Become a Patron!

Newbie Regulated Squonk Mod Suggestions?

Nu2Ju

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
New vapor & just recently changed to RDA from tanks. I am currently using a Peerless RDA on my Vaporesso Revenger. It is a loaner tank from my local shop & I have a Dead Rabbit on the way. I am new to RDAs and will have to cover the basics with help from local shop owner (super nice shop). After my first test of the rda there is not much going back to tanks unless absolutely have to case. I love the rda & don't mind dripping but thinking a squonk mod would be wonderful. I am prone to chain vaping at times so probably would want to go with a regulated mod...newbie, chain vaping, learning curve, etc.

I have looked & watched YouTube videos which has been helpful but still not sure where to go or what to get. I would prefer to stay in the $150 or less range. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I did check a thread about squonk mods but it was extensive & I soon got lost. If there is a thread I am missing please point me that way. TIA

RBrewer15

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a pico squeeze which I started squonking with from dripping and fell in love with it. Now I use a custom made squonk box with vandy vape icon rda and it's awesome. I'm looking into a variable wattage squonk box next. Squonk and you'll love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
There are not a lot of regulated squonkers on the market but there are more than there used to be

Under $150

Lost Vape Triade squonker - haven't tried one yet, as they are still very new. The few people I know here on VU that have tried them seem to like them a lot. One person said the Triade catches and tears at their battery wraps. Others have not reported this problem

Under $100 -

VT Inbox by HCigar is a great choice - it's a little wide and only goes up to 75 Watts
Wraith by Council of Vapor - fall apart quickly, but vape well until they go, also up to 75 Watts
Dripbox 2 by Kanger - getting harder to find lately. If you are okay with the Kanger chip, they are a good way to get into regulated squonking on the cheap. Biggest downfall is the non-adjustable 510
Dripbox 160: Same minuses as the DB2 - but it does go to a higher wattage and longer battery life

Under $50

Capo by Ijoy is expected to be released anytime now - can't say anything about it personally

There are other regulated squonkers under $150 that are no longer in production and so harder to find, if you do they are usually second hand, so mileage may vary, lol

These include but not limited to: Gbox by VapeGeek, Vaporflask, SteamCrave made one also

Am probably missing a few, but this is a good start :)

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have a list of options for regulated squonker. It's pretty comprehensive, covering what's available now, available to pre-order, discontinued but maybe available second hand, and places that do custom work.

The Pico Squeeze is a great inexpensive option that I would recommend, it works like a mech, but caps at 50W and has every safety feature you could ask for, but there's quite a few other things to looks at.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/got-a-regulated-bf-list-anything-to-add.355167/

RBrewer15

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They're coming out with an ijoy capo next week that's 100 watts. I'll be trying one of those out. Once you squonk you'll never go back.

Nu2Ju

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They're coming out with an ijoy capo next week that's 100 watts. I'll be trying one of those out. Once you squonk you'll never go back.

I went and checked it out & not sure if it is really nice or really ugly but for pre-order at $40 could grow to love it if it works well. Any info about VapeSourcing.com? Reliable to order from? thanks

RBrewer15

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm not sure. I have a great local shop and that's where I get my stuff from.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I went and checked it out & not sure if it is really nice or really ugly but for pre-order at $40 could grow to love it if it works well. Any info about VapeSourcing.com? Reliable to order from? thanks

Personally have never ordered from there so can't say

FT has them for $41-$46, also preorder

Remember, preorder dates are always just estimates - no matter where you order it from

Nu2Ju

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Personally have never ordered from there so can't say

FT has them for $41-$46, also preorder

Remember, preorder dates are always just estimates - no matter where you order it from

What is FT? I can also ask my local shop about it.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
FastTech

Also from China - I order from them all the time, never had a problem

Now, preorder almost always takes forever, but so does every other preorder vendor, whether US or China

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Almost forgot to mention, if you get a version that comes with a battery, it almost definitely will not support hitting 100W. The sold separately 3000mAh 20700 batteries will. With an 18650 adapter the VTC5A may as well.

I'm more in the 40-60 Watt range, but just thought I'd put that out there.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I see the new Fuchai squonker IS STILL NOT AVAILABLE

EDITED

Last edited:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

RBrewer15

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you're going to be new to squonking I'd pick up a pico squeeze to try first. Inexpensive and works with the coral rda it comes with. Most rdas now come with squonk pins so you could always switch up to a better rda. I think the squeeze is 50 watt

RBrewer15

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is my custom made 864 squonk box
9061f2fb6b74e89b7c6d735297974a77.jpg
60a06aeaf30cfda204f740f99893febc.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are not a lot of regulated squonkers on the market but there are more than there used to be

Under $150

Lost Vape Triade squonker - haven't tried one yet, as they are still very new. The few people I know here on VU that have tried them seem to like them a lot. One person said the Triade catches and tears at their battery wraps. Others have not reported this problem

Under $100 -

VT Inbox by HCigar is a great choice - it's a little wide and only goes up to 75 Watts
Wraith by Council of Vapor - fall apart quickly, but vape well until they go, also up to 75 Watts
Dripbox 2 by Kanger - getting harder to find lately. If you are okay with the Kanger chip, they are a good way to get into regulated squonking on the cheap. Biggest downfall is the non-adjustable 510
Dripbox 160: Same minuses as the DB2 - but it does go to a higher wattage and longer battery life

Under $50

Capo by Ijoy is expected to be released anytime now - can't say anything about it personally

There are other regulated squonkers under $150 that are no longer in production and so harder to find, if you do they are usually second hand, so mileage may vary, lol

These include but not limited to: Gbox by VapeGeek, Vaporflask, SteamCrave made one also

Am probably missing a few, but this is a good start :)
You're always so detailed. I love it. Makes it so much easier for somebody instead if the "use Google" that you see from some people.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors