Become a Patron!

New Vaper Shopping List

VapeMate

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys
i need a full shopping list from FastTech(w/ links plz)
Everything to start and keep on vaping for a long time, i mean durable stuff
Mod,atty,battery,charger,wick,wire, and anything else that is necessary for vaping and rebuilding
please let it be cheap enough for a starter

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Well first thing you need is a mod. Since you are on a budget, that kanger set I linked in the other thread is a good starting point. You can always add an RDA (drip atomizer) later. That covers your tank and mod.

I believe that kit is 75w so you want to get the most from the power you have. 28ga Kanthal and or NiCr are great for heating and 32ga stainless steel is great for a beginner on that tank. You want smaller coils to fit the mini rba and make use of the limited power of the mod. 28 NiCr and 32ga ss are great for making a single core clapton (like a guitar string) in the limited space of that RBA.

A little blue screwdriver comes with the kit. The ID of the screwdriver bit is 2.25mm so you can easily build coils that fit. No need to buy a coil jig at this point.

Since the mod is regulated, you don't have to worry much about resistance, just wattage. Steam-engine.org will help you pre-build virtual coils and figure the wattage required and the resistance. If your resistance is to low, it wont fire the mod. No problem there. To high, it wont fire the mod. lol. I believe your resistance range is 0.10 or 0.15 ohms low end and 3.0 ohm high end. Most of your coils will be between 0.3 low to 2.2 ohm high, usually around 0.80 give or take. Mine is at 0.67 now and runs 35w. This will save you a couple $$$ on an ohm meter, but you should get one asap.

you can get an extra RBA mini for $2 to $3, so you can have an extra one built, but that is optional.
and you will need some cotton. You can buy from fast tech, your local shop or the make up counter at the dept or drug store, but make sure it is 100% pure organic cotton. (no polyester or nylon blends) Some people like the sheets of cotton, i prefer cotton bacon, since you have to peel off the top layer of the sheets (a waste and effort (Im lazy))

Later on, you will probably want a spare battery and a charger. But that is a want, not a need.

So basically all you need is your mod and tank
28g resistance wire and 32ga stainless steel
and some cotton to wick with.
screwdriver comes with the kit or you can get a $1 set of drill bits at the local dollar or pound shop.

I believe, the kit also comes with 2 premade coils for the RBA mini and 2 (or 3) factory coils, 0.5 and 0.3 (or 0.80) ohm. Some kits have all 3.

VapeMate

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ok this is really awesome, but can you please give links to all these items including battery and charger cause i see so many different kinds of batteries, RBAs, etc on fasttech?
i want to get a modkit, wire and wick, rta and whatever i need cause i'm gonna pay taxes and too much effort to receive a package from outside so this will be like a one-shop for lifetime lol

EDIT: oh i saw the mod can charge the battery with a usb cable, so that's enough for me and charger is not necessary, right?

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
" one-shop for lifetime" ???
LMAO... no it wont.
LOL...
LOL
LOL
Still laughing....
We have a term for it. It's called "shinyitis" like.. OOOOooooooooooooo a new shiny! Want proof? Ask people how many tanks and rda they have. I have 1 tank and 5 rdas. and 2 mods, a reg and a mech. Ohhhh shiny...

The rda is up to your personal preference. Tsunami or Kennedy for flavor and MutationX for cloud.
The tank that comes with the kit will probably do you quite nicely.

I linked a kit in the previous thread. That is a nice starter kit and easy to build on.
Just make sure that any atomizers you buy have PEEK insulation. (high temp plastic). Regular rubber and plastic can melt and cause a short.

You probably want a 2 slot nitecore charger and 2 18650 batteries. Probably LG Hg2 or Samsung 25R the HG2 has a slightly longer run time. Both are excellent batteries.

I could link everything, but that is kinda something you should look into. Maybe you will see something you like better.
Pick a couple and if you like, link them on here and just ask what people think of them. Mention if you are after flavor or clouds though. Some are better for one than the other.

I have a mutationX V4 that i like. I can open up the air flow full tilt for cloud or choke it off for flavor.

By the way... shipping is FREE. Gov't of China gives free shipping to web based business in China to increase money coming into China.
No tax when shipped, so that depends on how they handle taxes where you are. Small packets here are tax exempt. (under $100 I think) larger you have to (or are supposed to) submit on your own. Yeah.. Like that's gonna happen.. LOL. I'm in Canada btw.

