands down winner.
I haven't tried the V8 yet, but as far as being the closest to the OG, I'd bet on Beta v1.2 hands down. I've used it back and forth a few time with the original Nilla Cake a few times in the same tank and can barely tell the difference.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I haven't tried the V8 yet, but as far as being the closest to the OG, I'd bet on Beta v1.2 hands down. I've used it back and forth a few time with the original Nilla Cake a few times in the same tank and can barely tell the difference.

Awesome. I am going to make some of this tonight since i have everything and vanillin.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks for the feedback @wildgypsy70 & @CrazyChef v2.0 & @nadalama !

Trying really hard not to press the buy button on the Vanillin just yet, want to load my cart up a little more, so far I have FLV Persimmon for @RonJS recipe for Persimmon Creme Brûlée & the TFA Vanillin 10%.

:giggle: I ordered vanillin this morning, along with the stuff to make what's supposed to be an authentic-tasting Dubble Bubble bubble gum juice, uses wintergreen, mandarin orange, cinnamon spice; and Vaperoxx's cornbread puddin' clone with sweet cereal flakes, kettle corn, dairy milk, sweet cream.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

THAT is fantastic news! Sounds like we might have a clone!!!! :vino:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nice!!!! I just added vanillin to v8. Def the missing link! Good call on that one. I’ll have to remember it for future vanilla based recipes.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
That's all? Okay, I'll add it to your V8 recipe right now. Looking forward to trying this!

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Crap - @wildgypsy70 I only have Yellow Cake by Flavor West or Jungle Flavors, not Capella. Would you suggest either of those as a sub? Or even Vanilla Cupcake by TFA?

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Crap - @wildgypsy70 I only have Yellow Cake by Flavor West or Jungle Flavors, not Capella. Would you suggest either of those as a sub? Or even Vanilla Cupcake by TFA?
I’d go FW, mostly because I don’t have a lot of experience with JF yet. I did use Vanilla cupcake in an earlier version....it might even be v5. I used them at 3%. (Actually, in v5, I used both at the same time! I just looked.....)

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I read somewhere here that JF has more of a true cake flavor, but not as sweet as FW. But in any recipe, a truer flavor is not necessarily a better flavor.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I read somewhere here that JF has more of a true cake flavor, but not as sweet as FW. But in any recipe, a truer flavor is not necessarily a better flavor.
So true....

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I taste more "cake" from FW Yellow Cake than I do from TFA Vanilla Cupcake. To me the difference is quite noticeable. Except for Nonna's Cake, which is a whole 'nother animal, those are the only two cake flavors I've used.

Do believe I read somewhere that TFA VC is actually more of a frosting flavor than a cake. Haven't mixed it in a tester, so don't know if that's true.

VU Sponsors