Become a Patron!

Nicotine

Gents

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Where do you buy your nicotine from? I was getting mine from liquidbarn.com, but they are no longer selling 24mg

I need 24mg about 200 - 400 mil

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
why not get 100mg and use less of it to reach your desired nic level. it would be chaeper in the long run.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
MUCH cheaper, and also a lot easier to store!!!

Andria

Gents

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
because I know what I'm making and I'm making large quantities and letting it steep

Gents

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
also I like to make a lot of different recipes to try

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So what? If you use 100mg, you won't need to add so much to your recipes -- ejuice calculators allow you to specify how strong it is in mg. And concentrated nicotine is MUCH easier to store, and a hell of a lot cheaper if you buy a lot. If you buy weak nicotine like that, you're paying TOP dollar for someone else's PG/VG, and that's just stupid.

Andria

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
because I know what I'm making and I'm making large quantities and letting it steep

Can make anything with 100mg you can make with 24.

I also fail to see the reason not to get stronger nicotine.

But I get mine at nicotine river. Should have whatever you decide to get.

Just curious what your final juice nic strength is?

Gents

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Idk I just always use 24mg , I miss read first post I read 100 mil for some reason , so with 100 mg of nic Ill just be using less in my recipe ? so If I'm doing 100 vg base, some times 30/70 I'll be using more VG in my recipes to account for it ? i use 3mg str

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah like 1/4 the nicotine solution by volume or weight. Yes, will use more pg or vg.

I personally use 60mg. Also absolutely no reason I don't use 100mg. The 60 is just what I started with (and subsequently bought a several year supply of). I shoulda just went with the 100 mg.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Idk I just always use 24mg , I miss read first post I read 100 mil for some reason , so with 100 mg of nic Ill just be using less in my recipe ? so If I'm doing 100 vg base, some times 30/70 I'll be using more VG in my recipes to account for it ? i use 3mg str

Yep. But, if you plan to store any of the nic in a freezer, buying it in a PG base might be better; at freezer temp, VG is more of a gel than a liquid.

Andria

Gents

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah but I drip , I like it thick and same with previous post what bktoad said, I started with 24mg and just been going with it, and I like the thickness of the juice if I go with 100 mg I'm just thinking , but my juice will be really thick since Ill be adding even more VG. I buy VG base nic

Gents

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
and I only have several of same size gauge needles (14) and the VG is kind of a pain to get in my syringe, ill be looking to get better needles to avoid this

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have more control over your pg/vg ratio with higher nic concentration.

Gents

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
whats a good scale I found one on amazon, but not really sure if it's what I need

also wouldn't I still need a syringe to get nic, vg, ect into I'm assuming beaker? I never worked with a scale before

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
American weigh digital scale 100g x .01g is what i have.

Might need more than 100g if you are making large batches. But i make 120 ml bottles with mine. Just weigh nic, flavors, and pg then fill bottle to the top with vg.

I use no needles. Squeeze bottles with nic, pg, vg. Dropper bottles of flavors. Just drip right into juice bottles. Putting down the syringe is life changing.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
whats a good scale I found one on amazon, but not really sure if it's what I need

also wouldn't I still need a syringe to get nic, vg, ect into I'm assuming beaker? I never worked with a scale before

Since I've started mixing larger amounts, 60ml or more, I'm using my graduated cylinder a lot more, for the PG/VG and nic -- it's much easier to pour VG than draw it up in a syringe. I still use syringes for the flavors, but first I mix the PG, nic, and VG that the recipe calls for, pour it from the cylinder into the bottle, then add the flavors. Even though I don't use much VG, trying to measure ANY VG with a syringe is a huge pain; pouring is much easier!

Andria

Gents

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ah okay my VG and PG bottles don't have a squeezable nozzle it's like a jug type wide mouth with screw on lid but I can use a funnel i didnt do a whole lot of thinking about this yet , but thanks for help guys

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can get online or at a restaurant supply place or like sally beauty shop.

Ones i use are about 8oz bottles.

4227d1ade871e295e9701f89bc97f78d.jpg

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you're looking for a good deal on Nicotine you can get some at 20% off if it's your first time ordering nic at RTS. Look for the coupon code on their site at the top of the page. www.rtsvapes.com I'm not affiliated with them, just a happy customer.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Can get online or at a restaurant supply place or like sally beauty shop.

Ones i use are about 8oz bottles.

4227d1ade871e295e9701f89bc97f78d.jpg

But how do you measure the amounts you need?

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
By weight, of course.

I dunno, I can't fathom measuring liquids by weight. I don't buy 10 lbs of milk, I buy a gallon.

Andria

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't fathom going back to syringes. Absolute PITA. Way more time to measure and way more cleanup time. Have saved money with the scale too by not replacing syringes. Much more accurate.

Look at a baking cookbook. A professional one. Exact Formulations matter a lot in baking. Everything is by weight. Because it is more accurate. Atmospheric conditions can change volume. But not weight. Plus, those little air bubbles count as volume. Not weight.

Can legit make a bottle of juice in under a minute. From setup to cleanup. Not just "mixing"

Gents

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yeah I been good with my syringes and not having to replace them. If you use clear coat nail polish on the syringes the numbers and lines don't wear off, just a tip, but yeah I'm looking into the scale and getting squeezable bottles I'm having a hard time finding one that would work good most that I find are clear bottles and I read it should be dark container to store nic in , I found ketchup bottles that are red, but then they don't have caps or lids

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will bet you they weigh it into the jugs at the factory. Because thats how professionals measure when it matters. Go weigh your "gallon" of milk.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only put an ounce or 2 of nicotine in the clear bottle at a time. The rest is tightly sealed in glass in the dark in the freezer.

