Become a Patron!

Next Generation MTL tanks Part 2

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just wanted to share some of my experience in case you were thinking of trying MTL with the Atlantis EVO.

My ADV is a Nautilus 2 w/ Triton mini 1.8 claptons. That said, when I drink, I sometimes reach for my Atlantis EVO w/ CCELL 0.9. However, the Atlantis EVO, even at the lowest acceptable airflow setting doesn't qualify for MTL vaping (I've tried sets of both stock coils, and 3 different CCELL types so far). It just doesn't work that way for me. For me, it's strictly a DTL. The flavor isn't what I expect and its far too airy (for MTL). But, I am 5'5" so my lungs could just be too small for it. If you've got a larger set of lungs it might work!

As a DTL when I'm drinking (using the same eliquid I use in the Nautilus 2) its both flavorful and performs very well for my needs. The stock coils were disappointing to me which was surprising considering they appear to be better from a design standpoint. Nonetheless, chasing that flavor dragon I quickly moved onto CCELL coils and I won't look back (I did two seperate rounds of sampling packs of the two stock coils separated by a few days and different eliquids). For TC the SS CCELLS are acceptable (better for me in VW for some reason - probably needs tweaking in Escribe), but for the best flavor I prefer the Kanthal CCELLS (and I mean flavor I can appreciate when I'm not drinking but more importantly for me, when I am drinking as well). This is from somone who prefers SS above all for my coil builds. It must be something about the coils physical layout, wrap spacing, or wicking material. I just haven't figured it out yet. I expected the SS CCELLS to be best for me before any testing. I prefer SS in TC mode because it allows me to more precisely dial in that perfect temperature for a particular eliquid of which I have far too many and swap far too often. But then again, I don't just chase that flavor dragon. I hunt that SOB like a starving mongrel.

Except when it comes to the Nautilus 2. This little SOB, somehow, just works great and highlights nuisances of flavor profiles in ways that I can only compare to my own kanthal coils and SS coils in TC mode (speaking strictly MTL). Apparently, I need to "up my game!"
I love the Nautilus 2, believe me it's flavour is on par with the Kayfun mini v3. I love that tank & I don't usually use RTAs! If you want a good mtl RTA an like a tight draw though the Kayfun lite is better. They are very pricey but if you don't build you'll know that stock coils get pricey. So you prefer the triton coils to the Nautilus?
I do love those 1.8 tritons. If you don't have the triton mini I'd definitely get it, it's easier to use for nautilus 2 filling wise but the n2 has better airflow.
The 2.0 I sub coils are good in the I sub apex too but problem is it's so hard to see where the tank is filled too.
Another good option is the smok spiral, it's direct lung with mtl options.
Also the ego one clr Rebuildable 1.0 coils are a dream. Just some options if you want decent mtl tanks/RTAs :)

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anybody tried the aspire naut 0.7ohm coils? Thinking of getting some for my billet box.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anybody tried the aspire naut 0.7ohm coils? Thinking of getting some for my billet box.
Not my speed but a lot of peeps are digging them. I prefer the 1.8 but I've read quite a few are digging them. Not sure what the longevity is on them.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, here is one tank that will keep both camps happy ( ready made and make your own coils). The tank is designed for MTL and as soon as I see a sale, I'm there! https://tiberian-vapor-co.myshopify.com/products/pallas-atomizer
Out of my league due to price tag.
I'll happily spend a grand or more on good boots but I ain't ever going to spend more than $30 on a damn tank.

GY1516.53_AngleRight.jpg

Hopefully I'll have saved the $2995 by the time I hit 70 years old.
Yes that is almost 3K for a pair of boots!

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Out of my league due to price tag.
I'll happily spend a grand or more on good boots but I ain't ever going to spend more than $30 on a damn tank.

GY1516.53_AngleRight.jpg

Hopefully I'll have saved the $2995 by the time I hit 70 years old.
Yes that is almost 3K for a pair of boots!
Luchesse or Nocona for me, even though they don't do the custom foot mold boots anymore, I don't think. My hand made boots will outlast my mods, even the mech ones!:vino:

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Luchesse or Nocona for me, even though they don't do the custom foot mold boots anymore, I don't think. My hand made boots will outlast my mods, even the mech ones!:vino:
When I was in high school I cut this ad out of a magazine and put in in the little plastic front area of my 3 ring notebook... stayed with me all the way through. Cowboy up, let's rodeo :)

70579e4c2e8f874cec39bd0ebf91cac5.jpg

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I forgot who brought it/them up but I was wondering about CCELLS.
Like what tanks they work in and so forth...Color me curious.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks brother!
Damn it I almost forgot to show you this video.

