Become a Patron!

nicotine sickness...HELP!

shadowpsych

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So Im fairly new to vaping...only been doing it about a year.
mainly switching back and forth from SMOK winder and Kanger EVOD.

I vaped at 12-18 mg of nicotine when using those devices no biggie.I was constantly chain vaping like a chimney.

I haven't vaped in about 4 months till yesterday. Recently I purchased a itaste mvp 3.0 pro starter kit (yesterday) along with 12mg nicotine eliquid.
after filling my isub g tank..
starting at 3.0 volts and 30 watts I took a large 5 second inhale and i regret doing it.

(Please exuse my idiocy)
I took in a massive amount of nicotine then my body was use to and after 1 large hit I immediately started getting a intense head rush and light headedness along with some massive amounts of anxiety.

Ever since it happend my anxiety has been out of control and I still feel a tingling sensation in the back of my head along with a slight heat On the sides of my temple And still very very light headed and anxious.

(((QUESTIONS)))

Are these signs of a nicotine overdose?

Should I be worried and
Will these side effects pass eventually???

How long do these side effects last?
and is ther anything permanent I should be concerned about?

what mg of nicotine should I start with next time I decided to use my itaste? (If i decide to use it)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Shadow, Do this, Vape it less(not chain vape) if you feel better , it may mean your nic level is a bit high for you, If you can get some lower nic juice like 8-6mg try that, if your experience improves, that says your nic level was to high for what your comfortable with, everyone is different in what works for them:)

shadowpsych

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the effects of "nic sic" will wear off after a few hours,if your anxiety is still freaking out you need stronger meds

I have xanax but been trying to avoid taking them since I donT want to become dependant on them

shadowpsych

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the effects of "nic sic" will wear off after a few hours,if your anxiety is still freaking out you need stronger meds
Hi Shadow, Do this, Vape it less(not chain vape) if you feel better , it may mean your nic level is a bit high for you, If you can get some lower nic juice like 8-6mg try that, if your experience improves, that says your nic level was to high for what your comfortable with, everyone is different in what works for them:)

Thank you!
I think I'll be trying 3mg nic juice just to see if I'm more comfortable with it...this was very helpful thanks alot!

shadowpsych

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Even better, Let us know how it works out for you:)
Welcome to VU!

Will do! I appreciate it!
I'm just concerned mainly on the physical side effects from the high dose of nicotine. I still have the light headedness and brief headaches hoping these effects will go away but I will definitely update as soon as I try a lower dose. Thanks again.
Even better, Let us know how it works out for you:)
Welcome to VU!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will do! I appreciate it!
I'm just concerned mainly on the physical side effects from the high dose of nicotine. I still have the light headedness and brief headaches hoping these effects will go away but I will definitely update as soon as I try a lower dose. Thanks again.
They aren't lasting effects, your good there. YW:)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Benadryl will help some. Is that a sub ohm tank? What size coil? Those deliver a much more concentrated dose of nicotine than regular clearos, always drop your nicotine level before sub ohming. And after four months of no nicotine (my assumption), then a sub ohm blast? Cut back to at least a 6mg.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you bought this kit at a b&m, someone should have told you about all this. They should have asked questions, found out if you'd ever vaped before and on what type(s) of device(s), then advised accordingly. This could have been very dangerous for you! And I'm certainly glad you came here for advice.

shadowpsych

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Benadryl will help some. Is that a sub ohm tank? What size coil? Those deliver a much more concentrated dose of nicotine than regular clearos, always drop your nicotine level before sub ohming. And after four months of no nicotine (my assumption), then a sub ohm blast? Cut back to at least a 6mg.
Yea it is a sub ohm tank..0.5 coils
before I got this i was smoking around a pack of newports a day.(4 months without vaping) I honestly should have did a bit more info before trying sub ohming...the nic sick is very unpleasant...i sent back my 12 mg bottles in exchange for 3mg...