Gents

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I dont have a standalone freezer just my fridge freezer the door light won't make a big difference if I'm opening and closing everyday or whatever? if I'm storing in a clear bottle?

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, I buy a gallon! That's how liquids are measured!

Andria

Take a cup of vg. Pour it into another vessel. Let the "empty" cup sit on the counter for 10 minutes. And then tell me if you poured an entire cup into the other vessel.

This is liquids by volume for you.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont have a standalone freezer just my fridge freezer the door light won't make a big difference if I'm opening and closing everyday or whatever? if I'm storing in a clear bottle?

You are only storing, in the clear bottle, what you will use in a short time. Month or 2. Will not hurt. Have the rest of your nicotine properly sealed, frozen, and dark.

I leave my short-term use clear bottle at room temp. For short term. Can freeze if you like. Light and air will not affect it terribly in a few weeks. Especially the occasional fridge light.

Gents

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh okay, well that works then , thanks everyone, but yeah I'm still gonna stick with 24 mg nic I don't mind. I like the thickness I have with 24mg and the ratio of VG I don't want it much thicker. Going to look into getting a scale the only problem now is I use e juice me up calc and it doesnt seem to have a way to tell me how much weight of each flavor, vg, nic I need for a recipe

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am pretty good at math, and realize many aren't, but.....

1 ml pg weighs 1.038 g
1 ml of vg weighs 1.25g

Count flavorings as pg. vg nicotine as vg.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The vg nicotine varies a bit in weight based on nicotine strength. Google it to find the more precise weight for the nicotine you choose.

Once you write up a formula for your juices based on pg/vg and nic strength for the following, you are good to go:
Total nic weight
Total vg weight, minus nic weight (not really necessary as described later)
Total pg weight

What I do is weigh my nicotine, weight my flavorings. Subtract flavor weight from total pg weight and add the difference in pg, then top it off with vg. Super easy.

Also made a table of weights for pg/flavors from .1ml to 3 ml that makes it super easy.

Gents

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I could just do the nic by syringes and the rest by weight to avoid this haha?

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure. Just less accurate. Will post what weight you need in a minute.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
4.65 grams of 24mg nic in vg
6.23 grams of pg (total including flavorings)
Top off with vg.

This will give you 3mg nic juice 20pg/80vg. 30 ml bottle.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Getting the pg spot on is not vital. Can round a bit. Ending up with 18/82 is not so bad.

I probably made this sound way more complicated than it really is. Once u mix a couple bottles you will have it down. And never look back at syringes.

Gents

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well nice okay then.. that works. Yeah I already ordered my nic at 24mg I only got 240 mil, but thanks Toad ! I ordered a scale off amazon and my new alien comes on Monday I cant wait! haha

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Getting the pg spot on is not vital. Can round a bit. Ending up with 18/82 is not so bad.
I normally mix 20/80 and don't even measure my VG half the time, I just measure out everything else and top off the bottle with VG. BTW, I do plan on getting a scale real soon. I'm really getting tired of fooling around with syringes and droppers.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just cruisin' through here, way past the response about funnels, but definitely get those squeeze bottles. Pouring VG through a funnel is a REAL PITA and creates an absolute mess. I tried using a funnel to pour VG into........ a squeezy bottle, LOL. Won't do that again.

I support mixing by weight. Too simple, and you won't go back once you try it.

Scott12579

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh okay, well that works then , thanks everyone, but yeah I'm still gonna stick with 24 mg nic I don't mind. I like the thickness I have with 24mg and the ratio of VG I don't want it much thicker. Going to look into getting a scale the only problem now is I use e juice me up calc and it doesnt seem to have a way to tell me how much weight of each flavor, vg, nic I need for a recipe
Your juice will be the same thickness regardless. if you use 24 mg nicotine you have to use more and that more is vg so theres no difference in thickness if you use more vg alone or more vg with nic. Hope this helps.

Gents

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just cruisin' through here, way past the response about funnels, but definitely get those squeeze bottles. Pouring VG through a funnel is a REAL PITA and creates an absolute mess. I tried using a funnel to pour VG into........ a squeezy bottle, LOL. Won't do that again.

I support mixing by weight. Too simple, and you won't go back once you try it.
yeah I dk why I mentioned funnel either thinking about it now.. other then transferring my VG into a squeezable nozzle bottle, but yeah I have a small one and yeah it's a pain to get VG into any bottle with a funnel I ordered my scale last night and my GF has old hair dye bottles with nozzle on them that I washed out they're 8 oz and I got 4 now, but I may older a few new ones just because the hair dye was in them lol

Gents

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your juice will be the same thickness regardless. if you use 24 mg nicotine you have to use more and that more is vg so theres no difference in thickness if you use more vg alone or more vg with nic. Hope this helps.
yeah good point, i did calculations and yeahs it's a ton less I would have to use... welp I already ordered the 24mg last night.. so next time do you guys recommend I use 100 mg or 60mg?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
yeah good point, i did calculations and yeahs it's a ton less I would have to use... welp I already ordered the 24mg last night.. so next time do you guys recommend I use 100 mg or 60mg?
With 100 mg nic you will be putting 3% in your mixes to get your desired 3 mg final. With the 24 mg nic 12.5% will be added to your mix to get 3 mg. What this means is your nic supply will disappear 4 times faster and you will end up spending more in the long run.

VU Sponsors