Become a Patron!

Ni200 question

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys, I'm trying Nickel wire for the first time. I made a couple 8-wrap claptons (26 Ni200 with 38 SS wraps) and I can't get a reading on my ohm meter from my coils. I would assume you can use Nickel on an RX200 because it has a TC setting for Nickel wire. I had to switch to my Kanthal for the time being, and I've also read that you should never use Nickel wire on watts mode, so I'm in TC mode. What am I doing wrong?

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm, apparently these coils need some "breaking in" before they work correctly. I had to pulse each of my coils in Watts mode separately before I got my setup to work properly because at first it wouldn't work at all. Then I got it to work with only one coil and finally I got it to work with both. However, I am getting a heartbeat now and a healthy resistance of .17 ohms. I also found out my RX200 doesn't do TC worth a damn. The vape is super weak and the coils cut out real fast due to reaching temperature. I was doing better on Kanthal in TC with my Hohm Slice.

Kind of a lot of work just for a better vape though.

EDIT: It just stopped working. Getting "Atomizer too low" message, like it's too low on the resistance, but I'm reading 0.21 on my ohm meter. I'm sticking to Kanthal. Nickel is just too finicky.

Last edited:

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now this is odd... I just put a sleeper-clapton in my Hohm Slice, and it's working great. I guess the RX200 doesn't do nickel wire worth shit, maybe because it's such low resistance? My coil reads .11 on my ohm meter, but it reads .06 on my device. I'm trusting the device for safety's sake.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors