Become a Patron!

Newbie in trouble, which tank for max vg?

Hi, so this is my first post in this forum, even though I have spent so many hours reading in here :) And thank you for all the great threads and recipees, it´s been such a help for a novice like me :)

Can you recommend a tank / set-up (probably need a mod for this) for really high vg juice? Have you tried a tank yourself with high vg juice that wicks properly and doesn´t give dry hits? High vg means app. 90%
I dont want to use a rebuildable, I have 10 thumbs and it´s not my thing (yet) So a tank with coils that I can just buy and change.
I have googled and googled, but have only gotten very confused :)

I´m starting to suspect that I might have a slight sensitivity to pg. My current setup is different kinds of twist batteries (ego style) and several aspire K1 and Ets tanks. I use 50/50 pg/vg juice and mix myself. I´ve only been vaping full time for 6 weeks, when I finally said my ultimate goodbye to the analogs. I´ve been really happy with my setup, big clouds is not that important, the flavor and the sensation (and the ritual) is what made my quitting cigarettes so easy this time. And I love vaping! Absolutely love it!
But slowly my eyes have started to swell, they are getting itchy, and now there are dark circles under my eyes as well. I dont mind the runny nose or the sneezing, but my tired itchy eyes are really a hassle.
Benadryl helps with the itching. I try to drink as much water as I can, I rarely feel thirst, but I drink water anyway, and always have a bottle of water with me.

Now, I dont know for sure if it´s the pg? But as I look back at the past couple of months, I haven´t used any different washing detergents or creams (all labeled non-allergenic and perfumefree) and haven´t eaten anything new. So maybe it´s the pg? I´m willing to experiment, and if it isn´t the pg, then i´ve gotten some new gear and will try different things to find the culprit.

Any help or good advise is very much appreciated :)
-Charlotte

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You meant
100% VG? Correct??
Since you don't do RTA
I don't think there's any clearomizers out there that will handle 100%VG
the JOOZE is TOO THICK....
(IMO)
PG free JOOZE is called VG BASED OR 100%vg
When you say MAX VG that could be
70/30pg
75/25pg
80/20pg
85/15pg
90/10pg

Why not try dripping?
RDA?

VAPE ON

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
You just need a tank with large juice holes. something like a TFV8 tank would work but it requires a high wattage and kicks out a lot of vapor.

I was hoping, that I could try to minimise the amount of pg, but I´m aware that my flavour would still contain pg, so I don´t know the exact percentage yet. And I don´t know, if there is a tank that can handle such a high percentage as say 90% vg.

I really like tanks, and how handy and easy they are :) I think vaping is a progression, where you slowly move towards more extensive and elaborate gear. Maybe one day I´ll try dripping or building coils, but for now I feel most comfortable with just clearomizers or other tanks with changeable coils :)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I was hoping, that I could try to minimise the amount of pg, but I´m aware that my flavour would still contain pg, so I don´t know the exact percentage yet. And I don´t know, if there is a tank that can handle such a high percentage as say 90% vg.

I really like tanks, and how handy and easy they are :) I think vaping is a progression, where you slowly move towards more extensive and elaborate gear. Maybe one day I´ll try dripping or building coils, but for now I feel most comfortable with just clearomizers or other tanks with changeable coils :)
what mod do you have? are you looking for a MTL vape or DTL vape?

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A lot of the new tanks coming out are using coils that are designed for high VG content use. They are putting mongo size feed holes in them. Also, 3rd party coil makers like CoilArt and Atom are making VG friendly coils for tried and true tanks.

Welcome to VU

what mod do you have? are you looking for a MTL vape or DTL vape?
I do like the MTL vape, but I dont think it´s a necessity. I think I could easily get used to DL vaping with a bit of trial and error ;) I currently dont have a mod, just ego batteries, but I´m aware that I have to get a mod along with a new tank.

And thank you RatRacer :)

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I do like the MTL vape, but I dont think it´s a necessity. I think I could easily get used to DL vaping with a bit of trial and error ;)

And thank you RatRacer :)
tanks like the TFV8 are for DTL, if you want MTL i wouldn't recommend it.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
During your research take a look at these and see what you think.
Mod - Smok H-Priv
Tank - Aspire Cleito
You can also get the Smok H-Priv in a kit that includes a Smok TFV4 Micro.
About $55 for the kit.
You'd also need at a minimum a pair of 18650 batteries (Samsung 25r are extremely common)
As well as an external charger.
(I'd recommend 2 sets of batteries, one to use while the other set is charging)
There are countless batteries, chargers, mods, and tanks that could be recommended.
After you start to narrow it down just a bit, many of us have just about everything on the market so we can provide our personal opinion of those particular devices and also provide links of where to get them at a pretty low cost.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
During your research take a look at these and see what you think.
Mod - Smok H-Priv
Tank - Aspire Cleito
You can also get the Smok H-Priv in a kit that includes a Smok TFV4 Micro.
About $55 for the kit.
You'd also need at a minimum a pair of 18650 batteries (Samsung 25r are extremely common)
As well as an external charger.
(I'd recommend 2 sets of batteries, one to use while the other set is charging)
There are countless batteries, chargers, mods, and tanks that could be recommended.
After you start to narrow it down just a bit, many of us have just about everything on the market so we can provide our personal opinion of those particular devices and also provide links of where to get them at a pretty low cost.
I would throw out there to use samsung 30q or LG HG 2 Batteries for better battery life.

Also smok has a new alien kit out. 58.50 on ecig.com with coupon code comes with the TFV8 baby beast tank and a 220 watt box mod
http://www.ecig.com/smoktech-alien-220w-kit.html
You can add in 2 sets of batteries and a charger and have a total of 91.58 including shipping and everything.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would throw out there to use samsung 30q or LG HG 2 Batteries for better battery life.