I swear as soon as that thing drops at a decent price I'm getting the Kit.

201702212024501334.jpg

That fancy-pants resin drip-tip is calling my name.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anything else I should get while I'm on this mad buying frenzy.
Forgot to mention this earlier but I already own an iJoy Reaper.
Picked 1 up on the super cheap for $9 from ecig.com way back in November of 2016.
It's a neat little cheap sub-ohm tank mine has seen better days as I've dropped it few times.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, suckered my mod can go duck my....I bought the Theorem because he said us a good MTL.....

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can I get that in English?

English translation ( no f-ing phone auto correct) is do not believe the professional reviewers! That's how I bought a Theorem, SMM said it was a great MTL genny type tank. In reality, from a MTL point of view, it sucks...and not in a good way!

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
English translation ( no f-ing phone auto correct) is do not believe the professional reviewers! That's how I bought a Theorem, SMM said it was a great MTL genny type tank. In reality, from a MTL point of view, it sucks...and not in a good way!

Don't like to hear that, just ordered the SMM this morning, wanted a bigger tank to go on the new HCigar DNA75C I just got, and that came up, but I do like a more airy MTL vape, so I will keep my hopes up.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't like to hear that, just ordered the SMM this morning, wanted a bigger tank to go on the new HCigar DNA75C I just got, and that came up, but I do like a more airy MTL vape, so I will keep my hopes up.
I think you'll be OK with it, I prefer a tight MTL draw.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
^^^ 1000% THAT ^^^
!! Oh Yeah !!
I think we've all learned to use our own Judgement when it comes to reviews.
Which is why I didn't buy a frigging JoyEtech Penguin.
Fucking ugly + Cheap looking = Fail Every Time!

Best Review I saw on it is below.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
^^^ 1000% THAT ^^^
!! Oh Yeah !!
I think we've all learned to use our own Judgement when it comes to reviews.
Which is why I didn't buy a frigging JoyEtech Penguin.
Fucking ugly + Cheap looking = Fail Every Time!

Best Review I saw on it is below.

I hear you! The problem, as I see it, is that people new to vaping are listening to these d-bags and try some God awful crap, decide vaping is not for them and go back to analogs.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear you! The problem, as I see it, is that people new to vaping are listening to these d-bags and try some God awful crap, decide vaping is not for them and go back to analogs.
Most of them aren't douching it up deliberately.
The problem is they are now long time vapers and looking at it that way.
As opposed to looking at like the long time smoker they were.
Vaping isn't as close to smoking as most people think it is which is the really big problem.
Is it similar...Yes!
Is it the same exact feeling...No!
Could it ever be the same...We're getting there.
As I see it a Tighter Airflow + Warmer Vape = The Way!

So far the closest I've come is the Innokin Axiom.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Most of them aren't douching it up deliberately.
The problem is they are now long time vapers and looking at it that way.
As opposed to looking at like the long time smoker they were.
Vaping isn't as close to smoking as most people think it is which is the really big problem.
Is it similar...Yes!
Is it the same exact feeling...No!
Could it ever be the same...We're getting there.
As I see it a Tighter Airflow + Warmer Vape = The Way!

So far the closest I've come is the Innokin Axiom.
Closest I've come is a Spheroid V3 running NET tobacco.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the NautilusX is a good mtl tank & underrated :)
I thought we were told to stay away from that thing even if Vaping with Vic gave it a damn near glowing review.
This is why vaping can be frustrating who do you believe?
The reviewers who aren't always right or the people here who are just as wrong sometimes.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The only reviewer I respect is Qorax, and I'll listen to what he has to say about products. Other than that I simply will watch with a grain of salt.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I like Q as a person alot! He helped me out quite a bit with troubleshooting my erl. Seriously a great guy!
But even with reviews I take it as entertainment only.

BAM crew

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I like Q as a person alot! He helped me out quite a bit with troubleshooting my erl. Seriously a great guy!
But even with reviews I take it as entertainment only.

BAM crew
He seems to only do stuff that he himself uses and keeps, doesn't sell off when done. Never does China stuff or next big thing.. very close to pure mtl. But even w that still hear ya.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
He seems to only do stuff that he himself uses and keeps, doesn't sell off when done. Never does China stuff or next big thing.. very close to pure mtl. But even w that still hear ya.
I totally agree with you on that, and he is still very honest.
In my opinion a certain credibility and trust is lost once the transition from vaper to reviewer is completed. One has to be sure to keep the person's motivation in mind once that transition happens.

BAM crew

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That would be Q... One of the nicest people you could run into in the forumverse.

BAM crew

VU Sponsors