In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hi everyone

I currently vape on the Smok TFV8 around 120w using H-Priv 220w regulated mod

Thinking of joining the ranks of the bottom feeders, until today I didn't even know what squonking was lol ...now I do and have to say I'm intrigued to say the least. I've read it's the best flavour you can get?

So what I like is clouds and flavour so do t want much hehe being I posted what I use above I don't dislike it at all just want to try something to give me that stellar taste with clouds to boot

Would really appreciate some advice on what to go for that would be better than my set up

Been looking at the dripbox160 and Tsunami24 am I in the right ballpark here?

I'll be honest I've never used anything other than my current set up I really want to get into building my own coils too so any advice on that would also be most welcomed

Thanks in advance guys as always

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Oh forgot to say does it make a difference the pg/VG ratio when squonking? I tend to like higher VG around to 70-80% mark

Reigle1972

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi KingPin, first the dripbox are great for starting out Squonking and I still use mine. About vg/pg just remember the higher VG = less flavor and more clouds, I'm using 80vg/20pg and still get great flavor.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hi everyone

I currently vape on the Smok TFV8 around 120w using H-Priv 220w regulated mod

Thinking of joining the ranks of the bottom feeders, until today I didn't even know what squonking was lol ...now I do and have to say I'm intrigued to say the least. I've read it's the best flavour you can get?

So what I like is clouds and flavour so do t want much hehe being I posted what I use above I don't dislike it at all just want to try something to give me that stellar taste with clouds to boot

Would really appreciate some advice on what to go for that would be better than my set up

Been looking at the dripbox160 and Tsunami24 am I in the right ballpark here?

I'll be honest I've never used anything other than my current set up I really want to get into building my own coils too so any advice on that would also be most welcomed

Thanks in advance guys as always

Hey - welcome to the club - if you decide to get your feet wet :wave:

The 160 might do you okay for a first time out - but the atty will probably disappoint. I hear mixed results for high wattage vaping though.

For a first time out, you might want to go for the Hadaly instead of the Tsunami - it is a lot more versatile than the tsunami and can be a serious cloud beast.

The tsunami is super DL and some have leaking issues from the bottom airflow

The PG/VG ratio can be whatever you already like :)

Reigle1972

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also iI use the tsunami 24mm and it's not the best for flavor, I would say Hadaly for flavor but not clouds. Or goon 24mm and goon LP for flavor and clouds

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Goons can be a great choice - but you have to be careful what style/type, authentic vs. clone, etc

Some come with a squonk pin, some don't

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yeah have read the kangertech atty is properly poo so more than happy to buy a separate one

what do you mean clone and authentic types? What's the difference?

What does Super DL mean?

<squonking noob here go easy lol

If it helps I take pretty big draws so don't like a restriction on venting, I like to feel like I'm getting a good hit by the end of it ....having said that don't like the vent fully open either so on that Smok tank have it bout 3rd way closed

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
what do you mean clone and authentic types? What's the difference?

Authentic Goons are made by 528 Custom Vapes. They come in the original 24 mm and a 22 mm version. They do not come with squonk pins - you have to mod them to bf yourself, Not hard, but takes a little effort and knowledge.

528 recently released a Goon LP, with a different clamp style and shorter top cap for better flavor. It does come with a squonk pin.

Many, many Chinese manufacturers have "cloned" all of the Goon styles, some come with bf pins, some do not. Some are pretty close to the real deal, some are not or very cheaply made.

DL means direct lung hit vs MTL, mouth to lung, more like how you would smoke a cigarette

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Many thanks I'm DL Vaper so prefer that style

So hadaly or goon lP are recommendations

And you don't rate that 160mod? I would t push it past 120w anyway warm enough for me there
Are there better mod that these tanks sit on? That would produce similar clouds? And ones where I do not have to change battery every 5 minutes

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
And you don't rate that 160mod? I would t push it past 120w anyway warm enough for me there

I don't have one so can't say from personal experience. There is a really good thread on here somewhere that really gets down to the nitty-gritty on what the 160 can and cannot do. There are not that many regulated squonkers on the market that go over 75 or 80 watts without getting into the high end DNA side

I'm primarily a mech squonker

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I don't have one so can't say from personal experience. There is a really good thread on here somewhere that really gets down to the nitty-gritty on what the 160 can and cannot do. There are not that many regulated squonkers on the market that go over 75 or 80 watts without getting into the high end DNA side

Ok thanks again I'll try and find that

Read that DNA thrown about quite a lot what is it exactly?

