Become a Patron!

New

PaVaporGirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So literally it'd been 4 days of vaping so far it's been ok...having a hard time with the juice it all seems to taste real chemically or like a perfume to me. I tried a good many in the past 4 days. Well bought them. From the vape store with there recommendation. I really couldn' taste it when they let me sample it but was told it was number one seller. Seems that smoking a cigarette is way easier buy same brand same quality crap open light enjoy. From what see with vaping there are 30000 different juice company's and 25000 of them taste like crap. What even make it taste like that? And how can someone even like that?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey there, and welcome to VU!
Ah, you have been a victim of "subjective taste," I see. That's one of the more difficult aspects of vaping, or at least it was for me, finding my sweet spot with a flavor. I didn't get the luxury of trying them out at first, I ordered mine online and it was pot luck every time I filled my tank. Sometimes you have to go through that to discover your tastes. And keep in mind too that you just quit smoking, it'll take some time for your olfactory senses to recover so you can actually taste flavors as they were intended. Same with food. On the darker side, some juices just suck. You'll learn what to avoid as time goes on.

Glad to have you aboard!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome again.
I also have issues with chemical tastes in commercial ejuice.
Custards and tobaccos seem to have less issues with the chemical tastes and fruits more issues.

My solution was to go DIY as I also have serious issues with some of the ingredients causing bad oral inflammation and sore lungs.
I still cannot use most of the flavorings I try but find several that work for me.

Yes Vaping is more trouble than smoking and does not work as universally as smoking.
However it is much safer and once you work out the bumps much more enjoyable than smoking.
And you feel better and do not stink.

PaVaporGirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One day at a time.. It is frustrating. So far what im seeing is many companies are just pumping out everything and anything. Going to keep going maybe diy is they way to go. Then I control what I make and the quality of the juice. Have to get off the cigs first and figure everything out in between.

PaVaporGirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did notice a contest page is that real? Or just free advertising/promotion.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DIY is also MUCH cheaper than buying juice.

contest page?
I dunno we have several contest threads on here. I won a Disguiser mod once.
Most contests are both promotions and legitimate contests it seems.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's tough to start out. Once you find a juice you like you'll be a lot better off. One vendor I love is Verde valley Vapes. One of there people are actually a member here too which is great. They have great juice at a cheaper price than buying at a store. And as far as the tasting flavors,when I first quit smoking my taste buds we're wrecked.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PaVaporGirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have to check into verde valley vapes.. I did order from vape wild and hated all of the juice..Maybe I will save it give my taste buda sometime to get back to normalish.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I won some flavorings from Vape wild once.
Nice of them but did not care much for their flavorings.
Never tried their juice though since I have been 100% DIY for a couple of years.
My ADV juice costs me $1.45 for 120 ml.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Keep in mind that most juices are made fresh to order and need steep time. Wait a couple weeks or so and they may taste totally different once the flavorings have time to "mingle."
True this.
do not toss em till they have sat around for a few weeks and then toss if you still do not like them.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't buy vendor juice either, but VW sent me a free bottle of Fruit Hoops when I purchased a mod from them and I actually liked it.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have to check into verde valley vapes.. I did order from vape wild and hated all of the juice..Maybe I will save it give my taste buda sometime to get back to normalish.
What flavors from vape wild did you get. I can recommend some as I love most of their juice but not all.
Hooch, wrecking ball,b+c squared, bombshell batter to start a few. Most I believe are made to order. I would not try the banana nut bread though. As good as it sounds it's terrible. Oh another great in circus bear. Let it steep for a couple weeks. Banana strawberry cream. Oh man I forgot how good it was and will be reordering Friday.

PaVaporGirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They have like a floor cleaner taste to me like lemon pledge or something

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Flint stoned, fruit hoops, s+c2, surf cake, sugar cookies
The s+c2 should be pretty good. I enjoyed it a while back. I know the blueberry one is as well. I actually haven't tried any of the other flavors.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They have like a floor cleaner taste to me like lemon pledge or something
Now the flintstoned probably will since it's a pebbles. Naturally had lemon flavor. The hoops as well I believe. I've seen people not like some pebble flavor for the overpowered lemon

PaVaporGirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
VU comes down hard on vendors if they don't follow through with contests

I've won a few despite not entering that many - the odds are pretty good
Thank you. Thats good to know. I just know social media is a great way to advertise and using people to share it away free of cost to the vendor. And offering something free in return. Like to win some juice. I have had bad luck so far with my short adventure in vaping.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you. Thats good to know. I just know social media is a great way to advertise and using people to share it away free of cost to the vendor. And offering something free in return. Like to win some juice. I have had bad luck so far with my short adventure in vaping.
Hang in there I very nearly went back to smoking 3 years ago when I found that I could not tolerate most commercial ejuice.
Saved by DIY and smoke free for 3 years.

VU Sponsors