So either way, you will pay the same amount of tax, whether you get everything at once or a bit at a time. Free shipping so you don't need to worry there.

OH.. you might want to add flush cut wire cutters and ceramic tweezers (and maybe an extra set of tweezer tips) to the list. They are really handy.

VapeMate

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LMAO... no it wont.
LOL...
LOL
LOL
Still laughing....

LOL :D

"
I could link everything, but that is kinda something you should look into. Maybe you will see something you like better.
Pick a couple and if you like, link them on here and just ask what people think of them. Mention if you are after flavor or clouds though. Some are better for one than the other.

yeah that's a great idea but it's a lil bit hard for me to find out all properties of the items, for example that PEEK insulation you said is not in product details of fasttech items as far as i see

"
I'm in Canada btw.

OH! :eek: Yeaaaah!

"
I have a mutationX V4 that i like. I can open up the air flow full tilt for cloud or choke it off for flavor.

Mutation X V4 looks cool, i like clouds more than flavor but i'm gonna make flavoring liquids too but the matter is i think RTAs are better for me
RDA doesn't have tank and has to be filled by dripping drops, right? i'm confused a lil bit cause everybody suggesting RDA while RTAs seem to be better with a liquid holding tank

and why the heck all shipping methods are gone for a battery!!!!

and do i really need extra atomizer? isn't the one on the kit enough? should i skip extra rba so i can get more rebuilding things?

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-24_15-32-35.png
    upload_2017-3-24_15-32-35.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 8

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
RTA is easier.. just fill and go. (one comes with the kit) *and also, you wouldn't want a huge RTA since you are limited to power anyway. Don't worry about more power right now, you can get a more powerful mod later. The kit mod is great for traveling, its small and you can drop it in your shirt pocket or a cell phone case (not pants pocket, to much motion and risk of bending or contacting loose change) Remember, you said you had a budget, so I am thinking of terms of more bang for your bucks.

RDA you get better flavor and/or clouds. For example, I can put a 7 wrap clapton with a 4.0mm id core on an rda, dual coil. Those will not fit on most rtas that I know of. I drip usually once every 6 to 10 puffs just for vaping purposes. For clouds it is about once every 3 puffs. My build now, i vape around 170w but for clouds I up it to 200w. Same coil, different temp and air flow.

the extra RBA is like $2 for a clone a little more for authentic. It isn't required, but nice to have.

I think one tank (with the kit) plus 1 RDA (I would go with the MutX, since it does both flavor and clouds) and your basic building tools. As you learn more about building then you can get more. For example, I started ordering my 32ga stainless steel on a 30 foot roll. Now I am buying it by the 1000 foot roll. I didn't start out making claptons, now I do. You will need to get good at making single coils, and then try single core claptons. Clapton give better flavor, single wire gives better cloud.

I wouldn't worry much about batteries from fast tech, I recommend buying locally where they can prove they are authentic, first run and fully inspected and passed all quality tests.

The charger and spare battery are optional, but really nice to have on hand if your mod runs out of battery power. Just pop in a fresh battery and charge the depleted one... otherwise, you sit in a chair watching your mod charge and wishing you had a spare battery. LOL. You can always pick that up later too.

So the basics..

Mod kit with tank
28ga wire (and optional 26 ga)
(32 ga stainless steel wire - recommended but optional)
cotton
flush cut wire cutters
*ceramic tweezers - optional but recommended*
A battery, you may have to buy locally.

That's all you need to get started.

Once you figure out the cost of that, you can look at your budget and decide if you want to get something else now, or wait a bit. Like I want a new tank but needed nicotine for my DIY.. so I got the Nic now, and the tank I will get a bit later.

stmtpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I first started vaping I didn’t understand the reason for spares. I quickly learned the error of my ways.

Extras for everything is VERY nice to have because you will find yourself in a situation where you either need a backup or something isn’t acting/performing right and you need something else to compare to.

EXAMPLES:

Spare batteries - It’s best practice to have “married” batteries. So if you need 2 for a mod, buy 4 and have a spare set ready to go. As already said above, do NOT buy these from anyone other than recommended vendors.

Spare atty - In the event a build / coil isn’t acting / performing as expected, you need something to compare it to or it breaks.

Spare MOD - same reason above and as a backup when the primary quits working.

