Become a Patron!

Nic level for MTL sub ohm

I am looking for opinions on nic level for a MTL sub ohm setup.
I am a pack a day+ Winston light smoker and a am not completely new to vaping but looking to get back on the wagon.
Currently borrowing a setup until mine arrives via snail mail.

Vapefly Nicholas MTL tank .6 coil
Aspire nx75
Naked100 pog mixed to 9mg

Not sure if this is a strong enough level to curb the smokes.
Any opinions on nic level or setup would be appreciated.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tend to base my nic level on wattage more than coil OHM mainly because I tend to vape at a wattage more than OHM.. have three atties running all using 6mg/ml... .3ohm .6ohm and 1ohm. all are builds at about the same surface area using different wire. iF i vape at higher watts 20 or more I'll drop[ the nic if I go lower than 15 I increase the nic.

When i still smoked I ran 18 to 24mg... But at that time i was running in the 5-10 watt range mostly. If i were you and running at under 1 ohm I would start with 15mg/ml nic........ If it's not enough add more nic..... If too much dilute....

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OH..... I also didn't quit smoking when I started vaping...... I started vaping and after about 6 months NOTICED I was no longer smoking cigarettes. after 40years and 1-2 PAD,

I didn't start vaping to replace cigarette tobacco but rather the green kind. Don't SMOKE anymore.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am looking for opinions on nic level for a MTL sub ohm setup.
I am a pack a day+ Winston light smoker and a am not completely new to vaping but looking to get back on the wagon.
Currently borrowing a setup until mine arrives via snail mail.

Vapefly Nicholas MTL tank .6 coil
Aspire nx75
Naked100 pog mixed to 9mg

Not sure if this is a strong enough level to curb the smokes.
Any opinions on nic level or setup would be appreciated.
I used 24-32mg nic when I quit smoking.....using a 1.8ohm coil at 8-10 watts. Certainly did the trick, stopped smoking immediately.

Using a sub tank, I use 6mg nic in everything, sometimes 12mg.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Pack a day works out to 18 to 12mg nic. Where you are using a 0.6 ohm coil (factory made?) probably 12 would be the best place to start and go up if you need to.

Thank you for all the feedback.
-The coils are factory made .6 and the other option for this tank is 1.8
-I do have the 12mg but was told by a local shop that it may be too strong

If I keep using the .6 coil and step it up to 12mg how long before I should feel if it's too much nic. Few puffs? Half Day? End of the Day?
Even with cigarettes I have never had the 'nic sick' symptoms

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for all the feedback.
-The coils are factory made .6 and the other option for this tank is 1.8
-I do have the 12mg but was told by a local shop that it may be too strong

If I keep using the .6 coil and step it up to 12mg how long before I should feel if it's too much nic. Few puffs? Half Day? End of the Day?
Even with cigarettes I have never had the 'nic sick' symptoms
I get a slight nausea feeling when I have too much nic... after a few puffs... and with too little I find myself constantly puffing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I think there's no rule of thumb for how much nic you should use, nor can anybody tell for sure what will work for you.
What worked for me was: 12mg Nic initially (now mostly 8-10mg), typically 50/50-ish PG/VG, coils between 0.8 - 1.1 Ohms, MTL as well.

The good thing about vaping is that you can take a toot whenever you like. No need to go out of the house, take a more or less fixed number of puffs to not waste half of your cigarette. Just press the button whenever and wherever you like (except for bans/restrictions and for reason of respect towards others who may not appreciate it).
I noticed that I sometimes almost chain vape. Other times I can go hours without. There's little risk on taking too much Nic, as your body is pretty good at telling you when to stop.
For reference: I had been smoking 20+ Red Marlboros a day for 22 years before I switched entirely to vaping from one minute to the next (somewhat unexpectedly). That doesn't mean that it works for everybody, of course. You need to find what works for you. Too high Nic levels may be unpleasant to vape. Start somewhere in the middle as you can always add Nic easily or just vape more. Also, don't go high VG from the beginning, as it takes away the throat hit effect and your brain will probably tell you that it's not what it wants, if that makes sense.

Anyway, by far the most important thing is to find a liquid and setup that you enjoy. I was lucky with my first liquid. I have purchased others in the meantime which sure as hell would not have worked because they tasted horrendous. :)

VU Sponsors