Become a Patron!

Nicotine in your dyi mix

Being a noob in the dyi game and starting to really enjoy reading all the new recipes that many have posted here, and looking forward to trying many of them. Mixing the nicotine right is something I have down pretty good, so my question really is: How much nicotine do most people use in their vapes?? I know in my mix, I use 2mg/ml. Also, is there a max that shouldn't be passed?

I know I will many more questions, but this one has got me the most curious right now..

Thanks All

Jenn F

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use 6mg and my other is now a 9mg. Just started with the DIY myself and just dropped my 12mg to a 9mg. My 6mg is for evening time.

Good luck and I'm like yourself, enjoying the awesome recipes. :)

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Being a noob in the dyi game and starting to really enjoy reading all the new recipes that many have posted here, and looking forward to trying many of them. Mixing the nicotine right is something I have down pretty good, so my question really is: How much nicotine do most people use in their vapes?? I know in my mix, I use 2mg/ml. Also, is there a max that shouldn't be passed?

I know I will many more questions, but this one has got me the most curious right now..

Thanks All

I'd encourage you to use as much nic as you need to be satisfied with your vape - and welcome to VU also :wave:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'd encourage you to use as much nic as you need to be satisfied with your vape - and welcome to VU also :wave:
When I started vaping 5 years ago I was using 18mg juice in eGo pens with a T3s clearo. I even tried 24mg juice, but that was too much. As my equipment improved, my nic level went down. Pod mods are a different story. They are made for higher mg/ml salt nic with no need to chain vape.

And welcome to VU! That was rude of me not welcoming you in my previous post:facepalm::cheers:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
When I started vaping 5 years ago I was using 18mg juice in eGo pens with a T3s clearo. I even tried 24mg juice, but that was too much. As my equipment improved, my nic level went down. Pod mods are a different story. They are made for higher mg/ml salt nic with no need to chain vape.

And welcome to VU! That was rude of me not welcoming you in my previous post:facepalm::cheers:

Yep - a lot of us just crave less as the years go by - but some stay up there fairly high

To me, it's about what you need to stay off cigarettes - so if you vape 24mg for 20 years, so be it

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:oops:

50mg freebase nic p/ml plus 10mg WTA p/ml

so 60mg

at 50 watts in an RDA on a squonker

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
And welcome to VU! That was rude of me not welcoming you in my previous post
Pretty much described my own journey, exactly, aside from pods. I've never tried one.

I'm not a high wattage, DL vaper, I usually wrap coils above ohm, a little. My nic strength now is 8-9 mg. I buy 100mg/ml nice to mix with. Lasts quite a while, per liter.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Pretty much described my own journey, exactly, aside from pods. I've never tried one.

I'm not a high wattage, DL vaper, I usually wrap coils above ohm, a little. My nic strength now is 8-9 mg. I buy 100mg/ml nice to mix with. Lasts quite a while, per liter.
I haven't tried pods either. They just don't fit my style as I'm 100% rebuildable and 100% DIY. Even the refillable ones don't last that long from what I have read.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I haven't tried pods either. They just don't fit my style as I'm 100% rebuildable and 100% DIY. Even the refillable ones don't last that long from what I have read.
Ditto. I sometimes think about trying one, but I stopped buying coils a long time ago for a reason. So I can't justify having to buy pods, or re-up on a refillable one because of a coil. Makes no sense to me, when I enjoy how I vape.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The only reason I ended up trying a pod device was because I needed something lightweight and discrete. I mainly use it when another, more bulky, option isn't really feasible. Some of them can be rebuilt with a little effort but I've only gone as far as re-wicking mine. I've certainly gotten my moneys worth out of them. I use a little more than double the amount of nicotine ( freebase ) that I use in my regular devices and that works well enough for my purposes. The flavor isn't going to rival my other devices but for me at least, that's not the objective. It's favorable enough and provides the nicotine I need to keep me from wanting to pick up a pack of smokes. :)

Pod usage does, however, eliminate the opportunity for the "Is that a Mod in your pocket or are you just happy to see me' greeting so there is that. :D

VU Sponsors