Is mechanical mod better for squonking? What are the pro and cons for each?

Sorry to be a pain and ask loads of things

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You might want to read Bird's blog post: How do I get started?

All the information on mods also applies to squonk mods, which are just mods with 510 connectors with holes and room for a bottle of juice :)

It's very long, but explains the difference between mechs, regulated, and later dives into DNAs

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Awesome thanks out of interest what mod do you like best? Seen a lot of peeps rate that wraith mod and the frakensomething or other

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Wraith is very good for the price - but it only goes to 80 watts.

The Frankenskull is a very expensive "unicorn" type mechanical squonker from Spain, mainly sold out of Italy. Very expensive, very hard to find. Supposedly a very fine squonk, with silver contacts and a tiny size. 3D printed with a superior industrial material - they say.

It was recently cloned and is just now available from China on sites like FastTech. I do have one in the mail, but doubt it will be able to touch the real deal as there is no way they could sell it this cheap and include the same internals.

Crap, too many great squonks available to have a drop dead favorite - each I love brings something unique to the table, if you know what I mean :)

I have five squonkers on my nightstand I'm rotating this morning.

An REO P67 with a Baby Goon, a VT75 with an Odin, a Tmod with a Nuppin, aluminum CopperVape with a Charm, and brass Coppervape with a brass Goon. Only the VT75 is regulated. I was vaping it in the sack with my coffee earlier, lolScreen Shot 2017-01-14 at 7.18.15 AM.jpg

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
like the look of that mod, nice ....hmm just read that other thread think I'll steer clear of mechanical mods for the minute don't want my newbiness to put me off trying squonking ...go for regulated to begin with
Thanks for the help:hug:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh forgot to say does it make a difference the pg/VG ratio when squonking? I tend to like higher VG around to 70-80% mark
It does.

High VG in winter means depressing the bottle longer. Since it is thicker, particularly in cold climates, more squonking is required to feed the RDA.

High PG can be so thin in summer that it auto feeds up the tube and flood your RDA. "Reducer tubes" were popular back when high PG was all we had.

In terms of trying squonking. I highly recommend just buying an RDA for your grpriv to drip and see if you prefer the vape. The modern tanks are comparable flavour and vapour wise to RDA/squonking. Best invest less to start, to see if you like the vape. Which will be identical dripped on your grpriv

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have four DNA 200 squonkers, you can vape at 20 watts or 175, dependant on your style and atty.

Also DNA 40 squonkers work just fine with the right atty and coil. Same with the mech's. There is a whole new world squonking.

I lost count how many I have, but I know it's more than 25 mods, they all serve a purpose with the right atty and coils. Definitely the most flavorful vape you'll find with anything I can think of.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
:cheers::cheers:
It does.

High VG in winter means depressing the bottle longer. Since it is thicker, particularly in cold climates, more squonking is required to feed the RDA.

High PG can be so thin in summer that it auto feeds up the tube and flood your RDA. "Reducer tubes" were popular back when high PG was all we had.

In terms of trying squonking. I highly recommend just buying an RDA for your grpriv to drip and see if you prefer the vape. The modern tanks are comparable flavour and vapour wise to RDA/squonking. Best invest less to start, to see if you like the vape. Which will be identical dripped on your grpriv

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Great idea buddy! Yes I'll do that first!! Must remember to not remove the bottom feeder pin!

And thanks for the advice over the juice
:cheers:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I have four DNA 200 squonkers, you can vape at 20 watts or 175, dependant on your style and atty.

Also DNA 40 squonkers work just fine with the right atty and coil. Same with the mech's. There is a whole new world squonking.

I lost count how many I have, but I know it's more than 25 mods, they all serve a purpose with the right atty and coils. Definitely the most flavorful vape you'll find with anything I can think of.
That DNA mod looks the badgers nadgers ! Yeah that's right all of them!

Now why do they all serve a purpose? is it a case of this is work mod, this is weekend mod, this is my after dinner mod or something else like addiction or something? Just curious

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm using 80vg/20pg and still get great flavor.

