Newbie diluting eliquid nicotine

Pablo Pantalones

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi,

I'm currently using 18/24 mg ejuice, have 3 bottles, and it's way to strong. So I want to dilute the juice a little for now.

I learned that you can use vegetable glycerin to dilute the ejuice. I'm not sure what the ratio of VG to PG the current ejuices are, there is no info on the label, but it is a mixture.

What other kinds of things can you mix with eliquid? I've heard you can add things like alchohol, or vanilla extract, to add flavor and water down the eliquid. How much of that kind of stuff can I add?

How safe is this stuff to add to the eliquid? I'm assuming that cigarettes contain all sorts of crap that tobacco companies don't even bother to try to filter out, simply because they aren't bound to by law (but rather more concerned with profit).

Last edited:

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
To cut your nic in half (so change 18mg/ml to 9mg/ml) you want to use equal parts of the premade juice and vg (or pg if you get some and have a preferred ratio). This will also cut the flavor in half, so you may find that you want to add extra flavor. Exactly how much flavor is up to the specific flavors you're using and your personal preference. If you're using recommended percentages of a given flavor I would calc it as a percent of the vg you are using, not the total volume in the final mix and go from there. You can always add more flavor but it's hard to take it away.

Pablo Pantalones

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I added some campari to the mixture. Is this safe to do? Campari is an herbal bitter, which is a 20% ABV infusion of herbs and fruit in alcohol and water.

I'm assuming they use distilled water when making campari, so the extra 58 percent or whatever in the campari should be safe to vape?

On a side note, when I added it it now produces a huge amount of vapor, much more than it did before.

I want to add some VG, but I'm trying to determine the purity of the VG I bought (it doesn't say).

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have no idea if adding Campari is a good idea. I would think the sugars in the fruit and alcohol would be a concern for both your coils and your lungs. I would recommend only using flavor concentrates that are meant for use in eliquids.

Pablo Pantalones

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Was starting to think the same thing. I guess I'll just use the eliquids that are designed and sold for such purposes and not try to tinker around with it since there are unknowns in vaping.

As a side note, it looks like VG and PG are sugar-like substances or are metabolized into sugar when inhaled, which causes a blood sugar spike to begin with, so adding more sugar probably isn't a good idea -

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...60550-blood-sugar-changes-related-vaping.html

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was starting to think the same thing. I guess I'll just use the eliquids that are designed and sold for such purposes and not try to tinker around with it since there are unknowns in vaping.

As a side note, it looks like VG and PG are sugar-like substances or are metabolized into sugar when inhaled, which causes a blood sugar spike to begin with, so adding more sugar probably isn't a good idea -

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...60550-blood-sugar-changes-related-vaping.html

I know diabetics who can vape both PG and VG with no issues, so it's unlikely these cause a blood sugar spike. Nicotine, however, does affect one diabetic friend of mine, and she's had to reduce that. But I agree it's probably not a good idea to vape campari, even if only for the sake of your coils!

Dan Knight

Member For 4 Years
I'm diabetic (type 2) and have not experienced any glucose fluctuations related to vaping. In fact, my glucose is under better control now than it was before I started vaping.

VU Sponsors