Also smok has a new alien kit out. 58.50 on ecig.com with coupon code comes with the TFV8 baby beast tank and a 220 watt box mod
http://www.ecig.com/smoktech-alien-220w-kit.html
You can add in 2 sets of batteries and a charger and have a total of 91.58 including shipping and everything.

I couldn't recommend the Smok Alien because not only do I not have one, but they are still a pre-order item.
However I'll certainly have one (or all three color options) once they are available.
I have 3 TFV4 Micro and 2 TFV8 Baby Beast.
With the juice I use coil life was certainly better on the TFV4 Micro.
Flavor production is pretty close to the same on both though.
I should have added the LG HG2 though. My error.
For my personal usage I haven't noticed any battery life difference between the 25R and 30Q.
Just depends on the wattage/resistance they'll be used at.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I couldn't recommend the Smok Alien because not only do I not have one, but they are still a pre-order item.
However I'll certainly have one (or all three color options) once they are available.
I have 3 TFV4 Micro and 2 TFV8 Baby Beast.
With the juice I use coil life was certainly better on the TFV4 Micro.
Flavor production is pretty close to the same on both though.
I should have added the LG HG2 though. My error.
For my personal usage I haven't noticed any battery life difference between the 25R and 30Q.
Just depends on the wattage/resistance they'll be used at.
For me and I haven't used the 25r, but the 30q and hg2 have the same life and both are 3000mah. The 25r should offer a little less. The alien hasn't been reviewed yet but the price point for the package is great and smok is usually on point with their stuff especially for the price point. Also it's no longer pre order, ecig has the red one in stock. Other colors are on ore order though

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Correction:
Error #1 on my part;
Turns out after further review ecig does have the RED kit in stock.
So I placed my order.
Can't say I need any more TFV8 baby Beasts and would prefer just the mod by its self however those are still pre-order.
So I ordered the kit. lol
Thanks @SirRichardRear for posting and forcing me to verify what I THOUGHT to be correct info just to find out I was mistaken.
In this case it turns out to be a good mistake.
haha
Error #2 on my part was thinking there was only 3 color options.
Seems Smok has decided to add a blue one into the mix since I was last on their site.
This was not part of the original line up of red, gold, black.
So now I get to have FOUR new mods in my collection.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Correction:
Error #1 on my part;
Turns out after further review ecig does have the RED kit in stock.
So I placed my order.
Can't say I need any more TFV8 baby Beasts and would prefer just the mod by its self however those are still pre-order.
So I ordered the kit. lol
Thanks @SirRichardRear for posting and forcing me to verify what I THOUGHT to be correct info just to find out I was mistaken.
In this case it turns out to be a good mistake.
haha
Error #2 on my part was thinking there was only 3 color options.
Seems Smok has decided to add a blue one into the mix since I was last on their site.
This was not part of the original line up of red, gold, black.
So now I get to have FOUR new mods in my collection.
Nice. How many baby beasts do you have?

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Once this order comes in I'll be up to 5.
I keep 2 on the shelf, am testing 1 still and daughter is testing one.
On a positive note, I think my daughter wants one of them I've had her testing.
Personally I like the TFV4 Micro better.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Once this order comes in I'll be up to 5.
I keep 2 on the shelf, am testing 1 still and daughter is testing one.
On a positive note, I think my daughter wants one of them I've had her testing.
Personally I like the TFV4 Micro better.
Dam that's the lot of them

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure if it's been mentioned here but I would recommended the Herakles Plus.

Thank you for your advice! It´s far easier to navigate the tank/mod jungle, when
I have some specific tanks and mods to look at, and nothing beats personal experience and recommendations! :D
I´ll look at both TFV4 and 8 (not sure if I can get aliens version here in my city yet, I´ll look into that, SMOK H priv as well) and the Herakles plus.

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi, so this is my first post in this forum, even though I have spent so many hours reading in here :) And thank you for all the great threads and recipees, it´s been such a help for a novice like me :)

Can you recommend a tank / set-up (probably need a mod for this) for really high vg juice? Have you tried a tank yourself with high vg juice that wicks properly and doesn´t give dry hits? High vg means app. 90%
I dont want to use a rebuildable, I have 10 thumbs and it´s not my thing (yet) So a tank with coils that I can just buy and change.
I have googled and googled, but have only gotten very confused :)

I´m starting to suspect that I might have a slight sensitivity to pg. My current setup is different kinds of twist batteries (ego style) and several aspire K1 and Ets tanks. I use 50/50 pg/vg juice and mix myself. I´ve only been vaping full time for 6 weeks, when I finally said my ultimate goodbye to the analogs. I´ve been really happy with my setup, big clouds is not that important, the flavor and the sensation (and the ritual) is what made my quitting cigarettes so easy this time. And I love vaping! Absolutely love it!
But slowly my eyes have started to swell, they are getting itchy, and now there are dark circles under my eyes as well. I dont mind the runny nose or the sneezing, but my tired itchy eyes are really a hassle.
Benadryl helps with the itching. I try to drink as much water as I can, I rarely feel thirst, but I drink water anyway, and always have a bottle of water with me.

Now, I dont know for sure if it´s the pg? But as I look back at the past couple of months, I haven´t used any different washing detergents or creams (all labeled non-allergenic and perfumefree) and haven´t eaten anything new. So maybe it´s the pg? I´m willing to experiment, and if it isn´t the pg, then i´ve gotten some new gear and will try different things to find the culprit.

Any help or good advise is very much appreciated :)
-Charlotte

I use 100% VG (jooze is too thick) all the time. I water it down. Most recommend to use distilled water. I don't like PG, so I always vape 100% VG.

VU Sponsors