Using roughly the same here, it's either 80/20 or 70/30. Still enjoying good flavor. :)

Same here. Mechanical mods in my humble opinion future proof vaping for me. I will not ever need to be concerned over upgrading the software, or a circuit board going foul. Sure, I might need to replace a firing assembly but there are tending to be real dirt cheap kits with pieces to do that. The CopperVape kit runs $3.00 and aside from lacking a spare nut/nib has everything required to replace a firing assembly in a CopperVape mod. Doing so is also fairly straight forward, I can foresee it being at most a half hour job but more likely about ten minutes.

I would suggest a CopperVape kit & possibly a Velocity V2 for someone coming in new to squonking & coil building. The Velocity style decks are a dream to learn on and experience on them carries over well to other deck styles. Eventually, you might find a single Z strung coil in a NaRda suits you well. :) Also eventual, I'll afford an authentic NaRda, until then I'll make do on clones. :)

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
After all of your valuable insights and a little bit searching I've narrowed down to the following list of RDA's so If you had to rank them on flavour/cloud, little leaking as poss, and little spitback what would you go with

Goon RDA
Odis O-Atty
Indulgence Mutation X V5 XL
Hellfire Havoc
Velocity V2
Hadaly

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Using roughly the same here, it's either 80/20 or 70/30. Still enjoying good flavor. :)

Same here. Mechanical mods in my humble opinion future proof vaping for me. I will not ever need to be concerned over upgrading the software, or a circuit board going foul. Sure, I might need to replace a firing assembly but there are tending to be real dirt cheap kits with pieces to do that. The CopperVape kit runs $3.00 and aside from lacking a spare nut/nib has everything required to replace a firing assembly in a CopperVape mod. Doing so is also fairly straight forward, I can foresee it being at most a half hour job but more likely about ten minutes.

I would suggest a CopperVape kit & possibly a Velocity V2 for someone coming in new to squonking & coil building. The Velocity style decks are a dream to learn on and experience on them carries over well to other deck styles. Eventually, you might find a single Z strung coil in a NaRda suits you well. :) Also eventual, I'll afford an authentic NaRda, until then I'll make do on clones. :)

Thanks mate I'll get into mech mods at some point or a mod that uses the DNA200 chipset got to get to grips with the RDA first I reckon learn to build on it properly then expand out I reckon

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks mate I'll get into mech mods at some point using DNA200 chipset got to get to grips with the RDA first I reckon learn to build on it properly then expand out I reckon

Aye, mate sounds like you've a fair outline of where your going. Even if you don't get into mechs I'm sure you'll find what suits best for you. Ultimately that is what matters and not anyone else's perception, opinion. Arrr, carry on! :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Here is my humble opinion - your results may vary :)

Goon RDA : Most versatile of the lot. Flavor is very good, almost unlimited cloud potential.
Odis O-Atty: Still haven't built mine, many report they are problematic. Not a good beginner atty.
Indulgence Mutation X V5 XL: Not a squonk atty as far as I know - I have an older version that is not. I could be wrong...
Hellfire Havoc: Had to look this one up: looks interesting, but couldn't find a US seller
Velocity V2: The clone old favorite with many squonkers, simply because for awhile there it was one of the few inexpensive bf atties you could get from US sellers. Compared to what is available these days, it is simply average.
Hadaly: Best flavor of the one's on the list I have experience with. Many report it is not a clouds atty. IME, it out-clouds the goon, with a similar build and the same juice.

These are just my opinions and personal experience only :)

As far as squonking goes I really love both my Hadaly and my two O-attys as they are set up to be single coil atomizers with reduced inner chamber size. Perfect for squonking in my opinion! You could run a dual coil in either however it may take some creative placement of your coils to get more than a single coil in the smaller space these have inside them.

The beautiful thing about single coil atomizers for someone who is just beginning building coils is that you don't have to worry about making two perfectly matching coils like you do when building dual coils.. I always recommend that a new builder start with single coils before moving on to dual as there are a few more things to worry about when building two coils.