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Nicotine is no better or worse than caffine. The effects of both are very similar.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very good...I did the same thing a few months ago when I got my first sub ohm tank, chucked it full of my usual 12mg, and proceeded to get the head rush from hell. It does go away, I promise. But it feels pretty nasty in the meantime. If you've got benadryl, take it and go lay down, you'll feel better.

shadowpsych

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you bought this kit at a b&m, someone should have told you about all this. They should have asked questions, found out if you'd ever vaped before and on what type(s) of device(s), then advised accordingly. This could have been very dangerous for you! And I'm certainly glad you came here for advice.

I got it online..
compared to alot of people I'm very inexperienced. . I let my eagerness get the best of me and it was a really idiotic thing to do..just glad I got some answers

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got it online..
compared to alot of people I'm very inexperienced. . I let my eagerness get the best of me and it was a really idiotic thing to do..just glad I got some answers
It's not idiotic, we all learn and some in different ways. Get this out of your system though and you'll really enjoy that new setup. ;)

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got it online..

@shadowpsych .... Hey bud...I wanna welcome you to the Vaping Underground as well. You've got some good people here giving you good advice. Something to know about nicotine to put your mind at ease...Nicotine works threw the human body fairly quickly and is the only "drug" that does not have a "lag" time between the effects of last use where off and withdrawal starting. That means if you took a few puffs say, 45 minutes ago and now you've got a craving again for more nicotine and so you have a few more puffs and the craving goes away that means that the effect that amount of nicotine you just took it will probably keep your body happy for 45 minutes give or take a few and then wear off. It's the same thing with being "Nicsick" ...as intense as it comes on and as much as it does suck that high dose of nicotine that caused it will run threw your system just as quickly as the little bit of nic you normally need to get rid of your nic cravings. Something to keep in mind. Yes it's possible to overdose on nicotine to a serious level but in all likelyness you'd make yourself sick way before you got anywhere near that point and will be fine when the effects of what you took in wears off....

I don't know how young you were when you started smoking but I was 11 and I started on Grandma's unfiltered Pal Mals....I liked how they made me feel funny and dizzy when I smoked one (keep in mind these were unfiltered,) till one day I tried to smoke two in a row and puked my brains out from being nicsick.

Fast forward 18 years later to while I am still smoking and just starting to vape....still smoking unfiltered cigarettes I didn't know that it takes your body longer to absorb and process nic from vaping than from cigarette smoking. I had to start at 36 mg liquid because nothing else would even touch the cravings...well the first week I think at least three times I had to lay down from from being nicsick and puked at least twice before I learned I couldn't just puff on this thing non stop....I had to breathe air at least once or twice an hour :)

The Sub ohm tanks like the ones you have are even so much more efficient than the little T2 top coil clearomizers and Boge cartos I had when I started...if 12 is making you sick that I would get a bottle of 6mg and a bottle of 3mg and see which one you like best....the higher the nic level the less you'll have to vape so the 3 might be a good place to start if you like to vape a lot so you can vape more with less chance of feeling sick again. you'll learn in time to know when you're good and have to stop vaping for a bit before the headache comes on...we all do :)

I hope this helps you a bit and you feel better. Congrats on starting your vaping journey again and I wish you the best of luck :)

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nic sick feels hella worse than caffeine overload - to me anyway.

I Lived in south florida for 30 plus years (miami area)..I bought a LARGE cup of cuban coffee..something like a 32oz cup of it..Drink it like normal coffee..Talk about anxiety..thought i was having a massive heart attack and couldnt stop shaking..i was never so alert though in my life..Lesson learned about cuban coffee.

Your supposed to take very tiny paper shot cups of it..its that strong.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I Lived in south florida for 30 plus years (miami area)..I bought a LARGE cup of cuban coffee..something like a 32oz cup of it..Drink it like normal coffee..Talk about anxiety..thought i was having a massive heart attack and couldnt stop shaking..i was never so alert though in my life..Lesson learned about cuban coffee.

