Become a Patron!

New vaper wants to upgrade from greensmoke

Hi all,

Just recently re-started vaping after a few years. I had a greensmoke starter kit so that's what i'm using now. I'm now looking to upgrade to a more advanced device. I like the long narrow form factor of a cigalike but i don't hold it beween my fingers when vaping because iT is stil a lot heavier then a normal cigarette. I've been googling and youtubing but it's all kinda confusing. Some devices are long and slender like the ego and others are more like a pack of cigarettes with a protruding straw.

For me the most importantrequirements are:

- form factor, i want to be able to put it in a deep but narrow pocket as i am on the road a lot and i like to take it out for a quick puff and put it back wich doesn't look so easy with the bigger devices.
- i want to try different juices and not be limited by the available cartomizers of that manufacturer.
- easy battery switching on the road
- multiple juice tanks also for changing flavours during the day

As newbie the joyetech ego looks promising but i don't want to fall for a marketing trap and have to rebuy everything over after a few months.

Any input from the community here?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I see the Ego One Mega recommended a lot as a stick type battery. If you don't mind a small box type, the iStick is a good one. Neither of these have a replaceable battery, but will last a good while.

Please, if I'm wrong, someone correct me.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
20150816_102919_resized.jpg For my work I use two Ego style devices. Can fit both in a small pouch in my front pocket. That way I have two flavors with me at all times.

Rekonball

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First how much did you smoke, and if you stick with cigalites you need quite a few batteries to make it worth your while. You can still get cartridges for those, but I think you should get a small setup like a coolfire and a tank, otherwise you'd be changing and refilling all the time.

Up until 3 months ago i smoked between 25 and 30 cigarettes a day ( Marlboro red ) i quit for about one month using hypnosis and started again about three weeks ago (dual, switching between greensmoke 1.8% absolute tobacco and Marlboro lights )

I did some online research and i have a selection i would like your input on.

Justfog 2043 or 1453

Joyetech ego-cc

Kanger emow

Eleaf ijust mini

All of these are easy and fast to get here ( webshops in Holland or belgium )

To me the main differences i see are
- battery capacity
- tank size
- price

I'm going to keep my greensmoke around as Back-up or discrete vaping solution ( i think ppl would look funny if you sit in a public place wielding a Large contraption that produces a lot of vape )

Things i want to avoid are:
- liquid dripping into my mouth
- a lot of work cleaning/rebuilding
- bad customer support
- breaking device after a few months

Thx for your input!!

ChrisL i looked up your devices but it seems i can only order them online from China? And i read Some horrorstories about Chinese copies of popular e-cigs ( mainly dripping, spilling, parts that don't fit Well etc)

Oh yeah, i also read a lot about using other tanks/clearomizers/vaporizers on your device. Is this possible with the devices in my list?

The Ocelot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I started with Green Smoke. It lasted less than a week. During that time I learned the word "vaping" and a whole world opened up to me! You are very lucky to have so many choices of equipment now.

The Ocelot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ChrisL i looked up your devices but it seems i can only order them online from China? And i read Some horrorstories about Chinese copies of popular e-cigs ( mainly dripping, spilling, parts that don't fit Well etc)

Clones from China are often recommended due to the price. Some clones are/or almost as good as the authentic, others can be awful. You need to do your homework and read reviews of different clone models, if that is what you are looking for.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I

I picked up the Tesla Spider II from Fasttech for 17.00, and the Ola X from Discount Vapors for 26.00. Both Nautilus minis are from my local B/M for 23.00 each. I think you need at least 5V or more for a satisfying vape. 4.8V (most pen batteries) is just not enough. I myself am looking at the Kanger IPow (15w) or the Vision Vapros (20w ?). I have handled both, and they are quality devices. If you don't mind the wait, Fasttech is a great vendor. DV is also top notch with customer service. Just have to search around for deals. Might also check youtube for videos of devices/tanks etc, your interested in. Good luck.

VapeDogg22

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For me the most importantrequirements are:

- form factor, i want to be able to put it in a deep but narrow pocket as i am on the road a lot and i like to take it out for a quick puff and put it back wich doesn't look so easy with the bigger devices.
- i want to try different juices and not be limited by the available cartomizers of that manufacturer.
- easy battery switching on the road
- multiple juice tanks also for changing flavours during the day

As newbie the joyetech ego looks promising but i don't want to fall for a marketing trap and have to rebuy everything over after a few months.

Any input from the community here?

I have an leaf stick30 watt and a kangertech subtank nano. It's a stealthy little setup that fits in my pocket nicely with decent battery life. I highly recommend it.

VU Sponsors