IMO especially for a new builder the Hadaly really is the way to go. There are quite a number of reasons for this... It's a beautiful atty with great flavor that's reasonably priced for an authentic and is readily available, plus it comes with a squonk pin in the box and the clamping system it uses to trap the wires is brilliantly easy. What more could you ask for? Additionally the Hadaly was voted the atomizer of the year for 2016 in two of the high end groups where cost of gear is often no object and they have access to the best of the best. It's really an amazing piece of kit!

Reigle1972

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As far as squonking goes I really love both my Hadaly and my two O-attys as they are set up to be single coil atomizers with reduced inner chamber size. Perfect for squonking in my opinion! You could run a dual coil in either however it may take some creative placement of your coils to get more than a single coil in the smaller space these have inside them.

The beautiful thing about single coil atomizers for someone who is just beginning building coils is that you don't have to worry about making two perfectly matching coils like you do when building dual coils.. I always recommend that a new builder start with single coils before moving on to dual as there are a few more things to worry about when building two coils.

IMO especially for a new builder the Hadaly really is the way to go. There are quite a number of reasons for this... It's a beautiful atty with great flavor that's reasonably priced for an authentic and is readily available, plus it comes with a squonk pin in the box and the clamping system it uses to trap the wires is brilliantly easy. What more could you ask for? Additionally the Hadaly was voted the atomizer of the year for 2016 in two of the high end groups where cost of gear is often no object and they have access to the best of the best. It's really an amazing piece of kit!
I agree with ZenZephyr on the Hadaly and would advise you to consider getting the ultem full cap as the metal with original drip tip can get really hot, just my opinion.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
until today I didn't even know what squonking was lol

I got my first squonker within an hour of learning about it :giggle: It was my first "real" mod

It was an REO clone some guy was churning out in his basement and I paid $60, it included a Chalice III clone and he built and wicked it for me, as I'd never attempted a build despite having vaped for over two years at the time.

Anyways: the Hadaly would be a great choice - I suspect it will blow that TFV8 out of the ballpark, at least flavor-wise.

I have the authentic and the SXK clone and there are real advantages to the authentic in this case. Can elaborate more later if you wish. If not, I'll shut up for now, lol

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hadaly it is then! When I get round to getting the bits for it I'll report back

In terms of wire and cotton which is a good bet ...I don't plan on using temp control Unless that is the way to go? and want to try making claptons :) unless there is a better coil method for the hadaly?

If you want flavor to be a major part of your focus though you should look at not just the atomizer but how you build your coils and what type of wire you're using. I can't believe that so many people are still using kanthal and making contact coils or "Micro Coils" as they're so often called when the understanding of metals and what materials work best for making coils work best has advanced so much since we started years ago. The whole concept of contact coils was to improve efficiency of how quickly kanthal heated up as we moved below the 1.0 ohm threshold. Kanthal is slow in heat up and inefficient so having the wires touch meant a much faster ramp up time.

Now specialty wires are worth every penny in my experience as they last so much longer than regular old kanthal. And you wanna talk about flavor?!? Something like Anarchist Wire or G-plat Elite or stainless steel or even nichrome 80 will make more difference in the flavor than almost any other factor plus they last FOREVER! Well not the nichrome 80 but still longer than kanthal. The one caveat is that with specialty wires or stainless you really should build spaced coils to give your wicking a chance at keeping up with the heat of the coil. This equates to much much better flavor and far less gunking of your coils. I only change my cotton every 3-4 days with spaced coils and have builds that last 3-6 months without needing to change them. This is because of building spaced coils using stainless steel or one of the more expensive specialty wires like Anarchist Wire or G-plat Elite. A $15-$20 package of wire will last me 9 months to a year because I don't have to change my coils almost ever unless I'm just wanting a different build. To make them last though I generally use a small wire brush to gently clean residue off the coils when I rewick and heat them up by pulsing so they are gently glowing and shock them by dipping them while still faintly reddish into a small dish of water. This cleans all the gunk off and leaves them shiny new and ready for a new wick. You don't want to heat them up until they're glowing really bright like you would with kanthal however because they will melt as they heat up much quicker than kanthal.

As far as Clapton's go they can be great but IMO far too many people get caught up in the hype and end up putting so much wire into their atties that it essentially becomes a little oven... Hahaaaa! There's so much heat from all of the wire mass that they cook all of the flavor out of their liquids. E liquid likes short bursts of heat when atomizing but not ANY long term exposure, it will run any delicate nuances in the juice.