Your supposed to take very tiny paper shot cups of it..its that strong.

Just like espresso in Italy...there's a reason why those little tiny cups are basically a shot glass of caffeine :)

keithh1981

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Many people forget when you sub ohm you are actually doubling your nic output. I highly recommend a nic level of .3 and no higher when sub ohming. You get all the nicatine you really need, less irritant throat hit and smoother vape. People think higher nic level is better, not when you are sub ohming.

You vaped a 1.2 you are really vaping at 2.4 with a sub ohm. When you vape at a .6 you are really getting a 1.2 and when vaping at .3 you are vaping at .6.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Man op just do not vag out and go sniveling to the hospital or calling poison control for your od... ride that shit out, it is not like you are vaping 100 mg.
Easy fix is just riding it out, go sit in a cool shower with the shower washing away your shame.

shadowpsych

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Man op just do not vag out and go sniveling to the hospital or calling poison control for your od... ride that shit out, it is not like you are vaping 100 mg.
Easy fix is just riding it out, go sit in a cool shower with the shower washing away your shame.
@shadowpsych .... Hey bud...I wanna welcome you to the Vaping Underground as well. You've got some good people here giving you good advice. Something to know about nicotine to put your mind at ease...Nicotine works threw the human body fairly quickly and is the only "drug" that does not have a "lag" time between the effects of last use where off and withdrawal starting. That means if you took a few puffs say, 45 minutes ago and now you've got a craving again for more nicotine and so you have a few more puffs and the craving goes away that means that the effect that amount of nicotine you just took it will probably keep your body happy for 45 minutes give or take a few and then wear off. It's the same thing with being "Nicsick" ...as intense as it comes on and as much as it does suck that high dose of nicotine that caused it will run threw your system just as quickly as the little bit of nic you normally need to get rid of your nic cravings. Something to keep in mind. Yes it's possible to overdose on nicotine to a serious level but in all likelyness you'd make yourself sick way before you got anywhere near that point and will be fine when the effects of what you took in wears off....

I don't know how young you were when you started smoking but I was 11 and I started on Grandma's unfiltered Pal Mals....I liked how they made me feel funny and dizzy when I smoked one (keep in mind these were unfiltered,) till one day I tried to smoke two in a row and puked my brains out from being nicsick.

Fast forward 18 years later to while I am still smoking and just starting to vape....still smoking unfiltered cigarettes I didn't know that it takes your body longer to absorb and process nic from vaping than from cigarette smoking. I had to start at 36 mg liquid because nothing else would even touch the cravings...well the first week I think at least three times I had to lay down from from being nicsick and puked at least twice before I learned I couldn't just puff on this thing non stop....I had to breathe air at least once or twice an hour :)

The Sub ohm tanks like the ones you have are even so much more efficient than the little T2 top coil clearomizers and Boge cartos I had when I started...if 12 is making you sick that I would get a bottle of 6mg and a bottle of 3mg and see which one you like best....the higher the nic level the less you'll have to vape so the 3 might be a good place to start if you like to vape a lot so you can vape more with less chance of feeling sick again. you'll learn in time to know when you're good and have to stop vaping for a bit before the headache comes on...we all do :)

I hope this helps you a bit and you feel better. Congrats on starting your vaping journey again and I wish you the best of luck :)
Thank you for your kind words and advice man! Really much appreciated. . .
i started smoking Cheyenne cigars around 12 years old and like you explained I too liked the dizzy feeling I got I could barely pick myself up after smoking them...and I was young so nobody told me that I wasn't supposed to inhale cigars.
after a year I switched to Marlboro and newports and was smoking almost 3 packs a day.