I won’t provide links because what I like won’t be what you like.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The spares can come later. To keep your start up cost down somewhat. They are a really good idea for later on.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
IMO cheap doesn't usually work, but budget-conscious definitely can. My first mod is a Wismec Reuleaux RX2/3. In 2 battery configuration it is portable enough, whereas in 3 battery configuration it extends battery life and still doesn't feel uncomfortably oversized. My second mod is the Reuleaux RX300, which, personally, I like better than my RX2/3. I am subohming at 0.11 ohms and 138 watts right now, and my RX300 in VW mode with four VTC5A batteries hits more consistently (hard). This is with a 25mm Wotofo The Troll RDA 2. Also have a 24mm Goon RDA that I haven't given much love yet, but that's just because currently my troll has staple staggered fused claptons in it, whereas my goon is left with only a single big alien coil for now. I use Cotton Bacon v2 for my wicks, and recently bought some Native Wicks Platinum Blend. Also I can recommend the Coil Master kit v3 because it has several necessary tools in it. Very important on top of all that, get a decent separate battery charger for your 18650 batteries. I use a Nitecore D4. I own eight batteries so that I can still vape my RX300 whilst batteries are charging in the Nitecore. I have a box of 7-in-1 Demon Killer prebuilt coils, but I never used them. It didn't take very long before I started to build my own coils so get a drill, a vice or clamp, some ball bearing swivels, a few spools of wire, masking tape, and never give up. But don't forget to order juice.

VapeMate

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
upload_2017-3-24_20-59-57.png

what to add? what to remove? what to replace? what worth and what doesn't? what needs are missing?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Of course.. you could just go with something like...

View attachment 77703
heh heh heh...
LOL
Couldn't resist.
...Or something like this,

16230437_1238983702858802_6896738379451334656_n.jpg

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
View attachment 77709

what to add? what to remove? what to replace? what worth and what doesn't? what needs are missing?

Looks good. Be careful with that kennedy clone, although it probably will not get hot enough to cause any issues.
I found this as well. If the attys have PEEK insulators they will say PEEK in the discription, otherwise.... not PEEK. I do have that kennedy clone btw. Ummm I am not fussy about it, the holes did not match up properly so hard to trap the wire. I solved this by clipping some bits off a metal coat hanger and dropping them down into the holes. About 1/16 inch was enough. If they were to long, i used a drill and drilled through the coathanger bits where the holes are in the posts. It works.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10014058/4024102-authentic-kangertech-topbox-mini-starter-kit

It is a little more money, but lets you go to 75W rather than 50.

*extra power = extra cloud* (since you mentioned it earlier)
Both are very nice starter kits.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Looks good. Be careful with that kennedy clone, although it probably will not get hot enough to cause any issues.
I found this as well. If the attys have PEEK insulators they will say PEEK in the discription, otherwise.... not PEEK. I do have that kennedy clone btw. Ummm I am not fussy about it, the holes did not match up properly so hard to trap the wire. I solved this by clipping some bits off a metal coat hanger and dropping them down into the holes. About 1/16 inch was enough. If they were to long, i used a drill and drilled through the coathanger bits where the holes are in the posts. It works.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10014058/4024102-authentic-kangertech-topbox-mini-starter-kit

and maybe these...
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10019093/3972800-5-stainless-steel-diagonal-cutting-pliers

those aren't high grade, but you are only using thin wire. Anything higher than say.. 22ga you should be fine.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
@VapeMate So hope this isn't to confusing. I started using nail clippers, but it got to expensive when i dulled them. Not to mention it was unhealthy. They were my wifes nail clippers...

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Heh heh.. I'm trying to talk my brother into getting me a 30mm shell casing. Cut off the bottom, adjust to fit a 30mm rda base and....
Cut off the bottom? They're 740 Euros a piece... only 30 of them were made so I consider myself privileged to even have seen one with my very own eyes.