Clapton's are best done with smaller wires like 26g core and 38g or 40g wrap to increase the surface area of the atomizing area but not act as a long term heat sink. IMO the faster they heat up and cool down the better.

Really though as a new builder you should just worry about getting some simple coils made first. Clapton's can be bought or can be a goal to shoot for eventually on down the road once you figure out how to do basic builds. I certainly didn't start with Clapton's none of us did that have been building for a long time Clapton's didn't really even come around until I don't know maybe this last year? I still only have Clapton's that I'm running in one of my many many atties because I feel like 90% of the time they're just not appropriate and they actually decrease the amount of flavor that you get. And as is so often the case simple is often just better

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hadaly it is then! When I get round to getting the bits for it I'll report back

In terms of wire and cotton which is a good bet ...I don't plan on using temp control Unless that is the way to go? and want to try making claptons :) unless there is a better coil method for the hadaly?

Go simple. 316 L stainless steel wire is versatile and easy to work with. The gauge depends on how you plan to vape with it.

There are plenty of places to get it online.

My favorite when I'm experimenting (which you are too, lol) is www.advancedvapesupply.com

I like them over less expensive places like eBay and Temco for two reasons. First, their wire is CLEAN. Second, the manager is a member here on VU and is super helpful if you have questions ;) If you have questions, email them from the site before you buy.

Something you might consider, is checking out that site and getting several different handmade coils, some simple SS, and some Claptons and see for yourself if you like how they vape for what you are doing. Their prices for handmade coils are surprisingly low.

Purecoils.com is also a great place to get a few handmade coils at a good price. The owner is also a VU member.

As for wicking, you will get as many answers as there are VU members.

I like Cotton Bacon the best. Again, just my opinion.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks guys again really helpful and insightful:hug:

@ZenZephyr silly question but do you take the coil completely out to clean it or leave it on the deck?

By the way as per my original post going for balance of flavour/cloud (more on the side of flavour but like a big cloud always have always will) and like a warm vape if that changes anything you said

@JuicyLucy im over the pond so shipping is going to be a problem I'll take a look around for something over my side in the UK

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
silly question but do you take the coil completely out to clean it or leave it on the deck?

I leave my in the atty, "strum it" with tweezers, pulse the crap off, strum it again, then just wipe any gunk out with with vodka and a qtip or paper towel. I never plunge it in water. Would consider it if need be, though.

I have high quality well water, but wouldn't want to do that with chlorinated water. But that's just me :)

@KingPin! Not a silly question at all...I believe no question should ever be considered too silly. When people are empowered to ask about things they don't understand we all benefit. I think it's awesome that you're wanting to learn how to build for yourself It's silly to me how many people get into this Hobby but never learn how to build coils or make juice or work on their mods etc etc... it's part of the real fun in all of this! Also the more that all of us know about the how and why of everything it makes vaping safer when people start to understand why they should or shouldn't do some things.

To answer your question I leave the coil right on the deck and the atty deck on the mod. That way I can fire the coil to heat it up and then either flip it upside down to dip the hot coil in the water or alternatively use a piece of cotton or paper towel really soaked with water to wipe the coil. The rapid cooling shocks all of the gunk off the coil. It will even remove some of the excess oxidation from the outside of the coil. Doing this a couple of times will leave your coils clean as a whistle!

The water really is a much faster method than any other way that I've tried. I've been vaping for 4 plus years and I've tried a lot of things. The other added benefit of this is that it hardens the metal of the coil. This makes it easier to pull your new wick through without deforming the coil when it's time to rewick. This is the same process that they use for hardening Steel or any number of other alloys. It's called quenching if you care to Google it.

