Become a Patron!

Newbie of 4 mths have a few questions !

So I started out with aspire (which I love btw)with a smok baby beast tank.I have vape 35-40watts daily with M2 .015 coils never have had a problem but I have a friend give me a smok procolor 225w, so of course I'm stoked to use it, cleaned it all up and started to use it today but have noticed pro don' hit smooth like aspire and now I'm winded with somewhat breathless.... I have the pro set at 40 watts on normal...... is this normal to feel after changing to different mod??

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I started out with aspire (which I love btw)with a smok baby beast tank.I have vape 35-40watts daily with M2 .015 coils never have had a problem but I have a friend give me a smok procolor 225w, so of course I'm stoked to use it, cleaned it all up and started to use it today but have noticed pro don' hit smooth like aspire and now I'm winded with somewhat breathless.... I have the pro set at 40 watts on normal...... is this normal to feel after changing to different mod??
Yeah 40 watts on one device is not always the same as 40 watts on another.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Seems like it doesn't hit as I'm use to either.. Im so confused and thought all mods were the same but I guess that's what I get for thinking again lol .. what's a good watt to start with I've been messinging around with it most the evening and I dont get a good hit unless I'm at like 35-40 water but then get little heart race and winded .

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seems like it doesn't hit as I'm use to either.. Im so confused and thought all mods were the same but I guess that's what I get for thinking again lol .. what's a good watt to start with I've been messinging around with it most the evening and I dont get a good hit unless I'm at like 35-40 water but then get little heart race and winded .
No two of anything on this planet are exactly the same..... your DNA is over a 99% match to every other human.. are you the same as them? Identicle twins are NOT really identicle.

A good wattage to start with is the wattage the feels best to you.. if you cant find a good wattage try a different coil or build. Or try a different juice.. Problem could be the nic level or even the VG/PG levels or flavoring percentage.... could be you have outgrown or need a different atomizer.... could also be the batteries themselves. Some batteries are stronger than others. Output is based on input.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just because a coil is rated or recommended to be used at a certain wattage that isn't always a good starting point. It is recommended to start lower and work your way up. I vape 20-25% less than recommended wattage with most of my coils. Works for me and I hope it helps you find your sweet spot~!

Last edited:

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree with Honda and Steve, no two mods are exactly alike, and when you switch brands the difference can be even more dramatic. I started on a Kanger Top Box Mini, it was good. Went to a Kanger K Box 200, and what a difference, a little stouter hit, better flavor, lower wattage and better battery life. Changed out tanks to an Aspire Cleito and WOW!, huge flavor boost. Now I'm running a Geekvape Aegis with the Cleito, and it is totally different than the K Box. Hits harder, better flavor still, etc. You would think going from a 200w to a 100w mod would be a downgrade, but not in this case. There are so many things that can make a difference. Tank, batteries, the chip programming the manufacturer uses, coils, and the list goes on. For your shortness of breath I'd say maybe dropping nic percentage might help. I'd also say drop the hit to soft or low or whatever Smok calls it, and drop the wattage then experiment up and down till you find your sweet spot like Steve mentioned. Good luck, and have fun.

VU Sponsors