I'm 20 currently.I've cut down to a pack a day but it's expensive considering I live in NY...plus lately the cigarettes have been making me feel nauseous and at times I feel a little bit depressed after I smoke. not one time when I started vaping did I feel sick (aside from the bad nic sick I experienced with my sub ohm) or unsatisfied.I been wanting to quit the actual cigarettes and go back to vaping since it was more enjoyable and it kept me off of them.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When I get nic sick I get the spins and face sweats warning me I am headed to hummingbird heart land.
Just something you need to ride out.

Now if I vape to much and dehydrate I get a tension headache. Also something that needs ridden out.
Both suck but you will get your limitations down.

shadowpsych

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I get nic sick I get the spins and face sweats warning me I am headed to hummingbird heart land.
Just something you need to ride out.

Now if I vape to much and dehydrate I get a tension headache. Also something that needs ridden out.
Both suck but you will get your limitations down.
I was more afraid of the fact that getting nic sick was something I never experienced. ..i mean inhaling double the amount of 12 mg of nic definitely wasn't good...it was also the anxiety I was experiencing and my heartrate jumping up so rapidly that had me concerned...i didn't feel the need to call poison control or go to the hospital because I mean.. what can they really do for me? right now I'm just going to wait on my 3mg ejuice and see if I can tolerate it with my sub ohm

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Excellent, good to hear that!!

huge-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon_zps689755ad-1.gif

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Many people forget when you sub ohm you are actually doubling your nic output. I highly recommend a nic level of .3 and no higher when sub ohming. You get all the nicatine you really need, less irritant throat hit and smoother vape. People think higher nic level is better, not when you are sub ohming.

You vaped a 1.2 you are really vaping at 2.4 with a sub ohm. When you vape at a .6 you are really getting a 1.2 and when vaping at .3 you are vaping at .6.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

I don't know if it's exactly double persay...if you vape a 1.2 percent nic (or 12 mg strength nic....that's the two ways of saying the same thing,) but you do get more nicotine for sure....You get more nicotine from the increased vapor production that usually comes along with vaping at lower resistances and higher wattages....you don't just automatically double your nic level magically because the resistance of your coil is less than one ohm....that's all sub ohming is....building a coil with a resistance of less than one ohm. That's how the phrase "subohming" came about, because you are under (or sub) one ohm and it used to be considered far more dangerous with the older gear and batteries we had to work with...true, there is an inherent increase in safety risk by subohming in general but as long as proper safety precautions are observed like using the correct battery and knowing your coils resistance and making sure that it won't pull amps from your battery at a faster rate than your battery can handle and you've checked for any possible shorts and all other safety concerns are addressed you should be just fine. Plus, with these factory built coils and regulated high wattage devices becoming more and more available it adds many extra layers of safety protections that you simply don't have with a mech and a RDA where the only safeties are the health of your battery and your knowledge of ohms law and safe vaping in your head for protection.

So yes, sub ohming can increase the amount of nicotine you can consume from a liquid but it doesn't automatically double it...the increased amount of nic you get depends on the efficiency of your build and the wattage it's putting out creating the extra vapor. With a regulated mod I can blow huge clouds with a 1.2 or 1.5 ohm setup just the same with the right build and get all the extra nicotine I would from the increased efficiency of the extra vapor being produced by cracking up the power on the regulated mod and the right coil build without ever sub ohming.

How your coil is built and wicked and the amount of power supplied to it will deturmine how efficient it is and how much nicotine you will get from your vapor at any given strength of liquid...obviously liquids with higher levels of nic will still give out more nic regardless...but with the right build, not just a subohm build, it's possible for me to intake the same amount of nic from a 6 mg liquid as i would from a 12 mg liquid being ran threw a cheap little clearo like an Evod or something.

I know this is hard to explain without it getting jumbled, I keep repeating myself to make sure my dyslexia doesn't reverse anything...I hope that makes sense...if it doesn't I can try and explain it again.

shadowpsych

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone UPDATE!!

Today I got my 3mg nic ejuice today...
tryed it out and I'm happy to say I'm REALLY enjoying it!!!

Thank you all so much for the advice and help!!

VU Sponsors