Although my profile does say that I'm a new member I am definitely not a new vaper... I just tend to not be very active online at least up to this point.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks matey hopefully this thread will help others in time to come too :) .... is it ok to use SS wire for wattage mode? I like sub ohm gonna aim for 0.3 ohm I reckon when I make them

Last edited:
Thought I'd chime in as a newb squonker who recently took the plunge. I went with the Coppervape myself, but thought I'd pass on the RDA BFs I went with after considerable research. Not to say you won't find something more apropos for your needs, but all info helps:

Narda clone from FT: It's advisable to chamfer the air holes a bit to reduce a whistling noise

https://www.fasttech.com/p/5869600

'ShenRay' Origen clone from 2f:

http://www.2fdeal.com/origen-little...with-beauty-ring-by-shenray-silver_p0912.html

'ShenRay' Hadaly clone from 2f:

http://www.2fdeal.com/shenray-hadal...zer-with-bottom-feeding-pin-silver_p0908.html

The SXK Hadaly on FT is a high-quality build, but the orings are off making the top cap hard to remove (you can remove one of them). Not the case with the ShenRay.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Gonna need some tools as well been looking at

Coil Master DIY KIT V3 Tool Set, and
Geek Vape 521 DIY Master Kit V2

From what can tell only the geek vape Ohm reader can fire the coil as well but otherwise they are pretty similar kits?

Anyone got these sets? And would recommend one over the other

Last edited:

Reigle1972

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gonna need some tools as well been looking at

Coil Master DIY KIT V3 Tool Set, and
Geek Vape 521 DIY Master Kit V2

From what can tell only the geek vape Ohm reader can fire the coil as well but otherwise they are pretty similar kits?

Anyone got these sets? And would recommend one over the other
I've only used coil master kit, can't say anything bad about geek Vape kit just like coil master produces. Another Atty you may be interested in is the Pindad from bombertech
http://www.bombertech.com/shop/

Reigle1972

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anything special to recommend this atty?

Always interested in hearing personal experience before buying :)
I got one yesterday and really like it, it holds 2ml of juice and comes with a bf pin so depending on your Squonker bottle capacity it's a win win. I wish it came in a 24mm, but for being a 22mm it kicks butt. And it's price is affordable, $49-50 for SS, and $55 for black. Varitube has it here in the States
http://www.varitube.com/PinDad-Drip-Tank-by-BomberTech_p_418.html

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
:xD:Ok here's the plan then total cost of this lot gonna be about £175 eek gonna do this thing in stages

Stage 1
Buy the Coil master V3 tool kit £40
Buy some SS 316l wire about £5
Buy some Cotton Bacon V2 about £5

Practice on my TFV8 RTA see if I get on with coil building if ok go to stage 2

Stage 2
Get the RDA Hadaly from Psyclone Vapes £75

Caveat If I get on with dual coil ok from stage one might get the Goon instead £50 or the Hellfire Havoc £125 although I'll see on this but both offer dual coil or single coil options

Try dripping on this stage see if it's that much better if it is I'll go to stage 3. The gap between stage 2-3 gonna be short cause the thought of dripping sounds like a pain in the ass

Also gonna buy several pre made coils in various forms (twisted, Clapton etc see which one I like best and learn how to build that)

Stage 3
buy the squonk mod looking at regulated first Dripbox 160 by Kangertech about £50

Although might go instead with Coppervape BF about £50 with shipping or Reo P67 about £250?

That's the plan anyway can split the cost over the year this way and see if I like it without too much outlay along the way

Thanks again for all the help guys getting really excited already hehe You never know might even be able to add in a squonkaholic on my name lol

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We are all about the flavor -- don't give two shits about clouds.

I'm seriously drooling over the looks of the Lost Vape Therion BF
This is a decent mod, I have the 75 watt version, works nicely for low wattage, which is all that is necessary for a flavorful vape.....:)

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
decent mod
Decent? Should I be looking at a better one?
We usually vape VW between 35-55w

So far I'm looking at these:
Lost Vape Therion BF Squonker DNA75 Kit
ShenRay Hadaly Style RDA (Clone)

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would entertain this one, but not sure I want to spend $170 yet. :rolleyes:

Lost Vape Halcyon Squonker DNA200 Box Mod

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Decent? Should I be looking at a better one?
We usually vape VW between 35-55w

So far I'm looking at these:
Lost Vape Therion BF Squonker DNA75 Kit
ShenRay Hadaly Style RDA (Clone)

Dale is an understated kind of fella and knows his squonks :teehee:

I'm sure the Therion would serve you well, as would the VT75

They're pretty neck and neck in quality and features

VU Sponsors