VapeMate

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

ok now how is this one, all good and compatible?

upload_2017-3-25_3-5-21.png

VapeMate

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@VapeMate So hope this isn't to confusing. I started using nail clippers, but it got to expensive when i dulled them. Not to mention it was unhealthy. They were my wifes nail clippers...

i already have electronics stuff, the only thing i don't have is a damn accurate multimeter

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Cut off the bottom? They're 740 Euros a piece... only 30 of them were made so I consider myself privileged to even have seen one with my very own eyes.
My brother is in the military. 30mm is just the size i told him i needed. Thinking it would make a cool ass chimney on an rda though.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
i already have electronics stuff, the only thing i don't have is a damn accurate multimeter
Same here. I usually just use steam engine and test it. Prob is my ohm meter isn't accurate. It's off by about 0.04 ohm.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My brother is in the military. 30mm is just the size i told him i needed. Thinking it would make a cool ass chimney on an rda though.
If I wanted a 30mm RDA, then I would go for one that gives the option to connect the dual coils in series instead of being limited to connecting them in parallel. For example, the 30mm Modfather RDA or the 30mm Vapergate Mason Advocate RDA.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
If I wanted a 30mm RDA, then I would go for one that gives the option to connect the dual coils in series instead of being limited to connecting them in parallel. For example, the 30mm Modfather RDA or the 30mm Vapergate Mason Advocate RDA.
I wasn't concerned with the actual RDA base.. the point was vaping on a 30mm shell casing. Buff it up to put a nice shine on it. Just as the "cap" part of the RDA. Have to clean it out really well first, to get the residue out. But thinking of using that on a polished brass mech.. I just think it would make a pretty cool looking rig.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wasn't concerned with the actual RDA base.. the point was vaping on a 30mm shell casing. Buff it up to put a nice shine on it. Just as the "cap" part of the RDA. Have to clean it out really well first, to get the residue out. But thinking of using that on a polished brass mech.. I just think it would make a pretty cool looking rig.
While I agree the cool factor can, and does add to the vape experience, above anything else it still has to be safe. And functional / practical enough to warrant the additional cost and the time / effort it will take to be able to obtain, but I've always liked art as well. :)

VapeMate

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

you guys are speaking of something that sounds to be delicious :popcorn:

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
you guys are speaking of something that sounds to be delicious :popcorn:

something like this.. and add a bullet shaped vape tip...

brass shell.jpg
Thinking give that a spray with some graphite and buff it with a jewelers wheel for mirror shine. Have to cut and de-burr the bottom..

but.. we strayed a bit from the topic. lol.

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LMAO... no it wont.
LOL...
LOL
LOL
Still laughing....
We have a term for it. It's called "shinyitis" like.. OOOOooooooooooooo a new shiny! Want proof? Ask people how many tanks and rda they have. I have 1 tank and 5 rdas. and 2 mods, a reg and a mech. Ohhhh shiny...

The rda is up to your personal preference. Tsunami or Kennedy for flavor and MutationX for cloud.
The tank that comes with the kit will probably do you quite nicely.

I linked a kit in the previous thread. That is a nice starter kit and easy to build on.
Just make sure that any atomizers you buy have PEEK insulation. (high temp plastic). Regular rubber and plastic can melt and cause a short.

You probably want a 2 slot nitecore charger and 2 18650 batteries. Probably LG Hg2 or Samsung 25R the HG2 has a slightly longer run time. Both are excellent batteries.

By the way... shipping is FREE. Gov't of China gives free shipping to web based business in China to increase money coming into China.
No tax when shipped, so that depends on how they handle taxes where you are. Small packets here are tax exempt. (under $100 I think) larger you have to (or are supposed to) submit on your own. Yeah.. Like that's gonna happen.. LOL. I'm in Canada btw.

So either way, you will pay the same amount of tax, whether you get everything at once or a bit at a time. Free shipping so you don't need to worry there.

OH.. you might want to add flush cut wire cutters and ceramic tweezers (and maybe an extra set of tweezer tips) to the list. They are really handy.
Christ... no joke... I have 6 more mods in the mail. Can't even tell you how many I own and DO NOT even ask about tanks, RDA's or RDTA's... it's never a one time deal. You buy 3 new things and 10 more come out the next day that you just have to have.

VapeMate

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Christ... no joke... I have 6 more mods in the mail. Can't even tell you how many I own and DO NOT even ask about tanks, RDA's or RDTA's... it's never a one time deal. You buy 3 new things and 10 more come out the next day that you just have to have.

man, i agree with you! i know how it is! i love to have all kinds of atties, mods, tools, etc...but atm i have many pockets with too much lack of money! whenever i filled them i'll be turning it into too many tanks and stuff like that!
and one other problem is the shopping itself, i'm living in a very restricting country + too many sanctions on us from outside!
thanks to you guys, thank you so much master gbalkam for telling me about fasttech! at last there is an online international shop that isn't restricting us and letting me pay by bitcoins.
when the package arrives i have to deal with taxes and duty! ....

VU Sponsors